PDA

View Full Version : Softball Players...

NOTALENT
09-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Anyone playing in the La Mirada Tournament this weekend??? I remember a few of you played tourney ball....

Jyruiz
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
No, but I miss playing in a softball league, also miss playing in a basketball league and playing tennis. Thank God for boating, and thank God my kids like boating, otherwise, who knows what we would do.

JetBoatRich
09-21-2005, 03:27 AM
probably miss this weekend :eek:

Longtime Lurker
09-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Notalent,
who are you playing with? Should be a good weekend to play, a lot of local teams are busy playing in world tourneys this weekend. if you let me know who who play against, I may be able to give you a "scouting report". I'm from the area and play ball.
Robert

Jordy
09-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Just in case you missed the 4,000,000 other posts:
THE BWRC 300 ENDURO SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7 & 8 2005 IS NOW OFFICIALLY A RACE!
Code Blue Racing is seeking sponsors for the Parker 300. So anyone that wants to get involved in the event is more than welcome.
Right now CBR has almost nothing to make the event, but we are working very hard and long to get everything ready for the event. We are shooting for a completion date of the 4th of Oct. which will give us plenty of time to test and make changes to the boat.
Code Blue Racing is very excited about the Parker Bluewater 300 Enduro. This event is a big step for boat racing and we are very excited to be part of it.
Our crew as of now is slim, so any help is a big plus right now.
Support Team
1 - Crew Chief ----------Victor (VictorFB)
3 – Co-Drivers ---------- Jason (Bordsmnj) & Frank (Holy Moly)
1 – Backup/Support Driver ---------- ??Bill (Riverbound) ???
2 – Pit Crew Members ---------- Tyrone (460) & Michael (396)
1 – Pit Timer ---------- Jim (Boatnam2)
1 – Launch Person (Truck & Trailer) ---------- Linda (Mrs Bordsmnj)
2 – Boat/Launch Persons (on/off) ---------- ?????
4 – Gas Persons ---------- Billy (OneFastOne164) & ?????
1 – Lap Counter/Score Person ---------- Tina (MissBoatnam1)
2 – Refreshment/Food Persons ---------- Donna (Mrs ST) & Jenna (Bordsmnj's Sister)
If any of you feel you can help please step up !!!
As far as Sponsors right now we are still working on obtaining more,
These are our current Sponsors;
Simon's Auto Body & Frame, Inc.
AMG Financial Services
Boatnam Racing
American Turbine Jets
***boat Magazine will be out along with the APBAs Propeller Magazine reporters and photographers. I have also heard rumors that PowerBoat Magazine will be in attendance.
Anyone one else that wants to step up you are welcome to come on board and enjoy the race from the pit with our team and sponsors.
Thank you
Jim Rich

Moneypitt
09-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I played softball for about 5 Culver Industrial League champions. The Tattle Tale bar, The Launch Pad, and Hughes tool co. in the 60s. And this old ugly 6'4" Mofo played killer shortstop.................Hit like "over your head", so this ol' man didn't have to run...........Vet's park in good old Culver City, When beefs were settled with a good ol' fashoned fight, instead of a C/S drive by...............MP

Newcastle
09-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I've got a tourney in Palm Springs this weekend. It's kinda like the Field of Dreams in Chino or Riverside...nice setup, just gonna be hot as hell like always

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Notalent,
who are you playing with? Should be a good weekend to play, a lot of local teams are busy playing in world tourneys this weekend. if you let me know who who play against, I may be able to give you a "scouting report". I'm from the area and play ball.
Robert
Were suppost to get the email today. I have no clue yet other than it's in La Mirada Park on Saturday. I will let you know once I get the email. Thanks. My cousin is flying out to Dallas Next weekend for a world or national Tournament..I believe they took 2nd nationwide last year...

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 05:35 AM
I've got a tourney in Palm Springs this weekend. It's kinda like the Field of Dreams in Chino or Riverside...nice setup, just gonna be hot as hell like always
I played out there last year..and yup..hot as hell..bring lots of beer and gatorade :D Is it coed or all men's???

