PDA

View Full Version : Raylar

dr. margarita
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
What's going on with this upgrade? I know Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine has installed several of these packages by now. I would love to hear from those who have installed it recently.

INSman
09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I went a little past the "upgrade" model and had Raylar build me (2) 600's from scratch, in return for my blocks as a core swap and some cash of course. Mine are the 106 kits with all forged internals, balanced/blueprinted and dynoed. I had to add oil coolers, HP fuel pumps and aftermarket exhaust to get the full 600+HP.
Aaron has my stock 496 Mags pulled apart and has various parts out to get painted to match the purple color of my new blocks and such. Looks like we will have everything pretty much back together and put back in the boat for testing early part of next week. Having already seen the dyno sheets, needless to say, I am very excited about getting on the water with the new Purple Monsta's...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters004.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters001.jpg

Focker
09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I went a little past the "upgrade" model and had Raylar build me (2) 600's from scratch, in return for my blocks as a core swap and some cash of course. Mine are the 106 kits with all forged internals, balanced/blueprinted and dynoed. I had to add oil coolers, HP fuel pumps and aftermarket exhaust to get the full 600+HP.
Aaron has my stock 496 Mags pulled apart and has various parts out to get painted to match the purple color of my new blocks and such. Looks like we will have everything pretty much back together and put back in the boat for testing early part of next week. Having already seen the dyno sheets, needless to say, I am very excited about getting on the water with the new Purple Monsta's...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters004.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters001.jpg
THEY LOOK SWEET

Focker
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Im Happy With My Package
Wish I Had Blanes Silver Spoon

INSman
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Im Happy With My Package
Wish I Had Blanes Silver Spoon
Wait till you see them with the billet pullies, billet air cleaners, 600HP manifold plates !!! :wink:
Silver spoon, bite your tongue mister.. You obviously have me confused with another fellow HB member :supp: :D

TPI
09-22-2005, 05:12 AM
Is everything purple powdercoating or painted?

INSman
09-22-2005, 06:27 AM
It is the "everything" part or the powdercoat/paint part of the question you want answered ??
Much of it is powdercoated, most of the parts on the stock engine that are normally black anyway.

INSman
09-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Gary, not attempting to infringe on your potential customer.. :cool:

dr. margarita
09-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Those look nice dude! You should call Ray and ask him about the bad ass billet covers Boatbling created for the top of the plenum.
Raylar actually built the motors?
Can't wait to see how they perform!
Anyone out there running the kit now besides Shadow?????
Maybe Shadow can comment on the kit performance.... I think he had it installed the longest.

Focker
09-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Those look nice dude! You should call Ray and ask him about the bad ass billet covers Boatbling created for the top of the plenum.
Maybe Shadow can comment on the kit performance.... I think he had it installed the longest.
IM RUNNING IT
WENT FROM 57 TO 73 MPH (GPS READINGS)
HAD A 496 MAG
AARRON TELLS ME IN THE WINTER THE BOAT WILL RUN FASTER

INSman
09-22-2005, 09:01 AM
NO bling covers for these bad boys, they will look better than the Merc blue motors when they are done !!! Stay tuned ;)

dr. margarita
09-22-2005, 09:40 AM
NO bling covers for these bad boys
Very cool! Hopefully it'll look better than these!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0583.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0582.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0581.JPG

INSman
09-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Very cool! Hopefully it'll look better than these!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0583.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0582.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10155IMG_0581.JPG
My bad, that is probably exactly what it looks like, except 600HP in lieu of 525HP. I just haven't seen the prototype yet, you guys are quick !!

dr. margarita
09-22-2005, 03:25 PM
We actually had a blast working with Ray on these. We were just the idea guys. I actually do not know the extent of their application, but I'm sure it's gonna be nice. Your engines look great and can't wait to hear how they perform in your boat. Please keep us posted.

Essex502
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Don't forget the new CMI's for the 496's too!

TPI
09-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Gary, not attempting to infringe on your potential customer.. :cool:
What I meant by "everything" was, everything purple. It looks very nice. Also, I do not have any potential customers on this thread.
You could almost say you now have a 1200 HP boat! Its going to make a significant difference, I am sure. Enjoy it.

INSman
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Don't forget the new CMI's for the 496's too!
I would have liked to have gone with the CMI's, but they were not on the market when I made my decision and I got the polished Revolution Marine.
I did however put a call into CMI about a last minute swap potential, but they apparently move pretty slow on the partial sponsor or promotional pricing on their product. We will see, but I will be happy either way.

INSman
09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
What I meant by "everything" was, everything purple. It looks very nice. Also, I do not have any potential customers on this thread.
You could almost say you now have a 1200 HP boat! Its going to make a significant difference, I am sure. Enjoy it.
Things are finally starting to come along, and having seen the dyno sheets, I am at 1,200 +, just not to the prop :frown:

shadow
09-23-2005, 11:03 AM
No comment at this time!

BrendellaJet
09-23-2005, 12:07 PM
No comment at this time!
oh c'mon!

dr. margarita
09-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I do not have any potential customers on this thread.
OUCH.....I where your hat every day! :confused:

Chris Winn
09-23-2005, 03:12 PM
i iknow that for $84k, that you can find out!
mine is for sale with the raylar kit

TPI
09-23-2005, 04:21 PM
OUCH.....I where your hat every day! :confused:
You won it in a raffle................................

THOR
09-24-2005, 08:06 AM
No comment at this time!
I am not sure how to take this. :idea:

dr. margarita
09-24-2005, 08:19 AM
You won it in a raffle................................
Good come back!!!! You make the best motors on the planet. One day I'll have one!!!! Sidetracking this thread, what's the latest on your 600EFI? Gene told me the owner of that motor has absolutely zero problems and loves it. Is it possible to build that motor for future supercharger inclusion without having to reconstruct the motor internals? Tom

TPI
09-24-2005, 01:35 PM
That 600 has 50 some odd hours on it now. The motor is built as a 9:1 motor and the bottom end would be good for about 750 HP in a light boat(I am figuring). Otherwise, for not much more(maybe $1500) I could build it as a 600 with a beefier bottom end that could take 800+ HP at the time of the upgrade? Its totally doable, and I have gone over this with other customers. Its really a pretty good idea. I do apologize for helping to re-direct this thread, but it is Dr Margs fault. Besides, he loves those 496's!

