PDA

View Full Version : valve noise

jets4me
09-21-2005, 05:26 PM
here a lot of rocker arm noise i have plenty of oil at the top of the motor hydr.. cam and hydr.. springs to match at idle it is fine 2500 4500 real bad brand new lifters i have stud girdles and they back off on one side i think i am going to poly locks on it see if that helps thanks for any help

Blown 472
09-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Or you cam is going flat.

Moneypitt
09-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Girdles usually lock things down pretty well. In fact some of the old time racers actually remove the locking set screw (posi lock) from the nut when using girdles. Why just the one side? Are you adjusting the rockers corectly? And what is the history of the block/heads.......(I've seen SBCs with misaligned lifter galley oil holes that wouldn't keep lifters pumped in the forward 4-6 lifter bores)......And the last question, what kind of oil pressure are you holding when the rockers get noisy.........MP

jets4me
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
zero lash then half a turn my oil pres never drops below 75 there is no sign of the cam be wipe all the vale are open the same

Moneypitt
09-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Is this a new rebuild? Any chance the head(s) was milled too much and valves are hitting pistons. I know from experience that will cause hyd lifters to collapse. Were the heads a "matched" set? ..........MP