Longtime Lurker
09-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Were suppost to get the email today. I have no clue yet other than it's in La Mirada Park on Saturday. I will let you know once I get the email. Thanks. My cousin is flying out to Dallas Next weekend for a world or national Tournament..I believe they took 2nd nationwide last year...
If you've never played at regional park, there are two big open fields and 2 close fields with short fences. On the closed fields they have to use soft balls, like the sb12, to limit their flight. Fields are in pretty good shape, definately no field of dreams though.
I was talking to some buddies after our game last night, about the softball road trips. Lots of fun, and great stories. Good luck to your cousin next weekend. who does he play for?
Robert

Newcastle
09-23-2005, 06:29 AM
I played out there last year..and yup..hot as hell..bring lots of beer and gatorade :D Is it coed or all men's???
Technically, all men's, although when I'm hungover on Sunday I usually hit like a B!tch...
I think it's an all law enforcement tourney, maybe firefighters too...

Newcastle
09-23-2005, 06:31 AM
I haven't been up on new sticks lately but was thinking about spending a couple hundy on one for this tourney. Any recommendations on what bats are out there? I don't know off-hand what the requirements are for the tourney but I'll try and find out. Thanks, nate

Longtime Lurker
09-23-2005, 07:57 AM
I haven't been up on new sticks lately but was thinking about spending a couple hundy on one for this tourney. Any recommendations on what bats are out there? I don't know off-hand what the requirements are for the tourney but I'll try and find out. Thanks, nate
I'm not as up to date as I use to be, but the Easton Synergy is a really good bat. They have a couple of different models (longer barell, end loaded, etc.), depends on what you like. I also like the mizuno techfires. I swing an original techfire and love that bat, once it gets broken in. Double check what is legal in the law enforcment/firefighter tourneys, sometimes they have different rules. With the Synergy, I believe there is one that is only approved for USSSA and not ASA or NSA. Hope this helps.
Robert

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 08:01 AM
If you've never played at regional park, there are two big open fields and 2 close fields with short fences. On the closed fields they have to use soft balls, like the sb12, to limit their flight. Fields are in pretty good shape, definately no field of dreams though.
I was talking to some buddies after our game last night, about the softball road trips. Lots of fun, and great stories. Good luck to your cousin next weekend. who does he play for?
Robert
That's what I heard..I hope we get the fenced field...I hate open fields. I emailed my cousin to get his team name..I will let you know shortly. Field of Dreams is definatley a nice field. I cant wait till I start doing the big tourney with my cousin. Lot's of stories indeed... :rollside:

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 08:04 AM
In our league there pretty stricked. I just picked up the new DIMARINI WHITE STEEL. Man it is one awesome bat...swings better then the vexxum I had. and is legal in most league plays. I hear the bat to get right now is the Miken Freak Plus. The bat of the year the last few years. You can do some mods to it also to make it better... ;) :D

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 08:10 AM
His team name is MATCO

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I played softball for about 5 Culver Industrial League champions. The Tattle Tale bar, The Launch Pad, and Hughes tool co. in the 60s. And this old ugly 6'4" Mofo played killer shortstop.................Hit like "over your head", so this ol' man didn't have to run...........Vet's park in good old Culver City, When beefs were settled with a good ol' fashoned fight, instead of a C/S drive by...............MP
you played three blocks from my house.. :p

NOTALENT
09-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Damn softball tournament got cancelled because only 5 team's followed through...the others dropped out!!! :yuk: FOCKIN SUCKS!!!

JetBoatRich
09-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Damn softball tournament got cancelled because only 5 team's followed through...the others dropped out!!! :yuk: FOCKIN SUCKS!!!
I hate when that happens :hammerhea
Our next weeks in the league have no games because of a tourny

NOTALENT
09-24-2005, 08:09 AM
I hate when that happens :hammerhea
Our next weeks in the league have no games because of a tourny
that sucks...the rain on tuesday screwed me over on a double header...and wednesday on another game!!! Now this...I want to use the new bat again!!! :burningm: :D

Rev. Williams
09-24-2005, 08:24 AM
As long as this thread is up I'm gonna use it: I have a team that plays Wednesday nights at 7:30 or 9:00 in Encino and we're low on players. We're 1-1 and 1 forfiet (not enough players). We need to pick up 2-3 key players that can consistantly be there to play. It's a C+ league so we're just okay :D
PM me if you're interested.

NOTALENT
09-24-2005, 08:45 AM
As long as this thread is up I'm gonna use it: I have a team that plays Wednesday nights at 7:30 or 9:00 in Encino and we're low on players. We're 1-1 and 1 forfiet (not enough players). We need to pick up 2-3 key players that can consistantly be there to play. It's a C+ league so we're just okay :D
Feel Free too...I dont care about thread jackers... :D
Where is encino???

JetBoatRich
09-24-2005, 09:11 AM
which park you at Jerry?