PDA

View Full Version : turbo plumbing

keithmenard
09-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Any one have any diagrams/ pics of how they did their water plumbing for their turbo engines?

obnoxious001
09-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Which system do you have? You probably want to cool exhaust manifolds first, then thru the engine. When you plumb cooling, enter the lowest spot in the manifold, riser, etc, and exit the higher spot.
You will want to plumb the intercooler separate, force fed from a pickup if you can. Tell me what all you have to cool, engine and trans oil coolers? PM or email me if you have specific questions obnoxious001@yahoo.com

keithmenard
09-19-2005, 10:58 AM
I had this all rigged up before...but I was using heater hose...I figure I should do it right and get the idea of putting it in the water this season out of my head.
I do have a seperate pick up for the intercooler.
I think the way I did it last time was...from the jet -> valve -> T...one side to the L exhaust, one to the right -> front exhaust log -> engine block, through the block etc., out the thermostat housing -> exhaust/ turbo riser -> out the back of the boat ( I am hoping to find some over transom exhause pipes and be able to exit through those in the future)
from the pick up -> T -> L &R outer inlets of intercooler -> inner outlets of intercooler and out the boat.
I am running a pair of gale banks turbos set at about 6lbs (I think the are T-04s.) but hoping to get to about 8 lbs.
It is a 454 bored .60 with forged pistons and aluminum heads decked .125 & .051 cometic gaskets. 4 bolt main, but pretty stock on the bottom end. Using a boost referenced holly 850.
I think thats all the particulars :)

MKEELINE
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I have a copy of the old Banks plumbing diagrams. Get me a fax # and I'll send you a copy. If you have any turbo questions you should take obnoxious 001's offer and email him. Barry is very knowledgable and helpful.

keithmenard
09-21-2005, 09:37 AM
thank you!