SHOTKALLIN
09-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Wha ts up with shadow???

dr. margarita
09-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Wha ts up with shadow???
Yikes!!!!! :sqeyes:

dr. margarita
09-27-2005, 08:44 AM
I do apologize for helping to re-direct this thread, but it is Dr Margs fault. Besides, he loves those 496's!
I take full responsibility!! I have no real affection for the 496HO. It simply was all I could afford at the time.

supercrewjohn5x
09-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Just a quick question on warranties. I know that the Merc one would be void, but is the builder or Raylar( which it sound like are one and the same in the case) offering a warranty on the engine or their work on building it?

Focker
09-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Just a quick question on warranties. I know that the Merc one would be void, but is the builder or Raylar( which it sound like are one and the same in the case) offering a warranty on the engine or their work on building it?
:hammerhea

SHOTKALLIN
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Shadow what happened to your engine and is it covered under the Raylar warranty?

shadow
09-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Shadow what happened to your engine and is it covered under the Raylar warranty?
Stay tuned. ;)

clearfork
09-28-2005, 07:45 AM
What happened why the big secret?

rivercrazy
09-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Being a happy 496HO owner, I've been watching the Raylar results for quite a while now. Come rebuild time, this is a kit I'd like to seriously consider. But I've been hearing about a few problems with some users of the parts. Silence from a reportedly happy Raylar client isn't giving me a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Partycattin
09-29-2005, 09:27 AM
What's going on with this upgrade? I know Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine has installed several of these packages by now. I would love to hear from those who have installed it recently.
My buddy had a 496 Mag in his Advantage 25' Citation with a 24 Bravo prop.
He added the Raylar kit and went with a larger, labbed prop and picked up about 12 mph. Boat went from about 60 mph to 72-73 range. He recently had a fuel injector seal leak but otherwise the setup has been working great.
The boat also is much more responsive.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
He added the Raylar kit and went with a larger, labbed prop and picked up about 12 mph. Boat went from about 60 mph to 72-73 range. He recently had a fuel injector seal leak but otherwise the setup has been working great.
Hopefully he added external steering as well.

Focker
09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
WHAT SIZE PROP

Partycattin
09-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Hopefully he added external steering as well.
He didn't. He was thinking about it but usually cruises around 55-60 range and felt that the boat was still easy to control. He doesn't hit the top speed much.
Probably should get ur done though.

Partycattin
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
WHAT SIZE PROP
I think it was a 28 with some work done to it and it ended up smaller.
I'll check with him and get back at ya.
Focker, Do you know Young at Vision Wireless?

dr. margarita
10-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Now we're gettin somewhere. This is all good to hear!

Focker
10-01-2005, 08:35 AM
NO BUT MY FRIEND MET HIM AT THE CELL PHONE SHOP AND YOUNG PULLED ME UP ON THE COMPUTER FOR MY FRIEND.

Focker
10-01-2005, 08:36 AM
PS I HAVE A 26

Focker
10-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Now we're gettin somewhere. This is all good to hear!
OK HERE IS THE SCOPE ON MINE.
POSITIVES
I LOVE IT
RUNS AWESOME AT 3000 RPMS AND THROWS YOU BACK IN THE SEAT WHEN U ACCELERATE AT THAT POINT.
WENT FROM GPS 57 TO 73
GOT TO KNOW AARRON AND HIS CREW AND NOW HAVE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK DONE ON MY BOAT
NEGATIVES
HAD TO PURCHASE A NEW PROP
HAD TO INSTALL DUAL HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEM
NEED A NEW SWIM STEP AS THE OLD SWIM STEP SITS SO LOW AND IS DESIGNED THAT THE HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEMS WHEN THE DRIVE IS UP AND STEERING NOT STRAIGHT PUSHED THRU THE SWIMSTEP.
HAVE TO USE CHEVRON TEXRON GAS SO I SPEND MORE ON GAS
HAVE MINIMIZED BUT HAVE NOT YET GOTTEN RID OF THE BLACK SOOT WHICH I WAS GUARENTEED WOULD NOT HAVE ANYMORE
FIRST TRIP OUT THE ROCKERARM FOCKED UP DUE TO A PARTS MALFUNCTION.
RAYLAR STOOD BY AND PAID FOR ALL NEW PARTS AND AARRONS LABOR
THING GOES SO FAST I TAKE THE BIMMNEY TOP OFF SO IT DOESNT BOUNCE AROUND
BACK SEAT FLEW OUT LAST WEEK AT TOP SPEED NEED TO VELCRO THE BACK OF IT AS IT ONLY HAS VELCRO ON THE FRONT

Partycattin
10-01-2005, 11:40 AM
WHAT SIZE PROP
28p Labbed

Beer-30
10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I sure am seeing a lot of posts about rocker arm parts failure on the Raylar Kits. Specifically the adjusting nuts.
It would be my suggestion for Raylar as well as others to go ahead on put on the valve cover spacers and use regular "poly-lock" adjusting nuts. In all the years I have been around motors, I have never heard of a poly-lock failure - other than human error.
Such as:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/tfs-70000903-1_w.jpg
Just an idea.

franky
10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
No comment at this time!
Interesting, are we coming out in the open with problems now?

franky
10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
It is the "everything" part or the powdercoat/paint part of the question you want answered ??
Much of it is powdercoated, most of the parts on the stock engine that are normally black anyway.
actually the parts just came in from the PAINT shop today

Beer-30
10-01-2005, 04:42 PM
We all know that mechanical equipment will have problems from time to time - no matter how well it is engineered or built. Things break. I don't think it is any reason to slander the Raylar name, I just think they would be wise to nip this issue right now. If rocker nuts are failing, put on ones that don't fail. So far, I think it's the only "bug" to get worked out.

shadow
10-01-2005, 05:18 PM
No problems here,Lost a little wind in one cylinder.No fault of any Raylar components.Never said much about any problems i had cause I knew Ray was coming to Havasu to be Hands on in Blaines Project and figured that we could address the issue then.Just didn't feel it was nessacary to say i had an engine problem knowing how people like to jump to conclusions from hear say.
Fact of the matter is Shadow will be back up and running shortly and Raylar has stood behind their product and then some! :cool:

SHOTKALLIN
10-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Great to hear that Shadow! How many hours since the install? And how hard do you run it?

