PDA

View Full Version : who does good service

maxbowride
06-18-2002, 04:50 PM
I am looking for a place in San Diego where I can have my 5.0L alpha1 serviced. I have used Hipp Marine and La Jolla marine, and do not like either one of them. Currently Hipp has my boat six days longer than predicted and they broke the skeg on the drive. On top of that, the annual is costing $436.31, plus the drive work ($1300.00 total, not including the skeg weld). La Jolla tore my cover and had the boat three weeks and didnÂ’t fix the problem with oil in the bilge. Is there any place that is on time, reasonable, does the service right, and does not do damage to the boat while they have it?

502procharger
06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
only you my friend, it is the same on the east coast

BOFH
06-19-2002, 07:21 AM
And on the Gulf Coast. All winter long they will just about blow you for any business you can give, and in the summer they won't even return your calls. Every time I deal with one of these "professional establishments" I have the urge to open a shop. If they can make a living running a business that badly, how hard can it be? :-)

sdmarkus
06-19-2002, 09:06 AM
the boat store on Hancock behind the sports Arena- They're good people. I've heard good things about JP Marine, but never been there myself. Good luck,
Mark

SD MIKEY
06-25-2002, 10:29 PM
I couldnt find anywhere in SD to take my boat! Its in corona right now and I will let you know how it turns out. Should know by the end of the week.