PDA

View Full Version : Speeding tickets in Havi..???

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
So I got a speeding ticket up by the airport last weekend for doing 75 in the 55... is there an option to do traffic school on the internet. I read in the flyer that the cop gave me that CDL can not to traffic school..
Does anyone have past experience???

Hardly Satisfied
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Check with KILRTOY ,He might know

Todd969
05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
So I got a speeding ticket up by the airport last weekend for doing 75 in the 55... is there an option to do traffic school on the internet. I read in the flyer that the cop gave me that CDL can not to traffic school..
Does anyone have past experience???
Advise: OBEY the posted speed limits in town with California plates. Good Luck.

YeLLowBoaT
05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I really doubt that they will let you do traffic school for 20 mph OVER the speed limit.

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 11:27 AM
It was my fault too, my speedo is about 10-12mph off because of the 40" tires, plus I was in kind of a daze, I tried to pull the "my speedo said 60" :)
It's been 15 years and never got a ticket out there. I do know that they hassle lifted trucks without mud flaps too...

HM
Arizona will not allow out of state to do Traffic School on the internet. I speak from experience. :D
But, you will be able to do traffic school with 20 MPH over. Again, I speak from experience. :D
You will just have to coordinate a rivertrip with traffic school.

gqchris
I really doubt that they will let you do traffic school for 20 mph OVER the speed limit.
I did traffic school for that amount over here in Cali 3 years ago, they dont discrimiate against how fast it was.

HM
05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I did traffic school for that amount over here in Cali 3 years ago, they dont discrimiate against how fast it was.
There is a limit. Again, I speak from experience. :D

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 11:30 AM
It's a time over money issue, 6 hours of doing nothing just kills me....
just have to slow my a$$ down and put the brick off to the side

gqchris
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Advise: OBEY the posted speed limits in town with California plates. Good Luck. Im sure you NEVER have done 75 in a 55 either!
:rolleyes:

Todd969
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Im sure you NEVER have done 75 in a 55 either!
:rolleyes:
Didn't say that. Read it again, I was offering resident advise.

gqchris
05-09-2006, 11:36 AM
There is a limit. Again, I speak from experience. :D
:) I guess 20 is the magic number huh.

Boatcop
05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
If you were cited while driving in a commercial capacity, then no, you can't take traffic school.
However, if you were "off-duty" in a non-commercial vehicle, then I think traffic school is still an option.
Call the court and they can tell you for sure.
And you will have to take a physical vs. virtual (on-line) traffic school if eligible.

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
What if I was "virtually" not speeding?? :rollside:

voodoomedman
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
It was my fault too, I tried to pull the "my speedo said 60" :)
There's your problem. I screwed up on my way into town by Cattail a couple weekends ago. When the cop asked me why he pulled me over I told him probably cuz I came around the corner a little too fast. There is a little more to the story so you can look up my thread on it but it's basically like this.... He told me he usually let's go 6-7 over and after that he will pull you over. Depending on your attitude you will get a break. I got a $50 waste of finite ticket. No points, no traffic school, no hundreds of dollars in fines and traffic school and wasted time. I knew I screwed up and I admitted to it.

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I didn't play dumb, I knew I was speeding, wasn't pissed at the cop or anything, he actually was ok, and we shot the sh!t for a little bit. The only thing I blew it on was lying about the speedo calibration. Can't get pissed at the dude for doing his job... I'm sure he gets his share of a-holes on any given weekend... gotta be a tough town to work being the "enemy"

dicudmore
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Advise: OBEY the posted speed limits in town with California plates. Good Luck.
this is sound advice...CA plates are looked at more closely than AZ...

jbtrailerjim
05-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I assume you have a commercial drivers license? If you have a CDL there is a new law that started this year, that if you have a CDL you can no longer attend traffic school. It does not matter if you are driving a personal vehicle or a commercial vehicle when you get the ticket. Not sure though if it is a nation wide law or just a California law.

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Call me a dumba$$, I thought a CDL was a CA Driver's License, not a "Commercial"... my error.... no commercial license here....