Beer-30
10-01-2005, 10:46 PM
actually the parts just came in from the PAINT shop today
Did we ever get numbers on the ASM equipped HO?

shadow
10-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Great to hear that Shadow! How many hours since the install? And how hard do you run it?
My 496 had well over 100hrs before the install and probablly another 50 after the install.I'm normally full throttle any time i'm in the seat.Figure a single engine pushing 5,000lbs of boat then loaded with stereo equip,ice chests,bodies,fuel,etc. through the water for 4 seasons (almost every weekend) is not bad.If you were to run the same engine in a smaller,lighter boat,not running @ WOT like i normally do.I could see this package lasting double or triple the seasons and 4 times the hrs OR MORE.But most don't keep a boat that long.Anyways will be back on the water shortly with a new engine.Raylar was the best choice i could have made seeing that all i had to work with was a stock 496.

INSman
10-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Great to hear that things worked out for everyone. I hear there may be a few short blocks laying around :cool:

shadow
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Great to hear that things worked out for everyone. I hear there may be a few short blocks laying around :cool:
There "were" a couple of short blocks lying around.Not no more! :)The key is "were".

INSman
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
There "were" a couple of short blocks lying around.Not no more! :)The key is "were".
Talked to Ray and Aaron today and sounds like beasts are coming to life !! :jawdrop: :D

shadow
10-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Talked to Ray and Aaron today and sounds like beasts are coming to life !! :jawdrop: :D
Yeah,i was there yesterday and earlier today,they are looking great!I put a few finger prints on your pretty motors.Don't know what happened to all those bad ass pulleys Frank made?They'd look better on mine and the black stockers would look better on yours. :eek: I actually brought my camera today but forgot to take some pics.I'll swing by and see if they are there tommorow and get a few for you.You will definately be pleased.

INSman
10-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah,i was there yesterday and earlier today,they are looking great!I put a few finger prints on your pretty motors.Don't know what happened to all those bad ass pulleys Frank made?They'd look better on mine and the black stockers would look better on yours. :eek: I actually brought my camera today but forgot to take some pics.I'll swing by and see if they are there tommorow and get a few for you.You will definately be pleased.
Oh, I am pretty sure they will be there. Apparently one of th pullies needs some machining :confused: Don't know if they got hold of Franky or not to fix, maybe you know of someone :jawdrop:

Kachina26
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I was just there 10 minutes ago and as usual, Aaron was burning the midnight oil. Ray was there as well, I was bustin' his balls on some little detail items :D gotta take care of my HB bruthas :D Seriously, if those things run as good as they look, you're gonna have to get parachute lifelines for the whole crew :D

INSman
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I was just there 10 minutes ago and as usual, Aaron was burning the midnight oil. Ray was there as well, I was bustin' his balls on some little detail items :D gotta take care of my HB bruthas :D Seriously, if those things run as good as they look, you're gonna have to get parachute lifelines for the whole crew :D
Now that's what I'm talkin' about !!! :eek: :D
Hopefully the go outdoes the show :messedup:

shadow
10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Blaine,I stopped by and snapped a few pics for ya.Ray has been working on them most of the day.Pictures don't do em justice.scroll to the right.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1755.JPGhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1756.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502DSCF1757.JPG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Damn....
That looks SWEET Blaine !!!!!!
Can't wait to see them in the boat!!
Later,
CJG
:D

INSman
10-03-2005, 06:27 AM
problem with one of the billet pullies, but hopefully we get that solved, coming together though :D Just in time for the end of the season :yuk:

shadow
10-03-2005, 07:57 AM
problem with one of the billet pullies, but hopefully we get that solved, coming together though :D Just in time for the end of the season :yuk:
Is that the black billet pulley :D
Blaine the pics look more like blue,In person it's definately purple.

INSman
10-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Is that the black billet pulley :D
Blaine the pics look more like blue,In person it's definately purple.
That be the one !!
Yup, it is definitely purple :D
Anyone you know that could help with the pully problem if we can't find Franky in time ???

franky
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
That be the one !!
Yup, it is definitely purple :D
Anyone you know that could help with the pully problem if we can't find Franky in time ???
Franky here, I was in the Schiada Regatta yesterday when Ray called and left a message so couldn't return the call . Blane, I set aside (a couple times now) a few days at your request to help with this project. I have been to Absolute no less than 10 times checkin in on this project. Delays put it into a time I was not available. Calm down. I will check in today. Your PS pump has a bigger shaft than the older ones, will get it resolved. I don't know why they still have a stock idler on the motor either but will check it out...
UPDATE, just got off the phone with Ray, new motor (2005) has belt tensioner (Ford style) on one of the idler puilleys and I will have to machine the back out of the idler to make it clear, NO PROBLEMO. Headin to Absolute in a few. All is good.
Regards - Franky

INSman
10-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Hope you had fun at the Shiada regatta and I appreciate all of your time and assistance in the project. I am always calm, but not knowing where you might be, I was just trying to formulate a contingency plan.
Make sure and have Ray and or yourself shoot some pics of your pieces on the project, so we can steer some of the magazine editorial in your direction. :coffeycup :D

INSman
10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
p.s.
Franky, the billet pullies are lookin' NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Haven't seen the oil coolers yet, but I assume they look great too !!

phebus
10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Blaine, those motors look awesome!! The intake manifold cover, the valve covers, and the pulleys really set those powdercated motors off great. It's a shame you have to put an engine cover over those beauty's, but I hope you have plans to put a mirror on the bottom of the lid, so when it is open, you can see the motors from all angles.
I don't know if it's in their plans or not, but that boat should definately be in the Raylar booth at the LA Boat Show.
Congratulations,
Rick

INSman
10-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Blaine, those motors look awesome!! The intake manifold cover, the valve covers, and the pulleys really set those powdercated motors off great. It's a shame you have to put an engine cover over those beauty's, but I hope you have plans to put a mirror on the bottom of the lid, so when it is open, you can see the motors from all angles.
I don't know if it's in their plans or not, but that boat should definately be in the Raylar booth at the LA Boat Show.
Congratulations,
Rick
NO engine covers my friend, and I already have a mirrored and light engine hatch. Gonna' look sweet !!!
I don't know if Ray wants that big of a booth, but anything is possible I guess, maybe him and Shockwave together ?? :idea:

phebus
10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Engine hatch is what I meant, too bad it can't be acrylic.

