Hardly Satisfied
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
sept 23rd -25rd anyone going

That Guy
09-20-2005, 11:59 AM
We be there.....it will be a blast.... :D

Partycattin
09-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Should arrive early Friday and staying til Monday. Staying at the Nautical. Should be a good time!

Focker
09-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Ill Be Getting There On Thursday Staying Till Sunday

Focker
09-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Should arrive early Friday and staying til Monday. Staying at the Nautical. Should be a good time!
WE NEED TO CONNECT UP I THINK WE LIVE AROUND THE CORNER FROM YOU IN SIMI

LHC30Victory
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Don't wanna spend the $$$ for the same old stuff.

That Guy
09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Come on Ted you slacker....we need you there. :D

LHC30Victory
09-20-2005, 01:32 PM
No you dont...Now if your WIFE does, that's a different reason altogether :cool:
I have a B/D party on Sat that would be impolite to miss and sunday is booked as well.
Sorry.

That Guy
09-20-2005, 01:34 PM
No you dont...Now if your WIFE does, that's a different reason altogether :cool:
I have a B/D party on Sat that would be impolite to miss and sunday is booked as well.
Sorry.
Alright...then my wife needs you there.... :D We will miss you....

H20Advantage
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
We planned on it but looks like we will miss it now due to work. First time we have not been in five years. :frown:
Have fun and win some good prizes at the dinner.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Old Fart!!!!
:frown:
We'll be there!!!!
:cool:

ELIMINAT THIS
09-20-2005, 06:15 PM
We had planed on going,but I :hammer2: the motor at the bridge to bridge.hope to make it next year. Have fun.

LHC30Victory
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Old Fart!!!!
:frown:
We'll be there!!!!
:cool:
Old Fart? Dare you to step outside :messedup:
Of course you'll be there - what with your connections and all :D
Tell Bob (Hey, I just realized his initials are BS!) I said HI.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Dare you to step outside :messedup:
Police Brutality !!!!.....Police Brutality !!!!! :boxingguy
I'm callin' the NAACP...... :rolleyes:
Oh crap.....I don't think they'll help me..... :idea:
Hehe.... :p
Oh...Just come to the Reagtta !!!!!.....It'l be FUN !!!!!
CJG
;)

Big Bear
09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
We've been pointing to this weekend for some time now!!!!!
Finally a long weekend away from the job. Hey Focker and Partycattin, we live in Simi too!! Look for us, we'll look for you.
Chris, looking forward to seeing you out there finally this year!! Not a good year for me, only the 4th weekend out with the boat this year.

Focker
09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
We've been pointing to this weekend for some time now!!!!!
Finally a long weekend away from the job. Hey Focker and Partycattin, we live in Simi too!! Look for us, we'll look for you.
Chris, looking forward to seeing you out there finally this year!! Not a good year for me, only the 4th weekend out with the boat this year.
Ok Big Bear and Partycattin
im at Yosemite and Alamo. need to pm us phone numbers had a bbq yesterday with Dan Cudmore and Hallet1 ,
we
could have our own simi regatta
mine is 805 501-6774

Perfect Mixer
09-20-2005, 09:40 PM
We're goin' too. This will be our first. Thursday we're staying at a buddies house then its the Nautical for Friday and Saturday. I'm not sure how everything goes down though. What time does everything get underway? I imagine that there is going to be some sort of registration Friday morning at the Nautical Inn. What goes on at these things? Most of our friends our coming out on Friday night so they're going to miss all the happenings on Friday. Is there slips available? They told me that I could just leave the boat on the beach. Is that safe?

malibuken
09-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Going to miss this years. :( Got mixed up on dates and such. :hammerhea For sure next year though. :D
You guys have a great time.

Party Cat
09-21-2005, 08:12 AM
We'll be there for our 1st...Pulling in Friday afternoon...Look forward to meeting everyone :)

Focker
09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
We're goin' too. This will be our first. Thursday we're staying at a buddies house then its the Nautical for Friday and Saturday. I'm not sure how everything goes down though. What time does everything get underway? I imagine that there is going to be some sort of registration Friday morning at the Nautical Inn. What goes on at these things? Most of our friends our coming out on Friday night so they're going to miss all the happenings on Friday. Is there slips available? They told me that I could just leave the boat on the beach. Is that safe?
THEY DONT DO ANYTHING UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT AT 6PM AND THEN AT 10AM ON SAT MORNING. BASICALLY FRIDAY IS YOUR DAY UNTIL 6PM SO YOUR FRIENDS WONT MISS ANYTHING. SAT IS FUN

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
The regatta is really just an excuse to go to Havasu.
Do any of you go to the dinner event? I have never gone to it.

