PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a dog?

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 06:02 AM
So. . . last night Scream comes home from a long business trip....I make him a nice dinner.......he falls asleep in the recliner. (no problems so far)
Our whole family goes to bed, around 10pm.....at 10:15pm our puppy decides she needs to go outside, but it is raining and she doesn't like the rain and she is lonely and wants the older dog to go with her. The older dog is passed out on our bed. I shove her outside and close the door.
She begins to bark. ( I tell her "bad dog") and let her back in.
11pm she needs a drink.....this must be the case because when I get up with her, she won't go outside and drinks water instead.
11:30pm she really wants to go outsided again.....I get up, open the door...the cat runs out, the puppy runs out. I begin to cry. I catch the cat after the puppy has chased her around the yard.
1am The puppy gently reminds me she needs to go out by walking on my chest....have you ever woken up this way? Paws pressing on your chest so you can't breath...not a happy way to awaken. I throw her and the older dogo outside. Go to the kitchen and drink LOTS of milk. ( I'm not sure why)
2:30am The puppy wants to get up on the bed, where she BREATHES REALLY LOUDLY, so much so the entire bed shakes...(this is fun :mad: )
4am The puppy jumps on my chest, I get up let her out, drink more milk...we all go back to bed.
6am our alarm goes off.....

ahhell
09-21-2005, 06:05 AM
dogs have fur coats...they love it outside...the big ones anyway :coffeycup :coffeycup

Flashover
09-21-2005, 06:16 AM
So. . . last night Scream comes home from a long business trip....I make him a nice dinner.......he falls asleep in the recliner. (no problems so far)
Our whole family goes to bed, around 10pm.....at 10:15pm our puppy decides she needs to go outside, but it is raining and she doesn't like the rain and she is lonely and wants the older dog to go with her. The older dog is passed out on our bed. I shove her outside and close the door.
She begins to bark. ( I tell her "bad dog") and let her back in.
11pm she needs a drink.....this must be the case because when I get up with her, she won't go outside and drinks water instead.
11:30pm she really wants to go outsided again.....I get up, open the door...the cat runs out, the puppy runs out. I begin to cry. I catch the cat after the puppy has chased her around the yard.
1am The puppy gently reminds me she needs to go out by walking on my chest....have you ever woken up this way? Paws pressing on your chest so you can't breath...not a happy way to awaken. I throw her and the older dogo outside. Go to the kitchen and drink LOTS of milk. ( I'm not sure why)
2:30am The puppy wants to get up on the bed, where she BREATHES REALLY LOUDLY, so much so the entire bed shakes...(this is fun :mad: )
4am The puppy jumps on my chest, I get up let her out, drink more milk...we all go back to bed.
6am our alarm goes off.....
Put the puppy in a kennel in another room with a blanket over it when it is bed time and then slip a clock that ticks real loud in between the blanket and the kennel and within a day or two and sometimes the first night, the puppy should sleep thru the night. you have to get them aquainted with the kennel first. but that's not hard either.. :D

H20Advantage
09-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Put the puppy in a kennel in another room with a blanket over it when it is bed time and then slip a clock that ticks real loud in between the blanket and the kennel and within a day or two and sometimes the first night, the puppy should sleep thru the night. you have to get them aquainted with the kennel first. but that's not hard either.. :D
I concur, Get a kennel or crate and teach them to stay in it every night. They resist at first and soon they will let you know it's time for bed and will go straight to their kennels. Also prior to going into the kennel let them outside to relieve themselves and then immediately after letting them out.
Four dogs and all have their own kennels at night.
Kennel + Dog = Peaceful Sleep :p

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 06:22 AM
She has not done this for months............I don't get it :yuk:

Flashover
09-21-2005, 06:22 AM
yup!!!

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 06:23 AM
But why last night did she regress in her behavior?
She has been sleeping through the night for a couple months now? :jawdrop:

gramps
09-21-2005, 06:26 AM
She has not done this for months............I don't get it :yuk:
Deb, have you done the same thing every night for the last few months? Every once in a whaile they do act a bit different............
The crate thing works GOOD. Our 5 month old pup thinks his crate is "his room".

riverbound
09-21-2005, 06:26 AM
Maybe the thunder and lightning had her all messed up??