INSman
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Engine hatch is what I meant, too bad it can't be acrylic.
Now I hear ya ' !!! ;) :D

Raylar
10-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Just got back from Havasu and Aarons shop today. We had to pull a little extra duty on the motors. Aaron had two Schiadas come in on Friday with blown drives and he is getting Nordics Parker 3 hour Enduro boat ready for next weekends race. Glad we were there to get all the details finished up. The motors are so HOT!! I even impressed myself! These are not your dads 496's. They give a whole new look and feel to the 496. Our new polished billet throttle bodies, the valve cover and intake logo plates in polished stainless are just flat gorgeous! The motors just have enough polished locations to balance with that awesome purple paint that they even got some industry people who stopped by Saturday to exclaim WOW! and take pictures. The new coil remounts, ECM and relay remounting and wiring harness relocations leave the whole top side of the motor and the profile looking clean and uncluttered. Pure Bling! for Blane! The "Purple Monstas" as we refer to them will usher in a whole new side to the 496 motor. No need to cover them with a funky plastic cover and as Dave from DCB likes to refer to them when stock as the "Black Blob" Oh, not to mention having 2 x 600HP of 496 tucked under the gorgeous skin of Blaines Shockwave should be a good "E-ticket" ride! "Franky" came in to save the day and realize that Mercury loves to change things on these motors without telling us. His pulleys are beautiful top shelf parts and his cooler kit fits like a glove and is beautifully built and equipped. He is already making the new tensioner pulley needed for these 2005- 496s and the look on the front of the motor is SIC! Also had a chance to spend some quality time with Darrel (Shadow) and Randy (Kachina 26) and even do a little program tweaking on KC's Riverholic. Needless to say a busy weekend, but when you spend quality time on quality projects with quality people it doesn't get much better than that. As for us we are also busy getting our new 600 cubic 750HP naturally aspirated IR fuel injection manifolded 496 to the Dyno so we can release it at the LA show this year. Imagine a 496 that looks like Blanes "Monstas" that has a fuel injection stack system like the old Hilborn-Kinsler look, idles at 650-700rpms, makes what we forecast to be 750HP at 5200 rpms and 900 ft/lbs of torque and runs on stock electronics and does not cost $50K more like $25-30K. Pretty exciting possibilities in store for Raylar 496 users! I will get some more completed shots of Banes "Monstas" to him so he can post them as he sees fit. Look forward to seeing and "hangin out" with everyone at the Aboslute Fall Classic" This event is going to be "keeper" and great times for all who attend. See Ya there!
Ray & Larry @ Raylar

Essex502
10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Just a curious question....
What kind of bottom end is in the 496? Cast or forged crank and rods? What's the expected longevity with all that HP in that bottom end or is the bottom end being upgraded as well? Just curious.

INSman
10-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Just a curious question....
What kind of bottom end is in the 496? Cast or forged crank and rods? What's the expected longevity with all that HP in that bottom end or is the bottom end being upgraded as well? Just curious.
Mike
I don't know what everyone else is doing or has done, but I started with seasoned blocks that were balanced and blueprinted, and we went with all forged internals and such. I am sure Ray will jump in here soon for details.
You can probably get along just fine with the 525HP kit on stock components, but the 600+ HP kit, I think the upgraded bottom and such is highly suggested.

Raylar
10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Mike,
Blane is correct. In the HO600 motors we upgrade the whole bottom end to our forged crank, forged H-beam billet rods and forged Mahle pistons. We add ARP rod and main bolts and we use a special High volume Melling oil pump, Cloyes double roller timing set, Manton heavy duty push rods along with special "alumina "bearings with special clearances and such. The stock factory nodular pressure rolled cast crank is a very nice strong crank, but we just feel the extra insurance of all forged internals is a safety net at 600HP on the 496 especially the connecting rods. The block iand 4 bolt nodular main caps are an exceptionaly strong parts that I feel can support up to 750 HP without problems.
With our special valve train and blueprinted bottom end we know that these Raylar HO motors can be easily turned up to run 5600 to 5800 rpms for a rev-limit and have no issues.
Ray @ Raylar

Focker
10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
can i add wings and fly with mine

INSman
10-04-2005, 08:47 PM
can i add wings and fly with mine
No, not in the 70's !!!! :D

INSman
10-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Special thanks to Franky for stepping up and getting a new pully made to accomodate an unexpected change between the 2004 and 2005 model 496's !! :cool:

TPI
10-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Blane,
Do you have a date set when you are going to be out at the lake with your new motors?

Kachina26
10-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Blane,
Do you have a date set when you are going to be out at the lake with your new motors?
I believe the official date has pretty much been 1 week from the date that this question gets asked. So, that being said, you have officially put it off another week :D

Beer-30
10-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Blane,
Yeah, it's August 1st. Oh, wait........

INSman
10-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Blane,
It is looking like this upcoming weekend, unless something seriously goes wrong on the re-install in th next day or so. We are certainly running later than I had planned, but what can you do :confused: :D

Beer-30
10-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I was just ribbin' ya. ;)

INSman
10-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, it's August 1st. Oh, wait........
Ya' no doubt, best laid plans fail :supp: :hammerhea :eat: :D

TPI
10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Elsinore? Havasu? I am assuming there will we be some lake tuning before you go on any big trips? Regardless, good luck and enjoy. It should be a lot of fun. That's what its all about right?

