PDA

View Full Version : Damn 49ers

havasujoe93
09-19-2005, 04:21 PM
They beat the Rams last week and "F" it up against the Eagles. :mad:

havasujoe93
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I was pulling for the chargers as well.
I can't stand Tim Ratay. We have 2 back up QB's that smoke Ratay. Damn Mike Nolan.

MagicMtnDan
09-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't say the game was close since the 49ers highlight was a one-handed catch on a play where the receiver didn't even get a first down. :jawdrop: :hammer2:

havasujoe93
09-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Did the 49ers cut Alex Smith and Ken Dorsey and sign two new backups? :D
No they still have them both, along with Cody Pickett. Alex Smith played at the end of the game with a couple mins. to go. Way too late.

havasujoe93
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't say the game was close since the 49ers highlight was a one-handed catch on a play where the receiver didn't even get a first down. :jawdrop: :hammer2:
Pretty disappointing but a good catch. Congrats on your teams win. Willie Parker is an animal.

NoCal NoBoat
09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey, I was upset, too... but "Damn Mike Nolan" ???
Today we saw the difference between the NFL's elite and a 2-14 team...
An elite team that got embarassed in ATL last week, that was looking to kick ass and take names.
A coaching staff that had a whole week to break down film and watch every
blitz package the Niners ran against the Rams...
Not to mention LB Derek Smith giving billboard quotes guaranteed to fire up TO. Trust me, I've been a Niners fan for 40+ years - TO is a jackass, but he doesn't need a reason to get fired up to play the Niners.
I'm trying to have fun watching the Niners this year - Brandon Lloyd has a lot of game. Arnaz Battle can play a second QB on any down. The linebackers should pull it together and play pretty well as time goes on.
Kevin Barlow is seriously overpaid for what he contributes right now, and I'd rather see Maurice Hicks starting at RB. The OL is seriously banged up right now, and Kwame Harris has never played like a first round tackle, left or right side.
How 'bout that Joe Nedney !! (LOL)
Mike Nolan will work out just fine, given a year or two of no cap problems...

NoCal NoBoat
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Shockwave Bob -
I believe I heard the bad number this year is $ 20 mil. Much of it is supposed to clear next season.
I agree with you on Andrew Walter - he is ready to play...
Alex Smith is a work in progress, and should probably be brought along on a Joe Montana-like timetable. I don't think he's a Jim Druckenmiller sized bust yet, I think he can read the playbook. I don't think his time in Utah prepared him for the speed of the NFL game. During preseason, he got sacked right about the time he was checking to this second receiver...

Rexone
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
They beat the Rams last week and "F" it up against the Eagles. :mad:
49ers suck.