PDA

View Full Version : Who was on the Sacramento River Sunday??

Carbon Dave
09-20-2005, 07:45 AM
As the title says. Just wondering if any of you were on the river yesterday. I saw several sweet boats. Also saw a twin turbo boat...anyone??

Robbie Racer
09-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Howdy Dave. Rocket-J (24' HTM), Blown Carrera (26' Howard) and I were cruising up around Moore's Riverboat and Tower Park. There were a few other big twin motor cats (two Skater's and a Nortech) along with a couple of Fountains that pulled into the Riverboat also. It was a beautiful day on the delta yesterday.

deltarat
09-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I was out with DaveO and Diggler yesterday. I also had my Fountain out all day Sat. Ran into a guy over by Herman and Helens on Sat. that was in a real nice F26, he blew his drive and had launched in Pittsburg. Talk about being broke along way from your trailer. Offered him a tow but he already had help on the way.

Carbon Dave
09-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Guess I should have said near Sac. I was up north of Old Sacramento
Was a great day out. Well, until my battery/starter took a crap...LOL Got home OK though.

sleek willy
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I was out sunday 10:30 am- 4:00. I launched @ discovery park and went north.
- Sleek Willy

sleek willy
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I lost my blower belt idler pulley, anchored and fixed it, then lost 2 more bolts . :angry2: I had to limp home from way upstream.
The good part was just before it broke. Headed up river on smooth water, W.O.T. got trimmed out , aired out and just plain flying. Tried to look at speedo just as it broke apart and hosed me with water.
You and I should hook up so we can tow each other back to the ramp.
-Sleek Willy

***boateditor
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Howdy Dave. Rocket-J (24' HTM), Blown Carrera (26' Howard) and I were cruising up around Moore's Riverboat and Tower Park. There were a few other big twin motor cats (two Skater's and a Nortech) along with a couple of Fountains that pulled into the Riverboat also. It was a beautiful day on the delta yesterday.
Wow! Sounds great! I only wish I could have been there!

Carbon Dave
09-22-2005, 07:59 PM
You and I should hook up so we can tow each other back to the ramp.
That might be kinda hard if we both end up dead in the water...LOL We were probably floating down the river at the same time.
Luckily for us a guy came by who had a booster box and we jumped it and got it running. I am thinking the alternator took a dump.

stashtrey
09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I was out there on Sunday from about 11am until 6pm. Was mostly floating around up the American but cruised around near Discovery/Crawdad's. I was right there when the Sheriff's pulled that body out of the water behind Rusty Duck. Pretty sobering to see them fish a body out of the water.
I'll have to keep an eye out for all you guys. I have a 18' Spectra... cream/white with red and red bimini. I can't hang with your big boats but I'dl ove to meet some new people out there.
I was also out on Saturday 9/24. Floated around the American, then up Sacramento towards Alamar. Hung out at the Sturgeon for several hours trying to find my single friend some tail.... we hit gold and made friends with a couple of chicks waiting for 10 other women that were on their way for a bachelorette party. My buddy took down several numbers and I managed to do some harmless flirting (married and faithful). Good times! Lots of idiots on the river around there... some dude cruised up in his Bayliner at about 8 mph throwing this huge wake.... swings around and parks right in front of the bar/patio. He got some serious shit from all the people in there.

SMFRiverRat
09-27-2005, 04:19 PM
I was out there on Sunday from about 11am until 6pm. Was mostly floating around up the American but cruised around near Discovery/Crawdad's. I was right there when the Sheriff's pulled that body out of the water behind Rusty Duck. Pretty sobering to see them fish a body out of the water.
I'll have to keep an eye out for all you guys. I have a 18' Spectra... cream/white with red and red bimini. I can't hang with your big boats but I'dl ove to meet some new people out there.
I was also out on Saturday 9/24. Floated around the American, then up Sacramento towards Alamar. Hung out at the Sturgeon for several hours trying to find my single friend some tail.... we hit gold and made friends with a couple of chicks waiting for 10 other women that were on their way for a bachelorette party. My buddy took down several numbers and I managed to do some harmless flirting (married and faithful). Good times! Lots of idiots on the river around there... some dude cruised up in his Bayliner at about 8 mph throwing this huge wake.... swings around and parks right in front of the bar/patio. He got some serious shit from all the people in there.
What? She did not tell me about that part of the Party. I hope you did not get the phone number of a certian 5'8" redhead. I will have to ask her about that. :)

acatitude
09-27-2005, 04:54 PM
missed this weekend will probably be out sunday if weather is good. may cruise up to swabbies and sturgeon earlier