INSman
10-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Elsinore? Havasu? I am assuming there will we be some lake tuning before you go on any big trips? Regardless, good luck and enjoy. It should be a lot of fun. That's what its all about right?
The boat pretty much stays in Havasu and everyone involved in the project is pretty excited about the final product, so I guess we'll have to see. If they run like they did on the dyno, I am sure we will be fine. Just needed to add an HP Fuel pumps, oil coolers and exhaust package, which all needed come custom tweaks.
Engines should be in by Monday or Tuesday, and then Aaron at Absolute should be taking her out for a spin. Come this Friday, we plan on running her in the Absolute Regatta and Raylar will be there for any fine tuning that may be needed.
I'll let you know my thoughts after returning home next weekend !! :D

Essex502
10-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Mike
I don't know what everyone else is doing or has done, but I started with seasoned blocks that were balanced and blueprinted, and we went with all forged internals and such. I am sure Ray will jump in here soon for details.
You can probably get along just fine with the 525HP kit on stock components, but the 600+ HP kit, I think the upgraded bottom and such is highly suggested.
I agree. Cast parts with that much power would scare me. I blew a cast crank and 5 of 8 rods out the oil pan one night at the old Irwindale Raceway. That with only about 500 horsepower.

Essex502
10-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Mike,
Blane is correct. In the HO600 motors we upgrade the whole bottom end to our forged crank, forged H-beam billet rods and forged Mahle pistons. We add ARP rod and main bolts and we use a special High volume Melling oil pump, Cloyes double roller timing set, Manton heavy duty push rods along with special "alumina "bearings with special clearances and such. The stock factory nodular pressure rolled cast crank is a very nice strong crank, but we just feel the extra insurance of all forged internals is a safety net at 600HP on the 496 especially the connecting rods. The block iand 4 bolt nodular main caps are an exceptionaly strong parts that I feel can support up to 750 HP without problems.
With our special valve train and blueprinted bottom end we know that these Raylar HO motors can be easily turned up to run 5600 to 5800 rpms for a rev-limit and have no issues.
Ray @ Raylar
Cool. Can't wait to hear the results of this project.

Kachina26
10-13-2005, 05:55 AM
Cool. Can't wait to hear the results of this project.
Neither can Blane :D I hear it should be ready in just a few more weeks :mix: :messedup: :D :D :D

INSman
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Neither can Blane :D I hear it should be ready in just a few more weeks :mix: :messedup: :D :D :D
No, I swear the engines are going in today !! :hammerhea :argue: :rolleyes:

Focker
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
:argue: No, I swear the engines are going in today !! :hammerhea :argue: :rolleyes:

Beer-30
10-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Uh huh. Yeah, right. Suuuurrrre they are. :)

INSman
10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Uh huh. Yeah, right. Suuuurrrre they are. :)
If not, you will be reading in the newspaper about some VIOLENCE and MAYHEM in Havasu this weekend !! :mad: :220v: :mad: :2purples: :D

Beer-30
10-13-2005, 04:33 PM
If not, you will be reading in the newspaper about some VIOLENCE and MAYHEM in Havasu this weekend !! :mad: :220v: :mad: :2purples: :D
LOL!

Essex502
10-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Blane, are you going to be out in LHC on the 10/21,22,23 weekend? you should be closing on that new house pretty soon!

INSman
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Blane, are you going to be out in LHC on the 10/21,22,23 weekend? you should be closing on that new house pretty soon!
Nope, I was out this weekend and it looks like I am going to hire April to do our landscaping. I'll shoot for 3 weeks probably.

TPI
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Did you run the boat?

INSman
10-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Did you run the boat?
Yes sir we did...
Had a pretty full boat with the whole family and my engine builder along with a load of fuel and it was cruising over 70 at about 4,000 rpm with some stock 4 blade 30's.
Had a crank position sensor problem (I think) later in the day that kept me from going crazy, but I would say the "Shake Down" run went pretty darn well. I'll probably run out again in a few weeks to get more comfortable with the power, drive and tab settings and go for some speed runs :D

KROOZIN
10-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Yes sir we did...
Had a pretty full boat with the whole family and my engine builder along with a load of fuel and it was cruising over 70 at about 4,000 rpm with some stock 4 blade 30's.
Had a crank position sensor problem (I think) later in the day that kept me from going crazy, but I would say the "Shake Down" run went pretty darn well. I'll probably run out again in a few weeks to get more comfortable with the power, drive and tab settings and go for some speed runs :D
glad to hear you got her running :2purples: :wink: :D

INSman
10-17-2005, 08:02 PM
glad to hear you got her running :2purples: :wink: :D
It wasn't lookin' too good at 4:30 in the morning, when I finally left to get some sleep, but they go their scan tool back first thing in the morning, diagnosed the problem, and got her all buttoned up !!

KROOZIN
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
It wasn't lookin' too good at 4:30 in the morning, when I finally left to get some sleep, but they go their scan tool back first thing in the morning, diagnosed the problem, and got her all buttoned up !!
nothing like last minute, huh? :notam:

INSman
10-18-2005, 07:25 AM
nothing like last minute, huh? :notam:
Yup, and I am still tired !! :( :messedup: :sleeping: :D

TPI
11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Blane,
Hows she running............................I havnt heard anything. I figured you would have 25 hours on it by now. The weather is great for boating.

shadow
11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Blane,
Hows she running............................I havnt heard anything. I figured you would have 25 hours on it by now. The weather is great for boating.
Saw Blaines boat over @ Cartoyz this afternoon.
He must just have $$ to burn. :rollside: Doing upgrades at all the shops in town. :)

mike37
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
shadow
hows things going
you going to scare the neighborhood kids tonight
as they trick or treat on your street

shadow
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
shadow
hows things going
you going to scare the neighborhood kids tonight
as they trick or treat on your street
My wife will handling the all the short people that come to the door tonight.
If it was up to me i'd just be kicking back on the couch,yelling come on in the candy is over there on the counter. :) Not much into answering the door over and over.

