PDA

View Full Version : NEW 24 Stealth in family

KineticoH20
05-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Went down today and bought a new 24 from John in Corona, him and John West are real gems for putting up with my analness :rolleyes: Now all I need is some gel idea's, so anyony who has scibbled on a cocktail napkin please forward and no tribal please :boxed: Again it's clear Ultra is a step ahead of the game! thx guys!

Outnumbered
05-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Went down today and bought a new 24 from John in Corona, him and John West are real gems for putting up with my analness :rolleyes: Now all I need is some gel idea's, so anyony who has scibbled on a cocktail napkin please forward and no tribal please :boxed: Again it's clear Ultra is a step ahead of the game! thx guys!
Congrats. Ya, I have to say that I don't miss the tribal gel. If I ever get another Ultra I would go with some sort of classic twist on a new gel theme if that makes any sense.

Dan Lorenze
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Congratulations.. I too bought an Ultra last week... I'm so pumped... Enjoy..

cc322
05-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Nice... congrats on the new sled

KineticoH20
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Congrats. Ya, I have to say that I don't miss the tribal gel. If I ever get another Ultra I would go with some sort of classic twist on a new gel theme if that makes any sense.
Well dude I guess it worked out for both of us, I still would have bought yours, but im looking forward to a new one where nobody has had sex in it yet :wink:

roln 20s
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Congrats-- great boat choice. John and his crew make some of the nicest boats around. JW is great at gel ideas, but if you want to try someone different use Russ (the edukator) on the boards. He has done many members graphics around here, including mine, Phatt Matt, Mr Harley, Cobra26 and others...www.rarekoncepts.com
Congrats again and enjoy the build process and your new boat.
Roln 20s

SOMEBEACH
05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the new Stealth !! You'll love it. They're great boats. :D

ahhell
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Im thinking brown metal flake....with flames and checkers :p

rvrtoy
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Well dude I guess it worked out for both of us, I still would have bought yours, but im looking forward to a new one where nobody has had sex in it yet :wink:
What makes you think that it wouldn't be broken in??? We here at Ultra make sure that every boat has been broken in PROPERLY before you take delivery!! :) :) j/k

Outnumbered
05-09-2006, 04:35 PM
What makes you think that it wouldn't be broken in??? We here at Ultra make sure that every boat has been broken in PROPERLY before you take delivery!! :) :) j/k
LMAO, I think he jinxed his boat by posting that up. I bet it will be getting some after hours "testing" just to spite him :D

Outnumbered
05-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I wasn't going to bring that up but yes, I didn't expect you to go out and buy a 24 Stealth after I bugged the shit out of you to trade me. But, at least you will only be able to pick your gel. The boats are sweet--you will love it.

KineticoH20
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Im thinking brown metal flake....with flames and checkers :p
And maybe some teal and :p pink stripes to go with it

dicudmore
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
congrats dude, glad you're staying with the Ultra family :cool:
As stated, John has been known to come up with some ideas...
I also second Russ's drawings

DEMOMAN
05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Congrats on the new Ultra. I would definately stay away from anything tribal, especially flames. :rollside:

Playbuoy
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
and I sold my 25 today :)
Congrats Dilligaf!

OGShocker
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Congrat's!!!

KineticoH20
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
This gel thing is driving me nuts, im sittin here plowin down appletini's with white boat paper all over....geezz im gonna have to pay someone to deliver something I can live with.

Ultrafied
05-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats!!! You will love it.

