PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else in SD kept up all night?

Tremor Therapy
09-21-2005, 08:22 AM
So I was awoken at 11:30 pm by what seemed to be an atomic explosion, only to have some serious lightning, thunder, and big time rain keep the entire family awake on and off until about 3:00 am! I haven't seen or heard this kind of action unless I was in the desert!
Damn........I hate it when the wife, both kids, both cats, and both dogs try to fit on the bed at one time! :notam: :squiggle: :coffeycup

PHX ATC
09-21-2005, 08:23 AM
What, first storm? :)

BarryMac
09-21-2005, 08:24 AM
So I was awoken at 11:30 pm by what seemed to be an atomic explosion, only to have some serious lightning, thunder, and big time rain keep the entire family awake on and off until about 3:00 am! I haven't seen or heard this kind of action unless I was in the desert!
Damn........I hate it when the wife, both kids, both cats, and both dogs try to fit on the bed at one time! :notam: :squiggle: :coffeycup
hear you and we heard and felt that Thunder and Lightning, had a Lightning bolt hit real close to my house at about 6:30am the power is still out. It was one of the best Thunder And Lightning displays in a long time in Dido...

Mrs. casean
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Not in SD but in Temecula I sure was!

ParkerRat
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm with you on that, It sounded like a war zone in Oceanside most of the night. My Pit bull slept under the Recliner all night (Such a chicken)

Ziggy
09-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah...two nights in a row for me to be awakened at that hour :mad:
Last night was awesome...love storms like that rolling thru. Had one that seemed to linger a while and had several strikes near by, one was up the road just a bit...instant flash/boom and all the car alarms were beeping, honking, tweeting, bleeping, weeee-ooooo, weee-ooooo....
And the dogs got to sleep where they don't normally. :D

C-2
09-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Same here in Riverside. At about 3:00 it started dumping. Figures, just threw away the boat tarps two days ago. Rain...it doesn't rain in September, I'll buy some new tarps this winter.... :hammer2: :hammer2:

ROZ
09-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Whimps!!!
At about 2:30am I woke my daughter to watch the pretty light with me for about 15 minutes... When she asked about the thunder, I told her it was the angels bowling :D We oo'd and ahh'd... She thought it was cool.. She went right to sleep in her own bed....
My wife, on the other hand, was freaking when we had one bust loose right above the house.. It shook the house so violently, she though th ebedroom window was going to break......

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
nap time,power just came back on

Ziggy
09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Whimps!!!
At about 2:30am I woke my daughter to watch the pretty light with me for about 15 minutes... When she asked about the thunder, I told her it was the angels bowling :D We oo'd and ahh'd... She thought it was cool.. She went right to sleep in her own bed....
My wife, on the other hand, was freaking when we had one bust loose right above the house.. It shook the house so violently, she though th ebedroom window was going to break......
I don't believe you for a second...you were curled up under the bed like the dogs...its ok to admit it ROZ, it really is ;)

ROZ
09-21-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't believe you for a second...you were curled up under the bed like the dogs...its ok to admit it ROZ, it really is ;)
Alright you caught me.. Any excuse I can get to hold onto an spoon the wife :D

Man-de-lone
09-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Sheeet, my wife was out to Martini and Manicure night down in La jolla...she came in all boozed up around 11:00. We fuqqed like teenagers on the couch till midnight. :D
It was just like our honeymoon in Cancun...16 years ago. :rolleyes: Thunder and lightning, pouring rain....it went off at our house for hours. The storm, I mean.... :rolleyes:

Tremor Therapy
09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Damn! Sounds like you and Roz put the storm to good use! I just couldn't see shagging the wife with the entire household of kids and pets in the bedroom....it just didn't seem quite appropriate! :D :D :D