Kachina26
11-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Saw Blaines boat over @ Cartoyz this afternoon.
He must just have $$ to burn. :rollside: Doing upgrades at all the shops in town. :)
I heard he was gettin' previous upgrades straightened out :idea: nutin' like gettin' it done right the first time. Who said nuts?

Kilrtoy
11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I saw him at the gas station just prior to the maiden voyage and havent heard anything since.......
Whats the scoop.....
What is the top speed

phebus
11-01-2005, 08:30 PM
He has a article coming out in Family and Performance Boating magazine, so he isn't talking much about the upgrades.

INSman
11-02-2005, 06:52 AM
He has a article coming out in Family and Performance Boating magazine, so he isn't talking much about the upgrades.
This is true and in reality, I haven't really run the boat hard yet at all nor am I close to having the right prop setup. I ran comfortably in the Absolute Poker run in the low 70's at under 4,000 RPM if memory serves me correct whereas, I was at 5,000 RPM in the past to get that speed.
I plan on going out in a few weeks to run her again and play around with a few props and such, but I can say that she felt good and the motors pull like the dickens.

496POWER
11-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Here some results of a Baja 25 Outlaw
Stock this Boat run with a 496 HO 66 MPH on GPS (on a river - sweatwater) turning a 24 pitch Bravo 1 prop 5000 RPM
With the Raylar 525 Kit we made 74 MPH on GPS with a 28 pitch Bravo 1 prop turning 4950 RPM

Essex502
11-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Here some results of a Baja 25 Outlaw
Stock this Boat run with a 496 HO 66 MPH on GPS (on a river - sweatwater) turning a 24 pitch Bravo 1 prop 5000 RPM
With the Raylar 525 Kit we made 74 MPH on GPS with a 28 pitch Bravo 1 prop turning 4950 RPM
Out of curiosity, can you share the cost for those 8 mph?

496POWER
11-17-2005, 06:10 AM
A BCK 103 kit lists for 5800 US $ + 8 - 10 hours of labor + 1 new prop 890 US $
If You buy the same boat from factory with a Merc 525 you will gain the same 8 MPH but you will pay about 20000 - 25000 $ for the upgrade
Decide Yourself
By the way - The outlaw 25 is a very good boat but not the best for high top speeds - you will not crack the 100 MPH , even with 900 HP
So in a fast stepped hull boat you will gain much more speed with the raylar kit than in a Baja 25 outlaw
our technical service found out : If you change 4 letters in COKE you get BEER

TPI
11-17-2005, 06:34 AM
Blane,
Are the magazine people going to be the first ones that run your boat at WOT? If so, when will the magazine be out? Do you have any dates planned to go step on it and see what kind of speed/handling you gained? There are quite a few people anxous awaiting for the results. You built it up pretty well on the boards, and we are waiting to hear about your final result. I hope everything has gone well for you.

Kilrtoy
11-17-2005, 10:53 AM
A BCK 103 kit lists for 5800 US $ + 8 - 10 hours of labor + 1 new prop 890 US $
If You buy the same boat from factory with a Merc 525 you will gain the same 8 MPH but you will pay about 20000 - 25000 $ for the upgrade
Decide Yourself
By the way - The outlaw 25 is a very good boat but not the best for high top speeds - you will not crack the 100 MPH , even with 900 HP
So in a fast stepped hull boat you will gain much more speed with the raylar kit than in a Baja 25 outlaw
our technical service found out : If you change 4 letters in COKE you get BEER
Ok back in the real world, the 525 is a 15k upgrade.....
so the cost differance is
is 7690 to 15K
I heard the price is closer to 10K
but with a 525 you get a warranty....
in my book, I will pay 5K for that piece of mind... :)

Kilrtoy
11-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Blane,
Are the magazine people going to be the first ones that run your boat at WOT? If so, when will the magazine be out? Do you have any dates planned to go step on it and see what kind of speed/handling you gained? There are quite a few people anxous awaiting for the results. You built it up pretty well on the boards, and we are waiting to hear about your final result. I hope everything has gone well for you.
I am wondering also...
There are alot of people who bought this and NOONE IS TALKING.....
Makes one wonder :rolleyes:

dicudmore
11-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I hope these are not the results we've been reading about??
http://www.jtinc.com/Absolute_PR_05/Run%203/images/APR05_RS_522.jpg
http://www.jtinc.com/Absolute_PR_05/Run%201/images/APR05_RS_085.jpg
http://www.jtinc.com/Absolute_PR_05/Run%201/images/APR05_RS_087.jpg

dicudmore
11-17-2005, 08:49 PM
is 7690 to 15K
lets not forget the difference of the XR with the 525 :wink:

Kilrtoy
11-17-2005, 10:35 PM
lets not forget the difference of the XR with the 525 :wink:
Thanks dan it comes with an upgraded drive and the 496 does not....

496POWER
11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Retail Pricelist Formula 271
MerCruiser® Single 496 MAG Bravo One $113,120
MerCruiser® Single 496 MAG High Output Bravo One X $119,770
MerCrusier® Single HP525 EFI Bravo One XR $158,470
What do you do if you already own a boat with 496 ?
Difference 525 to 496 Mag (retail) is 45350 $For the difference You can by a Raylar Kit + XR drive +1 additional 496 engine +
1 425 HP ECM (the only difference between 496 and HO with a Raylar kit installed)
and lots of fuel

Kilrtoy
11-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Retail Pricelist Formula 271
MerCruiser® Single 496 MAG Bravo One $113,120
MerCruiser® Single 496 MAG High Output Bravo One X $119,770
MerCrusier® Single HP525 EFI Bravo One XR $158,470
What do you do if you already own a boat with 496 ?
Difference 525 to 496 Mag (retail) is 45350 $For the difference You can by a Raylar Kit + XR drive +1 additional 496 engine +
1 425 HP ECM (the only difference between 496 and HO with a Raylar kit installed)
and lots of fuel
I dont doubt those prices, but they are straight RIPPING YOU OFF.....
I have seen the price list from several manufactures and it s a 15K bump.
If you already own the boat, that is a choice only you can make...
I would buy a new boat or find a new motor that is getting ripped out for some big HP... You can find those deals...