BoaterX
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I hear those laminators like to break em in first. LMFAO. JK

ultra27jay
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
i dont know who john is using for a stereo but i would take cauthion. i paid cash to bob at ultra to pay the sound boys and i feel i got ripped off. he told me i was getting a jl system and i got an arc audio WTF i never even heard of that company. then i take the boat to wired for sound and he hooked it up it amazing. so congrats on the new boat i love mine. i dont know what u are doing for a stereo. this is just my 2 cents......see u on the water

JetBoatRich
05-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Congratulations on the new boat :cool: I am sure you will be happy :cool:

Ultracrazy
05-10-2006, 06:15 AM
i dont know who john is using for a stereo but i would take cauthion. i paid cash to bob at ultra to pay the sound boys and i feel i got ripped off. he told me i was getting a jl system and i got an arc audio WTF i never even heard of that company. then i take the boat to wired for sound and he hooked it up it amazing. so congrats on the new boat i love mine. i dont know what u are doing for a stereo. this is just my 2 cents......see u on the water
Did you talk to anyone at Ultra after you found out it wasn't what you wanted? Coming to the boards with an issue before they party is given a chance to fix the problem is no bueno.
UC

sigepmock
05-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Did you talk to anyone at Ultra after you found out it wasn't what you wanted? Coming to the boards with an issue before they party is given a chance to fix the problem is no bueno.
UC
I agree. John and Bob have always made things right in the past. No sense in bashing someone if you didn't give them the chance to make it right.
I do know John has gone back to Martin and his shop, they did the stereo's before "The Sound Guys". Martin did the stereo in our 21', all JL and it sounded great, even worked with me to change a few things to suit my tastes.
Congrats on the new boat, that 24 is a great boat.
Chris

Ultracrazy
05-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I agree. John and Bob have always made things right in the past. No sense in bashing someone if you didn't give them the chance to make it right.
I do know John has gone back to Martin and his shop, they did the stereo's before "The Sound Guys". Martin did the stereo in our 21', all JL and it sounded great, even worked with me to change a few things to suit my tastes.
Congrats on the new boat, that 24 is a great boat.
Chris
I have great confidence in the fact that given the chance..........it would have been corrected with out an issue.
UC
Love my 24 stealth..........

John.
05-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Congrats on the purchase!

sigepmock
05-10-2006, 08:04 AM
I have great confidence in the fact that given the chance..........it would have been corrected with out an issue.
UC
Love my 24 stealth..........
That's been my experience too with Ultra over the past 5 years of watching and then owning. :D

jbtrailerjim
05-10-2006, 08:04 AM
You should have been happy with the Arc Audio stuff. Arc is a pretty high end product. I run it in my boat and love it. My brother in law is in the audio business and Arc Audio is his biggest seller. He actually recently dumped the JL Audio line in favor of Arc Audio.

sigepmock
05-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Let John work his magic, he has incredible skills and will come up with something that will be one off and amazing, congrats to you on your new Stealth, can't wait to see it...
Come on Barry....Time to go see John and order that Boat!!!!! Everybody's doing it!!!!
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

sigepmock
05-10-2006, 08:23 AM
So when is your 27 gonna be ready??? I wanna ride in it for shizzle... :)
No 27 for us just an old Pontoon with cool stickers.... :crossx:
Just come out to Havasu this weekend you'll see.....

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
:( No river for us until possibly July... :(
WTF??

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 08:42 AM
So when is your 27 gonna be ready??? I wanna ride in it for shizzle... :)
trust me...you DO NOT want to ride in a 27 unless you have 100K+ burning a hole in your pocket...
one ride and your boat will be for sale...trust me...
now that you've been warned...anytime you want a ride let me know :cool:

MrsSigEpMock
05-10-2006, 10:00 AM
trust me...you DO NOT want to ride in a 27 unless you have 100K+ burning a hole in your pocket...
one ride and your boat will be for sale...trust me...
now that you've been warned...anytime you want a ride let me know :cool:
That must be why we never got a ride??? :p

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
That must be why we never got a ride??? :p
might have had something to do with me blowing a drive and getting a LONG tow back in...
There's a long summer ahead, just pull up in the Pontoon and we'll arrange that ride anytime :cool:

shippingguy
05-10-2006, 10:46 AM
John is using the original guy he always used before the SOUND BOYS came along. He is back to using Martin at Advanced Audio in El Cajon and he does awesome work. I have had 3 Ultras in the last 3 and half years and all the with big stereos done by Martin.