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 10:20 AM
We've left our boat at the nautical and it's been fine. Finding room can be tough though.

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 10:22 AM
im at Yosemite and Alamo
Are you in Indian Hills/Ridge or the neighborhood below the water tower?

LHC30Victory
09-21-2005, 10:58 AM
1) Dont need an excuse :D
2) Gone to the dinner and it was catered by Chicos = very good meal but still more $$ than usual.

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
2) Gone to the dinner and it was catered by Chicos = very good meal but still more $$ than usual.
We usually hang out at Nautical a lot. Hit the registration Friday night.
Do the photo thing Saturday.
Did the poker run 1 year, but found that it takes too long to get to the end of the lake in my slow boat. Usually just hit a couple of the closer checkpoints and get the rest of my cards at the end.
Would like to do the Sunday breakfast run, but usually to tired to get up early for that.

Focker
09-21-2005, 11:16 AM
WENT LAST YEAR AND DID NOT ENJOY IT. OVERPRICED FOOD. I OPTED TO PURCHASE A COUPLE OF T-SHIRTS AND EAT SAT NIGHT ON MY OWN TIME. YOU CAN STILL GO AND SEE ALL THE PICS THEY TOOK FROM THE HELICOPTER AND GET YOUR PIC NUMBERS, BUT FOREGO THE FOOD.

Focker
09-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you in Indian Hills/Ridge or the neighborhood below the water tower?
IM IN INDIAN MEADOWS WHICH IS THE AREA BELOW THE WATER TOWERS
PLACERITA DRIVE , JUSTA ROUND THE CORNER AND DOWN THE HILL FROM dAKOTAS

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
OVERPRICED FOOD.
Spoken like a true Bean-Counter!!!!
Hehehe!!!
Later,
CJG
:p

Focker
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Spoken like a true Bean-Counter!!!!
Hehehe!!!
Later,
CJG
:p
gotta watch ma dollars now that they raised the rates again.
ill have to sell my havasu lots if this keeps up
:eat:
CJG
:p[/QUOTE]

Focker
09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
just got this
Thank You for pre registering for the Advantage Boats 2005 Regatta.
Your registration was received.
This year the hospitality/registration party will be in the Nautical Inn’s Conference Center. Registration opens at 6:30pm and runs to 9:30pm Friday September 23rd.
Please be sure to attend the Drivers meeting Saturday 10:00am on Rotary Beach or float as close to the beach in Thompson Bay as you can and listen via your FM radio 88.1.
Attending the Drivers Meeting is mandatory; any changes to the schedule will be announced at that time. Plus we will cover all the safety issues and regulations everyone is required to adhere to through out the day.
Launching:
Nautical Inn: When you stop by registration ask for your boat launch and boat trailer passes. Launching at the Nautical is only for guests registered at the Nautical Inn. ******Registered Guests of the Nautical Inn are given Priority Parking in the Nautical Inn Cove. As an attendee of the Advantage Regatta please extend all courtesies to these guests.
Lake Havasu Marina Located at: 1100 N. McCulloch Blvd (on island) (928) 855-2159 Per the manager of the Lake Havasu Marina, “If your boat has through hull exhaust, you must have mufflers to launch at the Lake Havasu Marina”.
Windsor Beach Located at: 699 London Bridge Rd. (928) 855-2784
Site Six Located on the island just past the Beachcomber Resort. Launch Fee is FREE this is a small launch with a steep ramp, it is not recommended for low profile trailers or larger boats unless you have four wheel drive.
Regatta 2005
Schedule of Events
Friday Evening Sept 23rd
Hospitality Party 6:30pm to 9:30 --- Nautical Inn Conference Center
Registration Starts 6:30pm -- Nautical Inn Conference Center
Hot Wheel Races 8:00 -- Nautical Inn Conference Center
Saturday Morning Setp 24th
Registration Continued 9:00 to 10:00 -- Rotary Beach
Drivers Meeting 10:00am -- Rotary Beach/Thompson Bay
Saturday On The Lake
Group Photo --- Helicopter Running Shots
Poker Run (Take your time, it’s not a race!!)
Stereo Contest (Let Us Know When You Check In If You Want to Take Part)
Rotary Beach Reserved For Advantage Regatta Only
Boat Parade
Saturday Evening -- Aquatic Center
Dinner and Hospitaly Party, Awards Presentation Raffle and Giveaways
The Schedule is subject to change,
Be sure to attend the Driver’s meeting for updates.
If you have any questions, Please E-Mail them to:
unclelarry@411havasu.com

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
IM IN INDIAN MEADOWS WHICH IS THE AREA BELOW THE WATER TOWERS
PLACERITA DRIVE , JUSTA ROUND THE CORNER AND DOWN THE HILL FROM dAKOTAS
I was just in you hood. You live next to Moneypit aka sport doc?