496POWER
11-17-2005, 10:59 PM
A Baja 25 outlaw is not available from factory with 525 EFI
see
http://www.bajamarine.com/index.asp?display=brochure&tab=0&modelid=53239&reqtype=1,8,9
2006 BAJA 25 OUTLAW
Gallery
Standard Features
Specifications
Options
Overview
Order A Brochure
Request A Quote
Contact A Dealer
Specials
Options
Engine
MerCruiser 496 Magnum HO/425 HP - Opt
MerCruiser 496 Magnum/375 HP - Std Individual Options
Battery Switch, Additional: w/ Second Battery Tray
Canvas, Cockpit Cover: (Sunbrella®)
Canvas, Trailering Cover
Carpet, Cockpit
Compass, 5": w/Light
Cushion, V-Berth: w/Bed Sham
Depth Finder
Exhaust, Quick & Quiet Plus: (Corsa™)
Exhaust, Thru-Hull: w/Quick & Quiet II (Corsa™)
Fender Holders
Fire Extinguishing System
Freshwater Flush
Fume Detector
Graphics, Boss
Graphics, Full Color
Graphics, Full Color: Hull Sides only
Graphics, SST
Graphics, Wave
Hatch Screens
Head, Porta-Potti
Head, Pump-Out
Instrument Panel: (Livorsi™) w/Colored Bezels (Dark Violet, Orange, Yellow, Red or Electric Blue)
Lights, Docking
Rub Rail: w/Stainless Steel Insert - White
Shower, Transom
Speedometer, GPS: Livorsi™ (Livorsi™ Gauge Panel Set or SST Pak Required)
Steering Wheel, Custom: (Carbon Fiber)
Steering Wheel, Custom Platinum: (Electric Blue, Red, Dark Violet, Orange or Yellow Accent)
Stereo, 6-Disc CD Changer: (Available w/Upgraded Stereo System Only)
Stereo, Performance Plus System: Clarion® (Includes Dash Mounted Remote Control)
Stereo, Remote Control
Swim Platform, Aluminum: Colored (Red, Yellow, Dark Violet, Electric Blue, or Orange) w/Stainless Steel Bolt-On Ladder
Trim Tabs: with Indicators (12 X 12)
Trim Tabs: with Indicators (14 x 19)
Inland Freight
Freight
Fuel Surcharge
Option Packages
35th Anniversary Package:
Canvas, Cockpit Cover (Sunbrella®)
Rub Rail w/Stainless Steel Insert - White
Steering Wheel, Custom (Carbon Fiber)
Trim Tabs with Indicators 12 x 12
SST Package:
Canvas, Cockpit Cover (Sunbrella®)
Rub Rail w/Stainless Steel Insert - White
Trim Tabs with Indicators 12 x 12

phebus
11-18-2005, 07:31 AM
The price difference between the 496 and the 525 also includes an upgrade to hydraulic steering.

rvrhlic
11-18-2005, 11:08 AM
is 7690 to 15K
PAY THE MONEY FOR THE 525!!!!! It is worth it. The Raylar kit blew my engine!

FASTERDAMITT
11-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Details?

shadow
11-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Was it a Raylar part that let go or was it a Merc (weak link) cast piston?

rvrhlic
11-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Details?
I don't have much information for you. I got the kit installed ran it one weekend and it ran okay. My mechanic took it out for some water testing and called me with the news. The kit has been nothing but a nightmare for me. Raylar ruined my boating season. They promise big but have not delivered. I am not going to spend another exorbitant about of money to take my engine (supposedly a Raylar 600hp) to someone who knows what they are doing.
I have not said anything all summer hopring that Raylar would take care of the situation as they "promised" but now I have given up.

rvrhlic
11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Was it a Raylar part that let go or was it a Merc (weak link) cast piston?
From what i understand, a piston let go due to a Raylar part. I am not a mechanic but that is what I was told.

FASTERDAMITT
11-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Sound like an installation issue. Nothing complicated about running different heads and cam. Of course you could have broke a spring and dropped a valve. Was the rev limiter working?

Mandelon
11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
KC, I noticed you'd been awful quiet about the Raylar situation. I didn't see you out on the water much this year either. What did they promise to do and not do????
Oh by the way, the Lavey still runs great! :cool:

Raylar
11-19-2005, 11:06 AM
KC:
Your stock motor did not blow up from our Raylar kit, and I have your stock block, untouched in my warehouse to prove it! Your stock 496 broke a piston #1 to be exact and #2 piston is cracked but still whole in the block to prove that. Many 496's around the world have had some piston issues and their have been quite a few failures in both trucks and marine 496's. Just ask Blane what happend to one of his brand new 496's in his new boat and look in aarrons shop a a couple of stock 496's that have broken pistons, then call Mercury and see if they will tell you how many they have replaced on Warranty! We were just unfortunate enough to have our Raylar kit on your motor when it broke, but I can guaranty it would have let go with or without the kit. You somehow have forgotten to mention in your thread that because AArron and I felt so bad for your dilema that I built you a new complete forged internal 600HP capable short block in two weeks at my COST!, supplied a new set of cylinder heads, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, rockers and gaskets at no charge!! and Aarron donated his entire labor to remove and replace your motors including on the water testing and tuning. Lets really consider how your summer could have been wasted by another shop or manufacturer who would have told you tough, your motor failed! As it was you were back on the water in three weeks and have been using your boat ever since. Ruined your summer??
You wanted the 600HP motor but you apparently did not have the budget and I understand that to complete your 600HP system with headers, fuel system requirements and other parts. And you and I talked and we decided you should put the 525HP cam back in to improve your low rpm performance. The cam has been at Aarrons shop for two week, NO Charge!!
I guess Abe Lincoln said it best, "you can please most people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"!
KC, you seem to be one of those people! Sorry I tried to Help!
Ray @ Raylar

FASTERDAMITT
11-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Sounds like pretty good customer service to me. Most builders would not warranty your old short block.

