PDA

View Full Version : Advantage 22' Sport Cat

HefeRaton
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyone have one of these? I'm test driving one this weekend and just looking to see if any fellow hot boaters have one or know someone who has one and what they think of it.

Run_em_Hard
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
You need to talk to Craig on here. Him and his budy both own one. I personally really like them. Which one you going to look at?

me4drvr
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Never riden in one, but I have a 28' Party Cat which shares the hull with the 28' sport cat, and love the boat, not to mention the guys at Advantage are top notch.... ya ya you too Kevin.... shadow viewer :yuk:

XTRM22
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
You need to talk to Craig on here. Him and his budy both own one. I personally really like them. Which one you going to look at?
Yup definitely talk to Craig, he ran his a year or two with 454 mag, then with some add-ons and a 250 blower, then and now somethging in the 900+ hp range. I've got video of it going by at 115mph. Craig and a bunch of other Holligans will all be here in Havasu this weekend.
Chuck

Brewzed
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Never riden in one, but I have a 28' Party Cat which shares the hull with the 28' sport cat, and love the boat, not to mention the guys at Advantage are top notch.... ya ya you too Kevin.... shadow viewer :yuk:
Ditto that! Can't go wrong with Advantage. Even Kevin's an alright guy!

DCBDaytona
05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
The Red/blue 22 Sport Cat for sale in Havasu should be a steal. It has twin 2.5 Mercs, but it has been for sale for some time now....Anybody have any additional info about it?

HefeRaton
05-10-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm looking at an 02 22' with a 502. My buddy has a 93' 21' advantage, but I really didn't care for the way it handled compared to my 89 19.5' eliminator. I just really like the way the sport cat looks and it looks like it would be a really solid ride. I'd miss the open bow I have now, but we just picked up a 3 seater ski so I doubt I'll have everyone in the boat all the time now. My boys and I like to wakeboard and it looks like that would still be fine behind the sport cat.

Craig
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Whatcha want to know :D Mines a 97, bought it new. Like Chuck said, "With the stock 454 it ran low 70's." Tossed on a 250 blower, exhaust and ignition went mid 90's. 502 with a 420 blower went 114.5. The boat does have a slight porpoise in smooth water between 75 and 85 but it drives right through it and takes a set. Here's a link to the 114 video if you're interested 114 run (http://www.justanothertoy.com/videos/114mpeg.mpg)
And the story I wrote about the build up(s) :) Gaining 42 mph (http://www.justanothertoy.com/114cat.htm)
If you need any other info let me know at mltdwn12@qwest.net As Chuck mentioned, we'll be in Havasu Thursday through Sunday morning if you're in town.

Run_em_Hard
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
The Red/blue 22 Sport Cat for sale in Havasu should be a steal. It has twin 2.5 Mercs, but it has been for sale for some time now....Anybody have any additional info about it?
I have all the info anyone would want on this one...I looked at buying it. But the guy is wanting too much. And he is pretty tight on the price.

HefeRaton
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
I have all the info anyone would want on this one...I looked at buying it. But the guy is wanting too much. And he is pretty tight on the price.
I haven't seen that one. Are there pic's somewhere and what is he asking for it?

Run_em_Hard
05-10-2006, 10:07 AM
He has told me the lowest he would take is 25k...my old lady said that if we were to buy it the interior would have to be redone before she would ride in it. Front-left sponson was a little faded. But had lots of goodies also. Rich-Lakeland Marine [richie@mercspeed.com]. There is some contact info. He said that they had it runnin 100mph at one time but does mid 80s now. He was askin 30k a while ago than it dropped to 25k and since summer hit it came back up to 30k :yuk: . Its been there over 1 year.

Craig
05-10-2006, 10:28 AM
I believe this is the boat Run em Hard is talking about
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/boatthumbs/obsportcat.jpg

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I believe this is the boat Run em Hard is talking about
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/boatthumbs/obsportcat.jpg
I see that thing all over Havasu with for sale signs on it

DCBDaytona
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I see that thing all over Havasu with for sale signs on it
I think it's been on a different corner every day :)

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I think it's been on a different corner every day :)
just like at the dealership...rotate the inventory :cool: