PDA

View Full Version : Acura MDX

MudPumper
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Anybody have one and have any opinions on it?? Also, anybody know who deals in them??? The wife wants one.

Kilrtoy
09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Not very roomy, cant tow much
But then again its a grocery getter, built by Toyota, it will last forever

Dawn Patrol
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Anybody have one and have any opinions on it?? Also, anybody know who deals in them??? The wife wants one.
Wifey was looking at those also. The 7 passenger seating is nice. She hates big SUVs, so this might be an option for Her.
Giving up her Lexus might be the deciding factor.

Jyruiz
09-20-2005, 05:39 PM
built by Toyota, it will last forever
It is actually a Honda.

Jyruiz
09-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh, and it is very well rated, my brother is looking into getting one as well.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
09-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I have 2, an 02 for towing behind my motorhome and an 05 that my wife drives. I think the fact that I own two will tell you what I think. Best car for the$$$. Not towers though, unless its a sea-doo. Ride is 2nd to none and they are full of cool gizmos. I have the hook-up in SCV if you want one.

MudPumper
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
I have 2, an 02 for towing behind my motorhome and an 05 that my wife drives. I think the fact that I own two will tell you what I think. Best car for the$$$. Not towers though, unless its a sea-doo. Ride is 2nd to none and they are full of cool gizmos. I have the hook-up in SCV if you want one.
Hey Mike, I think we have a mutual friend, Super Dee. :cool:
It's just something for the wife to drive to work and for whatever else. I got the truck for the boat and I'm going to keep the Acura she has now for a daily driver for me to save on some gas.

TCHB
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
What can you say about a Honda!!!! Quality

FREIND OF AA AND TA
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey Mike, I think we have a mutual friend, Super Dee. :cool:
It's just something for the wife to drive to work and for whatever else. I got the truck for the boat and I'm going to keep the Acura she has now for a daily driver for me to save on some gas.
I love super d, who you be?

MudPumper
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I love super d, who you be?
I think we met once before. I'm a friend of Kevin. We were doing the Concrete Pumping together. Anyway, I've known Dee since elementary school.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
09-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I think we met once before. I'm a friend of Kevin. We were doing the Concrete Pumping together. Anyway, I've known Dee since elementary school.
Which freind????

Kilrtoy
09-20-2005, 06:15 PM
It is actually a Honda.
Thank you I was confused, It will still last forever

MudPumper
09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Which freind????
Oh, I left that part out. My name is Mike but they call me Wally.

CornWater
09-20-2005, 07:38 PM
BALLER!!! :D

RiverRatMike
09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
their cars yeah maybe, but dirtbikes.... NOT!

Redrider
09-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes, great SUV, and will last forever. By the way we pull our 2005 Howard Bullet to and from the house to the ramp with it in Havasu. It is rated for 4500/5000 towing, the boat and trailer = 5400. I work for the company (Honda), but really like the car, though it is a company car...

dmontzsta
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Overpriced and overrated. As mentioned, it cant tow shit, it is underpowered and the leather is weak. My old boss bought one new and the leather was phucked up within 2-3 years.

BADAXE
09-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Not very roomy, cant tow much
But then again its a grocery getter, built by Toyota, it will last forever
Here's another in a long line of examples why you shouldn't be posting as much as you do. :rolleyes:

nextel4u
09-21-2005, 07:33 AM
You can't go wrong with A Honda! We have them for our company cars and I will never buy anything else to drive for work. We just got the new RL and the New Odyssey and a New Pilot.and I am so impressed with how these vehicles drive. I have an Escalade for personal use and I like driving the Hondas more, Not Joking!
I think the MDX is a nicer version of the Pilot, Our Pilot Rocks!
Ohh yeah and the resale on the Hondas are excellent

PHX ATC
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
My buddy has had 2 MDX's. He loved them both. He didn't tow anything at all, but I do believe the tow rating is pretty low, 3000 to 3500 or something like that. If you're looking for a decent all around family do everything vehicle that does most everything well, this would fit the bill.
We've had a TL and an RL and liked both of them. Didn't love them, but liked them. We had no issues at all with either one of them and they ran great.

rivercrazy
09-21-2005, 08:20 AM
My wife has an 2002. It has 65K miles on it and its proven to be bulletproof. No issues with anything on the entire car. We've towed quite a bit with it as well. The MDX had no problems with my former 21 big block jet boat (about 4K lbs). And I used it often to launch and retrieve our 25 Shockwave (about 5,500 lbs), although I limit the distances I tow the 25'er to a mile or so each way to the launchramp or gas station.
Its has more than adequate power. And handles better than any SUV I've driven. And the leather quality is top notch. Showing no signs of wear at all. Highly recommend this vehicle.
The tow rating is 3,500lbs for high sided/high profile trailers, and 4,500lbs for boats and lower profile trailers.