PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have this Ultra boat?

Jyruiz
09-20-2005, 05:38 PM
I was wondering how it was in the chop? Compared to a Cobra 230 Razor, I don't know much about this type of hull.
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/305.jpg

GrapeApe
09-20-2005, 06:14 PM
We have one.... It's a Tunnel Hull and Handles Well in Small Chop.. I don't know anything about the Cobra, so Can't help you with a Comparison..
*** Grape Ape ***

Redneck
09-20-2005, 07:47 PM
no we dont we have the old 21ft ultra but you can buy us that one

Mrs. Restless22
09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Go check out the ultra website, and look atthe 2005 regatta pics.
There is a pic of this same boat in some pretty good water, and..errr its pretty high out of the water.
I dont know if its good or bad, but check it out :)

watergun4u
09-20-2005, 07:57 PM
i have been in both boats, and the years i have in the boat biz, that boat handles very well, and i think thaat it will out handle the cobra,ultra has came along way i the design of new and better handling boats, i useto build boats for ultra, and seen many changes along the way, i belive that you would be very happy with that boat!, its a very clean and dry ride in glas or chop! :)

SHADOW23
09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
I own that boat and have been verry happy with it. It handels much better than my old 22 v in the chop. I heard john has a 25 Shadow in the works.

sigepmock
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
We came very close to buying the 23 Ultra Deck but decided to wait for the 25 deck Ultra has in the works right now (John if you're out there I'm ready for those spy shots :D ). My honest opinion is that the 23 is great in the small to medium chop like the River or some of the smaller lakes, but for Havasu, Mojave, and the Mead type lakes on the big weekends it might be a little small. We do most of our boating on Havasu and it can get ugly in a hurry, so we dicided to wait for the 25' deck so we wouldn't have to worry about the big chop as much. My neighbor has the 23 Rasor and he loves it, it is very comparable to the Ultra 24 Stealth in terms of ride quality. In a straight comparison the 23 Ultra Deck rides smoother in my opinion but you have to realize they are different hull types with advantages and disadvantages for each type. They ride different, turn different, and produce different type wakes(may be an issue if you wakeboard or ski), just something to keep in mind.
Good Luck,
Chris

THOR
09-21-2005, 08:13 AM
I own that boat and have been verry happy with it. It handels much better than my old 22 v in the chop. I heard john has a 25 Shadow in the works.
A littler birdy said there is a 26' Stealth in the works and the 25 Shadow is a go.