PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart help.............

clownpuncher
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Looking to buy a relatively stock cart. My questions...........
Which make has the best after market parts?
Which is easiest to work on?
What are the pros and cons of gas and electric?
As always, thanks in advance
Roland

SPOCK
09-18-2005, 02:03 AM
i have a 36 volt club car for sale iff your lookin

Old Texan
09-18-2005, 05:00 AM
Club Car, EZ Go, Yamaha all top of line and parts readily available everywhere.
If you intend on using in hilly terrain and for 5 plus hours aday, go with gas.
Electric runs smoother and quieter but needs charging when not in use and quick charge isn't an option if you lose power away from the recharge source.

76ANTHONY
09-18-2005, 06:36 AM
get one that runs on gas, you could always feed it alchohol :crossx: :D :D you've got the resources :D

Debbolas
09-18-2005, 08:42 AM
the CASEANS "do" golf carts I believe :idea:

Debbolas
09-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I think they stopped.
Oh, well NO ONE informed ME?!?! :notam:
(see what happens when you go offline for a few months, geeeze) :D

Greaser
09-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Check out this site http://www.buggiesunlimited.com.
They have been very helpfull

djunkie
09-18-2005, 10:59 AM
How much you lookin to spend? :rollside:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749720x540_wheels.jpg

Advantage
09-18-2005, 11:44 AM
www.cartaddictions.com
Tom at Cart Addictions is great!

Greaser
09-18-2005, 02:08 PM
www.cartaddictions.com
Tom at Cart Addictions is great!
Damn, they got some pretty sweet carts

Nubbs
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I like EZGO carts the best. As far as gas or electric is concerned, what are you going to do with it? Electric carts are quiet, but need recharging. Gas carts are a bit noisy, but you only need to add gas. Check out my website for some aftermarket products. www.bigcountrycarts.com
Nubbs

Not So Fast
09-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Roland
Just got mine from Premier here in Havasu. I didnt want to break the bank so I went fairly stock with 2000 EZ GO, charge meter, street legal equip, rear seat, low rider whls & tires, new batteries ect. I will use it as a neighborhood car and making trips to the ramp and store. It's fun but going up hills seems to be a struggle but it is hilly on the north end of town where we live, it goes up them ok just a little slow, maybe gas would be better but i'm rebelling against the oil companies at this time :rolleyes: I was well under 4K with tax and license FYI Good Luck :chi: NSF

clownpuncher
09-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Good info, thanks everyone. Gonna buy a stocker in good condition and go from there. Electric due to the noise, thanks SWB. Nubbs, looks like you got some nice stuff. Hopefully I'll be giving you a call after I find a cart.
I'm thinking in the 3k range.
Thanks again
ROC

al cole'holic
09-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Good info, thanks everyone. Gonna buy a stocker in good condition and go from there. Electric due to the noise, thanks SWB. Nubbs, looks like you got some nice stuff. Hopefully I'll be giving you a call after I find a cart.
Thanks again
ROC
...keep up on the Pennysaver out there, there is great deals on carts. I wouldn't spend too much on a stocker and try not to buy a stocker from any of the businesses there, they are rapists! I found mine in the Cathedral Cnyn CC area, old dude wanted 1k I offered 500 and he took 600...good luck!!

Yarder
09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
at Arizona Sports Center.... The guy is awesome...
http://www.arizonasportscenter.com/
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10968cart_004small-med.jpg

watergun4u
09-19-2005, 09:48 PM
i no of a golf course that is soon to be going out of biz,, and they have gas carts,there are EZ go carts, im sure you could pick one up cheap if you give thema call, email me if you need a PHONE NUMBER BOATDAWGO@AOL.COM :rolleyes:

Nubbs
09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks again
ROC
Feel free to email/pm me if you need any questions answered.

NewGuy
09-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Roland
I own Cactus Golf Carts (Chandler, AZ). We always have used electric and gas E-Z-GO's and sometimes a few other brands. Right now we have 2002 E-Z-GO PDS electric and 2002 gas carts in stock. We also have 5 older/project gas Yamaha's, one is already lifted, that I need to sell. I will sell all 5 for 2K total, including delivery, in the Phoenix area. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Rob
602-770-5221

NewGuy
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92595
Check that link out...
Forensic
That is a very good deal. We have new plastic bodies that will bolt right on to that cart if you buy it.

bohica
09-20-2005, 11:03 AM
If you don't mind doing some work, here's a great deal.
Carts for sale (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=53780)

Mrs. casean
09-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I think they stopped.
You're right John... not enough time in the week for fun, carts, and our "real" jobs :D Just couldn't keep passing up our weekend trips to the desert and river to work on carts... was getting a little old after passing up a few when it was suppose to be a Side Hobby... can't have that!

Jrocket
09-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I own Cactus Golf Carts (Chandler, AZ). We always have used electric and gas E-Z-GO's and sometimes a few other brands. Right now we have 2002 E-Z-GO PDS electric and 2002 gas carts in stock. We also have 5 older/project gas Yamaha's, one is already lifted, that I need to sell. I will sell all 5 for 2K total, including delivery, in the Phoenix area. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Rob
602-770-5221
How much for one of the 02 EZ-Go gas karts?