PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Boat...what do you think?

havi369
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Im considering the purchase of this boat. Can you all tell me what you think of it, and if its priced right? $49K
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/4567670/80360864_1.jpg
thank you

WYRD
09-20-2005, 04:32 PM
I think you should save yourself $4K and buy phat Matt's boat :crossx:

havi369
09-20-2005, 04:33 PM
more info:
2003 ULTRA 23' 0'' 496 Mag EFI engine, Bravo 1X drive

Debbolas
09-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Phat Matt's boat is very nice :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524steamboatsig.jpg
For Sale: 2002 Commander 24' Signature
Blowout at $45k
PM me for details.
Phat Matt

jbtrailerjim
09-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Great boat! I absolutely love mine. Need some more details about that boat. What year is the boat, what engine, what options etc.... Also get the H.I.N.# and call down to Ultra in El Cajon. They can give you all the details about the boat.

havi369
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
thanks jbtrailerjim
how is ultra customer service?do they hold there value well? I dont know much about boats, this will be my first purchase. thanks

jbtrailerjim
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
more info:
That is a decent price for that boat with that power package.

bunny 166
09-20-2005, 04:44 PM
It's beautiful! I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Ultra....you cannot go wrong with them! John West is fantastic.... ;)
I think Phat Matt's boat is definitely worth checking out....he is a great guy,too, and his boat is really good looking! :D :D

Jordy
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I think you should buy a Kachina. ;) :rolleyes: :idea: :D
Just kidding. From what I've seen in my tenure here, you can't go wrong with an Ultra. John and his crew have what I would consider one of the best, if not the best, rep of any boat company in business today. If I was in the market for something different, Ultra would definately be on my short list. ;) :D

jbtrailerjim
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
thanks jbtrailerjim
how is ultra customer service?do they hold there value well? I dont know much about boats, this will be my first purchase. thanks
There customer service is awesome. You will have a hard time finding an unhappy Ultra owner on here. They hold there value very well.

Flying Tiger
09-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd go in and grind John down on a new one, and let your squeeze have some say.

Man-de-lone
09-20-2005, 04:51 PM
It looks clean and that is priced fairly if its got low hours and is in good condition. You ain't stealing it, but the price is alright. If they sold cheap they wouldn't hold there value. Quality costs $$.
If quality isn't so important to you , one could just buy a Commander... :boxingguy :jawdrop: :D
Kidding, kidding.... just kidding..... :D :D

Redneck
09-20-2005, 07:50 PM
id look at matts boat its very nice if not that give Rhett a call at Danas and look at there 23 thats a sweet boat and all custom.

watergun4u
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
i read your post, and think you would make a great buy, for that boat at that price,, if you would like to know more you can email me at boatdawgo@aol.com,, i used to build boats for ultra for many years, might have the info you need to make up your mind! :wink:

HOOTER SLED-
09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
more info:
Redneck is right. For BRAND NEW Dana 23. Those things come loaded too. YOu can get pretty damn close for what they are asking for that USED Ultra. And yes Phatt Matt would be a good purchase too. Pretty clean too, and nice system. Especially if this will be your first boat.

Ultrafied
09-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Seems a fair price and the boat looks in good shape. Take it out and see if it is what you are really looking for. If it is, I doubt if you would be going wrong. I love my Ultra and everyone at Ultra will take care of you, that is a given.

dr. margarita
09-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Beautiful boat!! John West is top notch!

voodoomedman
09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Ultra's quality is great and as far as your question about customer service... Even those who are haters of their product will tell you that their customer service is top notch. In fact you need to check it out for yourself. Call or just PM Ultra28 who is John West the owner with that HIN and make sure it is a boat he built. He no longer builds that hull. Some others have that mold and there have been a few sold as Ultras that really aren't. If he didn't build it then run for obvious reasons. If that is one he built then it's a decent price for a nice looking boat. There I hope I answered the questions you had without trying to sell you on a new boat or a boat other than the one you had questions about.
Hey Mike (Ultrafied) were you in the channel on Saturday???? I think you were. Your boat looks sweet. You don't have the Ultra logo on the outside though huh? It made me take a while to figure it out and by that time I was too far past you and with the traffic and the low water level making me crap my pants and there were no spots next to you I didn't want to come back.

Ultrafied
09-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Yup that was me. Why didn't you come over, yell, scream, hit me up the side of my head!!!!! Anyway. nope. no logos. Thanks for the compliment.

voodoomedman
09-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Yup that was me. Why didn't you come over, yell, scream, hit me up the side of my head!!!!! Anyway. nope. no logos. Thanks for the compliment.
Sorry like I said I was too past by the time I realized it was you, the channel was crowded with Lavey's and I wanted to stay in the middle with the low water level. Anyway's enough excuses. You know what they say about excuses?!!! Sorry. Maybe if you would buy a place on the Arizona side then... :D
Oh yeah. Nice pic of your boat in the latest issue of ***boat. And yes they have a magazine.

sigepmock
09-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Ultra's Customer service is top notch. We looked at a lot of builders, Dana, Shockwave, Eliminator, etc....etc..... and felt for the money the Ultra was the best allaround deal. Since our purchase John West and everyone else at Ultra has gone above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for in a manufaturer. I've been around a lot of boats my whole life, especially West Coast custom builders, and I have to say Ultra is one of if not the best when it comes to taking care of it's customer before, during , and after the sale. Give them call and see for yourself, they'd be happy to help you look up some info on that particualr boat.
Good Luck,
Chris