MrsSigEpMock
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm bummed but unfortunately things are the way that they are...:(
The real reason: that darn cat is sooo cute you can't leave him for more than a few hours.
We all know that's why. :p

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 11:08 AM
John is using the original guy he always used before the SOUND BOYS came along. He is back to using Martin at Advanced Audio in El Cajon and he does awesome work. I have had 3 Ultras in the last 3 and half years and all the with big stereos done by Martin.
same group that did mine, all with ARC stuff...
It wont compete with Darrell's or something like that but its very clean and does the job :cool:

John.
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I have some ARC subs and they work great. Very nice stuff. I need to get some grill covers before someone accidentally kicks one in though...

DEMOMAN
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I also had my stereo installed by Martin at Advanced Audio in El Cajon. He did a great job, this is my third season of trouble free tunes.

KineticoH20
05-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Thx for the well wishes, whatever comes out of El Cajon im sure i'll be stoked with it :)

voodoomedman
05-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Congrats. Welcome to the family. Come to the regatta and party with everyone. I think they bring some big boat or something to carry all the folks without a boat for the weekend.
As for the guy with the stereo. I'm assuming you got your boat from big John D. and maybe he thought it was going to Martin and then it's when they started the shop with the Sound Boys. ARC is supposed to be some pretty high end stuff. If it wasn't hooked up right you should have let them know and Big or Little John would have made sure it was taken care of. Fortunately for me mine is all JL done by Martin at Advanced Audio. Whenever I have had any issue with my boat they have taken care of me. Even stereo. My amp must have been a bad one because I had issues from the get go and it eventually blew. I dropped it off at Corona and they arranged to have it picked up and taken to Martin in El Cajon and it was ready for me to pickup and take back to it's home the next time I went to the river.

KineticoH20
05-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Didn't take John long to get the ol 21 online for sale, im sure the new owner will be happy with it.

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Met with big John and JW today to do graffics, will post when JW -mails to me. Nothing too fancy and NO flames or tribal :yuk: I wish all the companies were as easy to work with as Ultra is, class act all the way.

sigepmock
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Met with big John and JW today to do graffics, will post when JW -mails to me. Nothing too fancy and NO flames or tribal :yuk: I wish all the companies were as easy to work with as Ultra is, class act all the way.
Were you the 1 o'clock? If so I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself and sorry if we made John late. Congrats on the new boat....I'm sure John W. will come up with something you'll love.
PS Did you see that TV...damn shame :cry:
Chris

RUCAV
05-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Just a suggestion. Take some pics of boat gel schemes you like to John and give him a half an hour. I did and he did a smoking job. I still get alot of compliments on my boat.
On a sad note, It's up for sale. We just need a bigger Deck boat. Plus our black Lab puppy will destroy that Gel coat in 10 minutes easy. I wonder when that new Ultra deck will be done (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3489Hapa_kid_Boat-med.JPG 04 Ultra 247 XS $54k

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Were you the 1 o'clock? If so I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself and sorry if we made John late. Congrats on the new boat....I'm sure John W. will come up with something you'll love.
PS Did you see that TV...damn shame :cry:
Chris
NP chris it takes time, I hope your 27 comes out smokin also, your 21 was real clean also, congrats on the new rig.

sigepmock
05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
NP chris it takes time, I hope your 27 comes out smokin also, your 21 was real clean also, congrats on the new rig.
What 27......I don't know anything about a 27 :D
Thanks, we loved the 21' but like so many others needed a little more room for the family and pets.....that's why we'll be cruising the pontoon boat at the Regatta :crossx:
If you get a chance put up a pic of your graphics when John gets them done......it might give the guys over at Magic a head start :cry: j/k Congrats on the boat, we'll have to catch up at the Regatta for some cold beverages.
PS I hear from a good source that the first deck boat may be going into the mold any day with a big push to have one ready for the Regatta and an upcoming boat show... :) Can't wait to see it.

98 Vector 21
05-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Congrat's....your in good hands..what engine package did you go with?

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Congrat's....your in good hands..what engine package did you go with?
Just the 496 Ive had one before on a 25' and had plenty of power. An HO upgrade does not make alot of sence on this boat.