Itsahobby
09-21-2005, 06:27 AM
It's a Lab, right? If so, she will grow out of it, but it will take awhile :notam:
Wait till she starts chewing on everything, including the lamp cords :rolleyes:
Then at about 8 months you will be telling everyone what a great dog she is :rollside:
If you don't want to wait, box her up and send her to me.J/K
Hobby

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 06:30 AM
The only thing different in our routine last night, was Scream was home (after being gone for a week) and the rain, thunder and lightening.
I'm so F'ing grumpy :p right now, I got to go to work and test kids and be all nice and shit :yuk:
I think I will walk on her chest and see how she likes it.......JUST WAIT until she is napping peacefully later today :devil:
I will get the crate out, just in case she pulls this shit agian tonight....

Her454
09-21-2005, 06:51 AM
The only thing different in our routine last night, was Scream was home (after being gone for a week) and the rain, thunder and lightening.
I'm so F'ing grumpy :p right now, I got to go to work and test kids and be all nice and shit :yuk:
I think I will walk on her chest and see how she likes it.......JUST WAIT until she is napping peacefully later today :devil:
Thunder and lightening agitate and scare dogs tremendously. This could be the reason for the strange behavior. I agree with the crate suggestion, but Im sure it wont be the last sleepless night or frustration you have with her LOL. Sometimes when you get used to "older, behaved" dogs its difficult to introduce a puppy in to house. Good luck! :D

JB in so cal
09-21-2005, 06:54 AM
My Pointer was scaling the walls last night. Baaaaad night with the thunder... :messedup:

Her454
09-21-2005, 06:55 AM
My Pointer was scaling the walls last night. Baaaaad night with the thunder... :messedup:
LMAO, Damn city dogs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
09-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Damn Deb! Maybe you need to sleep in the crate! :D

JB in so cal
09-21-2005, 07:00 AM
LMAO, Damn city dogs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You have no idea! When I got her as a puppy, I should've taken her out and fired some rounds around her. Nope. That would've made sense for a gun dog to actually hear some gun fire!!!
But I do have a hyper-active almost 11 year old lap dog that chases frisbees all day. LOL

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2005, 07:03 AM
OMG I am lmao sorry Deb. I get up every darn night with my stupid cats. Sean thinks I am nuts.
We used a puppy play pen in the kitchen until the little shiat learned to jump out of it.
The weather I am sure had a lot to do with it.
I am sure it will get better Deb.
Have a great day. :rolleyes: :)

JetBoatRich
09-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Have to love the Puppy Labs :jawdrop:

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Have to love the Puppy Labs :jawdrop:
NOT this morning :crossx:
wait............she's sleeping...........I'm going to walk on her now, or maybe just bark in her ear.
She is such a drama queen, usually, if you say "bad dog" she flops down like her life is over!!
LMAO!!! she jumped up and started to bark...................lol :wink:
ah, I feel better...... :p

Tremor Girl
09-21-2005, 07:21 AM
I have a 13 week old yellow female lab. CRATE TRAINING. How's your pup with biting? My calves and ankles are covered with scratches and bruises. :hammer2:
Although I've tried to give her away multiple times, she really is one of the most intelligent dogs we've ever owned. She knows all the basic commands and brings in the paper everyday :cool:
Can't wait for the biting to stop. GOOD LUCK :D

Mrs. Restless22
09-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Awwww Im sorry Deb.
I have the best (to me :wink: ) lab in the world. But those first 2 years were hell!!
It will get easier, and then you'll have an amazing family dog that will love you with all her heart.
Hang in there :wink:

Her454
09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
I should've taken her out and fired some rounds around her. Nope. That would've made sense for a gun dog to actually hear some gun fire!!!
LOL, guns dont even phase my dogs. The only thing they are scared of now are Badgers. Those are mean little bastards.

Mrs. Restless22
09-21-2005, 07:38 AM
OH!
Wait until she starts chewing! My lab chewed through anything and everything he could find in the house.
Brand new pair of $100 shoes....GONE! 3 pairs!
The wall? Yup....chewed right through it! :D
3 day old digital camera? GONE! :D
I can laugh at it now because he really is such a good dog now. But damn, those days were rough!

