PDA

View Full Version : Any Thousand Oaks boaters out there?

knimie
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Just looking for folks to hang with locally.

dicudmore
09-18-2005, 06:41 AM
simi valley here...
you'll find lots of 805'ers on here :wink:

plaster dave
09-18-2005, 09:47 AM
818 chatsworth

Brooski
09-18-2005, 02:58 PM
There is a lake in Thousand Oaks? lol

INSman
09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Yup, T.O. in the house !!! :wink:

schiada96
09-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Wildwood has a waterfall and a pond, oh yeah we do have a lake if you count the new koi pond at the civic center on the boulevard

Brooski
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Wouldnt it be great to launch a hot boat in Sherwood and do a WOT pass at 7 am? Probably would cause many heart attacks..... :eek:

Partycattin
09-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Live in Simi, work in Westlake.

HALLETT BOY
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Newbury Park here, 05 Hallett 270 with a Paul Pfaff 700 EFI...

MAINEVENT
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Oak PArk in the heeeezy :crossx:

MOBrien
09-28-2005, 10:13 AM
my folks & bro live out in Rancho Santa Rosa. I was born at Los Robles Hosp, grew up in Westlake, and went to Agoura HS and then Moorpark JC for a couple years before movin' on. Been thinkin of towing down and hitting Piru, Pyramid, Castaic for a day while visiting the fam................ :idea:

rivercrazy
09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Lived in Calabasas for 10 years and recently moved over to the east end of Simi.

MAINEVENT
09-28-2005, 10:35 AM
There is a lake in Thousand Oaks? lol
Westlake...... LOL

MOBrien
09-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Westlake...... LOL
pops had a semi-flat jet back in the day and I always wanted to drop that sucker in Westlake and make a speed run around the island. Off the trailer, stomp the throttle, and back on the trailer and gone in about 2 minutes. It can totally be done. :D

Mohavekid
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I grew up in Westlake Village too. I moved there in 1972 and was in the first graduating class from Westlake High School in 1982.
I thought about dropping the old mans jet boat in that lake more than a couple of times. :D
In fact, there used to be this older man on the lake there that had fixed up his little electric boat as a real hot rod. He had one of the ones that was a v-drive, and had upgraded the electric motor and added a bunch of batteries. That thing would plane out pretty good, and probably did 25 or 30 mph.

MOBrien
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I remember a couple of those guys.....in that old style tug boat lookin deal with the full canvas canopy with tassles all around. We used to shoot water balloons and bottle rockets at those guys. Oh yea, and at the dreaded "Lake Patrol" dorks. Damn that was fun. :crossx:

Mrs Luvnlife
09-29-2005, 07:32 AM
my folks & bro live out in Rancho Santa Rosa. I was born at Los Robles Hosp, grew up in Westlake, and went to Agoura HS and then Moorpark JC for a couple years before movin' on. Been thinkin of towing down and hitting Piru, Pyramid, Castaic for a day while visiting the fam................ :idea:
Damn, we moved out to Santa Rosa while I was still in school at TO....too funny. I'm sure I saw you causing trouble somewhere out there in Westlake, TO, Agoura, Moorpark!!!! :D
Hey, give us a holler if you do tow the boat down, we'd love to try to hit one of the lakes with ya! :rollside:

schiada96
09-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I spent a lot of nights fishing westlake

Dan Lorenze
09-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Me too.... I went to Westlake HS and now live in Moorpark..

MOBrien
09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Me too. We used to pull huge, I mean HUGE channel cats outta there with chunks of mackerel. Our spot was directly out from the "yacht club" right off the dock. They were like 3' long & 15-20 lbs. Great largemouth fishing in Westlake as well.
Those were good times.

MOBrien
09-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Damn, we moved out to Santa Rosa while I was still in school at TO....too funny. I'm sure I saw you causing trouble somewhere out there in Westlake, TO, Agoura, Moorpark!!!! :D
Hey, give us a holler if you do tow the boat down, we'd love to try to hit one of the lakes with ya! :rollside:
HAHA, I remember you telling me that you went to TO. We must know some of the same peeps. If we pull the boat down I'll definitely look you guys up. How's that fancy new ride anyhow? I'm kickin tires for a possible change next year........... :D

Mrs Luvnlife
09-30-2005, 05:31 AM
We must know some of the same peeps. If we pull the boat down I'll definitely look you guys up. How's that fancy new ride anyhow? I'm kickin tires for a possible change next year........... :D
Yep, I'll bet we do :eek: . Tony & I just had this same conversation the other night and we actually know some of the same peeps.
Really liking the new ride, it's alot of fun :) .
Well, at least you're giving yourself some quality shopping time, then you'll know what you really want!!

Liquid Courage
09-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Hollywood Beach.....I don't like to say "Oxnard" ;)
And speaking of that, anyone know who owns the all white 28 Bullet. I saw it cruising down Harbor Blvd. a few days ago. NICE RIDE!!

MOBrien
09-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Hollywood Beach.....I don't like to say "Oxnard" ;)
I grew up surfing those beaches. Hollywood, Silver Strand, Ox Shores, Hueneme, SC rivermouth. Those places go off when it's big! Always hated crossing those "ponds" at Hueneme though....yuk!
Wish I was still down there.

Liquid Courage
09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
I grew up surfing those beaches. Hollywood, Silver Strand, Ox Shores, Hueneme, SC rivermouth. Those places go off when it's big! Always hated crossing those "ponds" at Hueneme though....yuk!
Wish I was still down there.
Hey, I already told you when you want to come down we'll take you for a run on the Cig anytime! ;)

MOBrien
09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey, I already told you when you want to come down we'll take you for a run on the Cig anytime! ;)
I'll remember that LQ......next time I'm down there seeing the folks I'm gonna take you up on that. If you're anything like me, any excuse to hit the water is a good one..........lunch is on me. Actually, you may get that call sooner than later. Pops is going in for knee replacement this Tuesday and will be laid up for a while. Might be a good time to pay them a visit in the next month or so. Do you lay your boat up during certain months of the year or boat year-round?
Later,
MOB

mbrown2
09-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Slimey Valley in the da hizzle..

Liquid Courage
10-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I'll remember that LQ......next time I'm down there seeing the folks I'm gonna take you up on that. If you're anything like me, any excuse to hit the water is a good one..........lunch is on me. Actually, you may get that call sooner than later. Pops is going in for knee replacement this Tuesday and will be laid up for a while. Might be a good time to pay them a visit in the next month or so. Do you lay your boat up during certain months of the year or boat year-round?
Later,
MOB
Boat year 'round. Let me know when you're in town. ;)