PDA

View Full Version : Rhino questions

Blown Lavey
09-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I havent done anything to the rhino yet, completely stock. I have been asking some questions about the pipe, silencer combos etc.
Is it worth putting the pipe on, or just do the jet kit and uncork it?
Also anyone running paddles for the sand? Any input? :cool: :rollside:

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
in the looks,seats,belts,paint etc,leave the motor stock for warranty for now.I have heard paddles arent needed,4wd and 1200 pounds it shouldnt really need them.The Black rhino CDI is a good investment,and the digital display dash piece

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Helmets!

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
good idea,im gettin my kids neck brace collars also

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
good idea,im gettin my kids neck brace collars also
As odd as it might sound,thats not a bad idea.Especially on how short the wheelbase is and how they kick up in the back so bad.

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 05:56 PM
sitting in the seat,their heads will whip around,with out helmets they would be ok

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 06:00 PM
What if they hit their heads on the side bars?Any chance of that?

riverroyal
09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
tough to see,but their heads dont even reach the top of the seat,then with 4 way belts they should be okhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371rhinoseats_3.JPG

Jrocket
09-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Good deal.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
09-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I heard they were passing the law that any off-road vehicle passengers must wear helmets. Anybody know truth in that??

Blingette
09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I havent done anything to the rhino yet, completely stock. I have been asking some questions about the pipe, silencer combos etc.
Is it worth putting the pipe on, or just do the jet kit and uncork it?
Also anyone running paddles for the sand? Any input? :cool: :rollside:
Quick solution to your wheel base. Switch the stock rims and tires around. (Offset is out instead of in), You won't belive how much the handling is better, as well as side to side sway. Pipe air box jet kit sucks, aint worth it. Cut your pipe tip so it points straight, cuts down on the dust blowing up. I can't take credit for these improvements, Drive it like ya stole it came up with it. You would think someone would come out with power for it, hopefully soon.

Blown Lavey
09-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Hmm.. I have heard the pipe isnt worth it but I wanted more info.
What about the cdi box, worth it or not?
I am not much up on the bling as we will use it out in the desert a a chase vehicle etc.

bohica
09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
One safety item that are a definite must have for these things are wrist restraints. We had 2 in our camp that rolled last year with kids in the passenger seats. Natural instinct for them is to grab for the roll bar on top. Pretty severe damage to their hands.

BoatFloating
09-21-2005, 08:55 PM
CDI box is a must and I would do K&N for sure The pipe thing wasn't a Drive it idea once again he's swinging from my nuts.... :eek: They sell a cool billet tip on Ebay that's cool and the same guy sells 1.75" wheel spacers. You also can get all this stuff from EVO here on the boards Evo's Stuff Click Here (http://www.longtravelrhino.com/)

riverroyal
09-22-2005, 08:11 AM
where can the be bought?These damn things are a pain in the ass finding stuff for,i need to start a rhino parts company :coffeycup

Dave C
09-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Those things look like a lot of fun.
Damn Norcal sucks. If we did that here, we would get arrested. :(
This place sucks wicked wang-dang!!! :(

bohica
09-22-2005, 09:30 AM
where can the be bought?These damn things are a pain in the ass finding stuff for,i need to start a rhino parts company :coffeycup
Here you go. Just need them for the outside arm.
Crowe (http://www.crowenterprizes.com/shop_product.asp?sku=1157)

jackpunx
09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I heard they were passing the law that any off-road vehicle passengers must wear helmets. Anybody know truth in that??
do you really think that all the golfers in GC's are going to wear helmets to get around the course?

riverroyal
09-22-2005, 09:35 AM
thanks,i need a few other things from there also

jackpunx
09-22-2005, 09:35 AM
all we did is wheels and tires.. and ours is faster than blings :D

Bling Bling
09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
all we did is wheels and tires.. and ours is faster than blings :D
You might of been quicker off the line, but on the big end I handed you your ass back. :D And the only reason you got off the line faster is your skinny little body ways about as much as my wiener. :D :D BTW, you and your darling better half would of had a great time this last weekend.