Her454
09-21-2005, 07:44 AM
OH!
Wait until she starts chewing! My lab chewed through anything and everything he could find in the house.
Brand new pair of $100 shoes....GONE! 3 pairs!
The wall? Yup....chewed right through it! :D
3 day old digital camera? GONE! :D
I can laugh at it now because he really is such a good dog now. But damn, those days were rough!
I can relate, my lab chewed through my phone lines, cable lines, the fenders off the quad, the siding on the house....ANYTHING she could find. Drove me crazy. And she had TONS of chew toyz.
Congrats on the new baby BTW, great pic.

Flashover
09-21-2005, 07:46 AM
When my dogs are in there kennel's the noises don't bother them when they are sleeping. But if they are sleeping and not in there kennel's, everything wakes them up and they start barking... :mad:

Mrs. Restless22
09-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the new baby BTW, great pic.
Thanks hun!
That was his 1st boat ride....6 weeks old! Hes a trooper :p

Her454
09-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks hun!
Good girl, starting him young. :rollside:

Rexone
09-21-2005, 08:10 AM
LOL, guns dont even phase my dogs. The only thing they are scared of now are Badgers. Those are mean little bastards.
Your dogs must steer clear of Bench Racers would be my guess.
Deb I'll place money on it was the T&L. Dogs freak that aren't used to it.

lucky
09-21-2005, 08:15 AM
NOT this morning :crossx:
wait............she's sleeping...........I'm going to walk on her now, or maybe just bark in her ear.
She is such a drama queen, usually, if you say "bad dog" she flops down like her life is over!!
LMAO!!! she jumped up and started to bark...................lol :wink:
ah, I feel better...... :p
just call the poop lady - have her follow the puppy all day - :)

JackieV
09-21-2005, 08:17 AM
I'll 2nd that! Thank God Alex told me exactly what Bear needed and how he was already!
He sleeps in his kennel all the time and like a BIG boy too! LOL Legs open and tally-walker just all there for the world to see! LOL
He also has his wall clock on top of his kennel to sleep with at night and it works great!
Art takes him to pee & poo in the mornings now, caus ehe wouldn't do it with me.... :idea:
Turns out that when Art took him out the first time that Bear wouldn't go either. So Art stood there for a second and then of course flopped out his dong and started pissen away and while he was doing his he felt some sprinkles on the back of his leg and sure enough...it was Bear pissen too along side Art! LOL
Boy would that have been a great pic to post! LOL :D

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
now i remember why i still dont want another dog,,that was close

JackieV
09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks hun!
Yeah starting them young is great! My little one is a fishy, or so she thinks she is! lol Swimming lessons too! This way they know the bounderies & risks of the water. I did it this past summer and now she knows...but you still have to keep an eye out, that's for sure! :D
Sorry for HJ the thread.... :squiggle:
Okay now back to getting rid of that o'l puppy! :coffeycup

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 09:51 AM
hows the puppy?,,,,thinking of using the same breeder as bear

JB in so cal
09-21-2005, 09:55 AM
thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now i remember why i still dont want another dog,,that was close
Is your short term memeory THAT bad? This was like 4 minutes ago!!

JackieV
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Oh he's great! Alex started him off right and we are just continuing the same things for his daily routine.
Beautiful, loving and SMART! Boy does he listen and know when he's he can play rough or not. I don't know if it's just my little girl or what, but he has really calmed down when playing with her.
Very good puppy!

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
family hasnt given up yet on wanting one,,,losing battle for me i think

Debbolas
09-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm better now, tired, but better (means I won't wake her up when she is sleeping by barking in her ear) :D
She is a really smart dog, at 2months she learned how to :
sit
shake
lay down and
roll over
Currently she pee's on command. Usually you take her outside and say "Blondie go Potty" and she does. (If Scream yells at her she pee's where ever she is)
and she is a drama queen, if you say "Bad Dog" she flops down like you've ruined her life (she takes after our teenage daughter, I'm thinking)
We stopped her from biting by saying "no". She is pretty good about not doing things if we say "no".
It wasn't like she was crawling under the covers with us shaking, it was like she was hyper and wanted to play.
Man............I'm tired :sleeping:
She loves the boat and water and camping.
I had a really good day at work, this cute little boy I was testing wants to be a doctor when he grows up. (He's in the first grade) :D