PDA

View Full Version : Launching at Topock

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Anybody launch at Topock this weekend? Was the river down? Up? Problems with the ramp??
:confused:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-20-2005, 02:35 PM
We were out on Labor day weekend and they had the launch closed one of the days because it was too shallow. The lagoon looked like a murky mud puddle. :idea:
No idea about now though.

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
We were out on Labor day weekend and they had the launch closed one of the days because it was too shallow. The lagoon looked like a murky mud puddle. :idea:
No idea about now though.
Can I ask where you launched?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes you can.....Park Moabi :wink:

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes you can.....Park Moabi :wink:
Any problems there? Was the entire river down?
Thanks.

cola
09-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Any problems there? Was the entire river down?
Thanks.
River is only down on the East side. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
09-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Water is up here in the Bullhead area the last week. Way high !!!

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Water is up here in the Bullhead area the last week. Way high !!!
Okee.......is it possible that it would be down in the Needles area and high in Bullhead?? I heard they were lowering Mohave which to me means more water for the river.

Nord
09-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I will never use Topack again!!! There is a dropoff at the end of the ramp, when the water is low, it ruins everyone's trailers!!

Desert Rat
09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I will never use Topack again!!! There is a dropoff at the end of the ramp, when the water is low, it ruins everyone's trailers!!
and a bump out a few feet in the middle of the summer that takes out props :sqeyes:

Mrs. casean
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I saw the ramp at Topock on Saturday, not sure if it was closed, or if just part of it was... I saw cones & tape at the top... Moabi however was great! No problem whatsoever. That launch ramp kicks ass now for sure! So if you can't launch at Topock this weekend, you shouldn't have any probs at Moabi. The lady in the office this weekend was telling me that people have been launching at Topock & Needles all weekend but have to get the truck and drive to moabi to get the boat of of the water becuase the water level keeps dropping. But for us, no probs and our friend had a 29' boat out there. Have Fun!

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey........thanks for getting back to me.
So you launched at Moabi........how was the water.....up? down?

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I saw the ramp at Topock on Saturday, not sure if it was closed, or if just part of it was... I saw cones & tape at the top... Moabi however was great! No problem whatsoever. That launch ramp kicks ass now for sure! So if you can't launch at Topock this weekend, you shouldn't have any probs at Moabi. The lady in the office this weekend was telling me that people have been launching at Topock & Needles all weekend but have to get the truck and drive to moabi to get the boat of of the water becuase the water level keeps dropping. But for us, no probs and our friend had a 29' boat out there. Have Fun!
Oh.....and you sig line gives me the willys :yuk:

Mrs. casean
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey........thanks for getting back to me.
So you launched at Moabi........how was the water.....up? down?
The water was a little lower, but not enough to give us any worriese. We went to the sandbar on Sat and there were no problems at all, lots of boats out there too. So you should be fine I think. I guess I could change the little willy sig. :D

Ultracrazy
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
The water was a little lower, but not enough to give us any worriese. We went to the sandbar on Sat and there were no problems at all, lots of boats out there too. So you should be fine I think. I guess I could change the little willy sig. :D
Okee......I guess Moabi will be my best bet......thanks again for the update.

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Okee......I guess Moabi will be my best bet......thanks again for the update.
Anymore comments or updates??

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
and a bump out a few feet in the middle of the summer that takes out props :sqeyes:
We sucked gravel in our jet last time we launched there (at topock). So even jets aren't safe there.

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 06:44 PM
When you launch at Moabi and go through the channel to the river, stay to the right, the left is more shallow :cool:

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 06:57 PM
We sucked gravel in our jet last time we launched there (at topock). So even jets aren't safe there.
When was that?
Oh......and aren't you the "ramp hogger? JKJK........ :shift:

sxpilot
09-21-2005, 06:57 PM
F-Topock launch ramp...I had no choice, 11 days ago i had to recover my broken down boat from the Topock marina, as everyone mentioned the ramp drops off about 2 1/2 feet...it desroyed my trailer fenders and cut my tires...good thing I had my 4x4 to drage that thing out...
Moab is way better...

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 06:58 PM
When you launch at Moabi and go through the channel to the river, stay to the right, the left is more shallow :cool:
Yeah.......it does get tight on the left. How is the trailer parking at Moabi....plentyful and easy to manuver......my boat bitch is a rookie.
:boxed:

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
pretty small lot...but if I can park the trailer there, she can :D

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
pretty small lot...but if I can park the trailer there, she can :D
Hehehe.......well....I've been told you're better than most ;)
Alrighty......thanks for the info. Take care.
Steve

Nord
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Just replied over on RRL, keep missing you!!! :cool:

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Just replied over on RRL, keep missing you!!! :cool:
Well stay in one place dammit! :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
When was that?
Oh......and aren't you the "ramp hogger? JKJK........ :shift:
That was last year, in August. And no, my man is the ramp hogger! LOL
That is the reason we were "hoggin'" the ramp. We had a difficult time gettin' the mo-fo on the trailer between the drop off and the gravel in our impeller. The bar there is good, though. :D Don't get me wrong, I like Topoc, just not the launch.
And Deb, the lot and ramp at Moabi look like the Taj Mahal compared to the parking and ramp situation across the river. :hammer2:

Ultracrazy
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
That was last year, in August. And no, my man is the ramp hogger! LOL
That is the reason we were "hoggin'" the ramp. We had a difficult time gettin' the mo-fo on the trailer between the drop off and the gravel in our impeller. The bar there is good, though. :D Don't get me wrong, I like Topoc, just not the launch.
And Deb, the lot and ramp at Moabi look like the Taj Mahal compared to the parking and ramp situation across the river. :hammer2:
Yep.....I remember. But.......I was not having a good day and I should have been A LOT more understanding :supp:
Yes....your right....the parking lot there can be a pain in the ass.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Just replied over on RRL, keep missing you!!! :cool:I think it's safer over here :D