That Guy
09-21-2005, 02:33 PM
The dinner on Sat. night is usually fun....you should all come to see me crowned Prince of the Regatta and to collect my poker run winnings.... :p :p :cool:

Partycattin
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Focker]Regatta 2005
The Schedule is subject to change,
QUOTE]
It appears that the only change was "2004" to "2005". That's the same schedule as last year.

Focker
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I was just in you hood. You live next to Moneypit aka sport doc?
across the street

Perfect Mixer
09-21-2005, 04:40 PM
So it's OK that I didn't preregister? I didn't realize that I needed to. I'm glad that most of the activities are on Saturday. Is it benificial to set up an EZ up on the beach to hold the space? We've got 3 of them we can bring.

Focker
09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
So it's OK that I didn't preregister? I didn't realize that I needed to. I'm glad that most of the activities are on Saturday. Is it benificial to set up an EZ up on the beach to hold the space? We've got 3 of them we can bring.
by pre registering you get there goody bags
most of the day on sat is on the water

Big Bear
09-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, we live in the South Hills a few blocks off Sycamore and Fitzgerald. Used to live at Alamo and Lemon. I would love to meet some Simi hot-boaters and hang out when my work schedule permits.
We are getting there about noon Fri and are staying at the London Bridge Resort. We rent a boat slip for the weekend so we dont have to mess with the boat til Sunday. Doing the Sat. dinner mainly for the social mingling and to collect my poker run winnings!!!
Robey 805 795 4173

Focker
09-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, we live in the South Hills a few blocks off Sycamore and Fitzgerald. Used to live at Alamo and Lemon. I would love to meet some Simi hot-boaters and hang out when my work schedule permits.
We are getting there about noon Fri and are staying at the London Bridge Resort. We rent a boat slip for the weekend so we dont have to mess with the boat til Sunday. Doing the Sat. dinner mainly for the social mingling and to collect my poker run winnings!!!
Robey 805 795 4173
ill be on the water friday afternoon call me when you get settled

Big Bear
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I will probably launch at Windsor as soon as we get there and have my nephew drive the rig over and meet me at LBR. Hopefully we can get into our room right away and have plenty of time to play before the Fri nite gig at the Nautical. I have your # in my phone already. See you out there!! :D

Focker
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I will probably launch at Windsor as soon as we get there and have my nephew drive the rig over and meet me at LBR. Hopefully we can get into our room right away and have plenty of time to play before the Fri nite gig at the Nautical. I have your # in my phone already. See you out there!! :D
kewl

northern baja
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM
So who's going?! I'm flying in to see what kind of good time the Advantage crew can muster.
So who's making the trip? Who should I watch for?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Look for me.....
I'm the real quiet shy one !!!!
Later,
CJG
:wink:

Partycattin
09-23-2005, 07:08 AM
And we'll be crawling to the Turtle naked.....I mean the Naked Turtle. :cool:

Focker
09-23-2005, 08:03 AM
And we'll be crawling to the Turtle naked.....I mean the Naked Turtle. :cool:
typical simi resident

Craig
09-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Damn, I wish I could make it, haven't been for a couple of years. Putting down 900 ft2 of tile in the house and have to finish it up before October when work gets busy!
Craig

Partycattin
09-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Thought the Regatta was pretty mellow this year. Last year the group photo was full of energy, everyone having fun and partying. I think everyone was severly hung-over Saturday morning as it was very calm and quiet in the tie up. Nobody even made it to the music boat to dance.
Today is awesome. The lake is glass and most people went home yesterday. Should be a good day for some wakeboarding!
I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.
Focker, looked for you with no success. I'll have to print a picture of your boat to make it an easier search next time. My memory sucks :)

That Guy
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Agreed...pretty mellow but still fun. Focker and Big Bear, nice to meet you both.....

Focker
09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Agreed...pretty mellow but still fun. Focker and Big Bear, nice to meet you both.....
ditto
had a great time
thanks to eveyone for all the fun

Focker
09-27-2005, 10:21 AM
my favorite quote of the day
Big Bear jumps in my boat and tells everyone he has come to meet the Fockers

Big Bear
09-27-2005, 05:12 PM
my favorite quote of the day
Big Bear jumps in my boat and tells everyone he has come to meet the Fockers
And a pleasure it was to meet the Fockers!! :D
SBark, good to meet you finally.
Great time had by all I hope. We did the Havasu Luvr wedding in the channel and had a great time at that.
Great weekend Y'all!!!