KineticoH20
11-19-2005, 12:49 PM
KC:
Your stock motor did not blow up from our Raylar kit, and I have your stock block, untouched in my warehouse to prove it! Your stock 496 broke a piston #1 to be exact and #2 piston is cracked but still whole in the block to prove that. Many 496's around the world have had some piston issues and their have been quite a few failures in both trucks and marine 496's. Just ask Blane what happend to one of his brand new 496's in his new boat and look in aarrons shop a a couple of stock 496's that have broken pistons, then call Mercury and see if they will tell you how many they have replaced on Warranty! We were just unfortunate enough to have our Raylar kit on your motor when it broke, but I can guaranty it would have let go with or without the kit. You somehow have forgotten to mention in your thread that because AArron and I felt so bad for your dilema that I built you a new complete forged internal 600HP capable short block in two weeks at my COST!, supplied a new set of cylinder heads, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, rockers and gaskets at no charge!! and Aarron donated his entire labor to remove and replace your motors including on the water testing and tuning. Lets really consider how your summer could have been wasted by another shop or manufacturer who would have told you tough, your motor failed! As it was you were back on the water in three weeks and have been using your boat ever since. Ruined your summer??
You wanted the 600HP motor but you apparently did not have the budget and I understand that to complete your 600HP system with headers, fuel system requirements and other parts. And you and I talked and we decided you should put the 525HP cam back in to improve your low rpm performance. The cam has been at Aarrons shop for two week, NO Charge!!
I guess Abe Lincoln said it best, "you can please most people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"!
Ray @ Raylar
My God! why in the hell would someone write that thread in that tone, when it looks like Ralar went way over the call of duty to repair it! you guys can have my business anytime!

shadow
11-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Sounds like pretty good customer service to me. Most builders would not warranty your old short block.
Not to mention,You can pick up the phone and deal directly with Ray or Larry.
Rather than take your boat to a certified dealer and get 3rd hand info passed on from the shop to the customer service rep back to the shop to you.
Raylar has had a few small issues but up to this point they have stood behind thier product 100%.

rvrhlic
11-20-2005, 10:14 PM
KC, I noticed you'd been awful quiet about the Raylar situation. I didn't see you out on the water much this year either. What did they promise to do and not do????
Oh by the way, the Lavey still runs great! :cool:
Glad to hear the Lavey is running great, I miss that boat sometimes.
I missed a lot of the boated season becasue every time I took my boat out it did not run right. Alarms.. can't get out of the hole... etc. It became a joke by the end of the year.
As far aas being promised, I was promised and engine I would love. From the first time I ran the Raylar engine I had problems. There were ECM issues, then the boat can't get out of the hole, then alarms on the top end. It got the point where i didn;t even want to go to the river because I didn't want to find something else. The last think Raylar promised is to provide me with the 525hp camshaft and swap out the 600hp shaft. Well... I have been told 3 times by Raylar it is on it's way or it is at Absolute... still not there.
I have given up.... I am taking my boat to Az Speed and Marine or Boost power to take it to someone who can get the ECM dialed in correctly and swap out the camshaft and do some other work.
I did not say anything because I thought they were going to step up. I now know they will do nothing for me so I thought I would tell my story, jeez..... I have only been having issues since May....
Anyway, it will get taken care of and I will see you out there next year.

rvrhlic
11-20-2005, 10:26 PM
KC:
Ray @ Raylar
-- Smthopr8tr
I am sorry if I am taking an negative tone you just cannot understand how frustrating this has been. Raylar has made the apperances of stepping up, that I will give them. I did not expect my short block to be covered bya warranty at all. It was offered to my before I asked for anything I was actually still in shock getting the call telling me my engine had blown. I did pay for the new block, pistons, etc.). However, when after we agreed on the price and what motor I would get, I was promised something, I expect that to be delivered. It is like anything if you are getting work done on your house and you are promised something you expect it to be done.
--Raylar,
Raylar NEVER said anything about the throttle body, fuel system and anything else that was needed to complete the engine. As far as my budget goes, you never knew what my budget was so that is just another one of your "stories" I have been hearing all summer.
You can take Aaron out of anything you say to me, I think Aaron is great and will use him for all my boating service going forward. If nothing else, this whole experience has gotten me to be friends with Aaron, Cheryl and Brian at Absolute. They have truly gone above and beyond for me.
I gave Raylar more than enough time to get my motor working correctly, all I ever got was excuses (drill holes in your prop, someone else installed the camshaft wrong, the ECM doesn’t need to be reprogrammed, etc, etc.). Do you really think I am one of those A holes, I waited 6 months to say something to others hoping you would get things right.
Yes, when you talk or post you do have all the answers. It is one of the problems with businesses today, Raylar over promises and under delivers. Seems like it is random and some people just have bad experiences with manufactures (some people think Magic’s customer service stinks however they have been great to me) and maybe I an just unlucky in this one.
-- Shadow,
I know you have had a good expierence with the product and that is great. I know we have tlaked about this before so... i knwo you don't even need to hear it.

Raylar
11-21-2005, 07:55 AM
KC (riverholic)
I am not going to keep explaining my companies excellent response. You keep making statements that are not true and you seem to have a selective memory. 1. Your stock motor did not blow up because of the addtion of the Raylar kit. 2. I certainly did discuss with you the need to upgrade your fuel system, oil cooler system, exhaust system and throttle body if you wanted to have the 600HP the motor is very capable of delivering. 3.Every boat that increases its power levels needs careful prop work or changes to dial in the boat. Your frustration is caused by the fact that you "want your cake and eat it too". 4. Your summer has been "ruined" You have been using your boat ever since the motor was installed. I understood your budget issue and thats why I agreed to send you a "no charge" 525HP cam so you could improve the low speed performance of your 28 foot deck boat without upgrading all those systems. Kc, you just need to remember, you chose the motor HP type and I could have supplied either at the same "my cost" as I did along with all the no charge parts and labor! Quit yer bitch'en and change the cam (no charge) and stop trying to make Raylar a "no equity" partner in your boat!
Ray @ Raylar :mad: