PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Does anyone here in Havasu know how to work on electrical problems??

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I am married to an electrician but we are not in Havi. :confused: Whats the problem?

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
The light switch sparked when it was turned on, i need it replaced.

Mandelon
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Quick take off your clothes, I will be right there!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Hmmm....I will ask him and have him reply. :p

Mandelon
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
What is the switch connected to? Just a light? Any changes on the circuit or a new appliance plugged into a half hot outlet? Did the circuit breaker trip?
Oh, if you only had a man around the house..... :p

WYRD
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
ehhemmm cough cough cough :crossx:

WYRD
05-09-2006, 03:14 PM
is it in the bedroom................I will have my whole crew up there in a jiffy :idea: :p

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
What is the switch connected to? Just a light? Any changes on the circuit or a new appliance plugged into a half hot outlet? Did the circuit breaker trip?
Oh, if you only had a man around the house..... :p
Its just the light and the fan. The circuit breaker did not trip. Im waiting on an electrical shop to call me back

chub
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Does that light/fan only turn on from that switch? If so theres only two wires connected to it. Have Miguel do it. The wsitch will run you about a buck at home cheapo. If he's not around hit up a neighbor. Any half respectable neighbor is just dying to come over and check you for shorts. :)
Sorry been an Electrician for over twenty years and I can't believe I'm the first one to come up with that one. :rolleyes:

WYRD
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Does that light/fan only turn on from that switch? If so theres only two wires connected to it. Have Miguel do it. The wsitch will run you about a buck at home cheapo. If he's not around hit up a neighbor. Any half respectable neighbor is just dying to come over and check you for shorts. :)
Sorry been an Electrician for over twenty years and I can't believe I'm the first one to come up with that one. :rolleyes:
well I was gonna tell her I would do it till it Hertz :220v:

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, the light only turns on from that switch. Thanks, i think i will ask the neighbor

chub
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I'd help but I'm in Huntington Beach. It's really a peice of cake. Two beer job! :boxed:

WYRD
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
PM me directions and I will have someone stop by

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
It's shocking that you need to get help with your shorts :D
It's simple enough to replace a switch. Get a new replacement at your local big box store (or small store like OSH, etc.), turn off the breaker to the switch and then use a screwdriver to remove the switch plate (two screws), unscrew the switch (two more screws), pull it out of the box - look at it and then start removing the wires one at a time and hook them up in the same place on the new switch.
Viola! You're done! :rollside:
I hope this helped. You've always been nice to us sharing your pics - this is a small way of repaying you. :cool:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~enigman/images/shock.gif

WYRD
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Gotcha covered like a blanket girlie................I expect a free squeeze Oh nevermind I already got one of those :crossx: See ya this weekend sweetie :p

havasurat27
05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
It is most likely not the switch itself but the connection to it. Electricty constantly moves or vibrates and if the connections are not real tight they will work loose and once this happpens, every time you turn the switch on the wire can spark and sizzle. This is how fires start in the walls. Could be as simple as pulling the switch out of the wall and tighten the screws that secures the wires to the switch. Hope it helps!

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Gotcha covered like a blanket girlie................I expect a free squeeze Oh nevermind I already got one of those :crossx: See ya this weekend sweetie :p
Thank you soo much for your help Shane, light switch is fixed. Thank you everyone for your help, i wasnt going to do it myself im too much of a scardy cat :cry: :cry:

Eliminator 4 Life
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Im an electrician do you need me to check your shorts :p :rollside: :cool:

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Im an electrician do you need me to check your shorts :p :rollside: :cool:
The work has already been done, thanks sweetheart. I do need the dog poop picked up. :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
05-09-2006, 07:08 PM
The work has already been done, thanks sweetheart. I do need the dog poop picked up. :rollside:
oh yea is there an allowance for that :)

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 07:24 PM
oh yea is there an allowance for that :)
Of course, you can take me out for dinner

slink
05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I thought everything you own was "Battery" operated :) :)

Mrs.Killer
05-09-2006, 07:36 PM
I thought everything you own was "Battery" operated :) :)
Almost everything :crossx:

riverroyal
05-09-2006, 07:44 PM
for help removing my hand from a hot 480 line on here and I wouldnt get one responce. :220v:

IN2-IN2MX
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Glad it got fixed for ya. :)