PDA

View Full Version : Biesmeyer in VA

INEEDAV
09-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Not sure if anyone had posted this link yet.
B-Boat (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-1981-Beismeyer-19-V-drive-with-454_W0QQitemZ4576644512QQcategoryZ31270QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)
If it stays that low I may buy it and see which boat I get to keep after the divorce is final :hammer2:

Morg
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Definatly has some potential. Actualy just a few final touches, a blown injected motor & name it "Grounds for divorce"
Hey Bezer guru's, are round holes in the panels common in the bezer's??
Thought the Bezers had the triangles?

INEEDAV
09-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Definatly has some potential. Actualy just a few final touches, a blown injected motor & name it "Grounds for divorce"
Morg I think you just named my boat when it gets repainted.
That or "Irreconcilable Differences"

Norseman
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Funny Morg, Joan said exactly the same thing when I showed the auction to her :frown: :frown: :notam: :notam:

Morg
09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Morg I think you just named my boat when it gets repainted.
That or "Irreconcilable Differences"
That was actualy my first thought, but I can't spell irreconsilable
:rollside:

TRG
09-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I really like how the pedal is through bolted, and are the saddle tanks in a rather peculiar location or is that how they all are???
i can remember a certain boat who had them inside of the gunnell supports before he went to stacked tanks.

olbiezer
09-22-2005, 08:56 AM
ya wholes are common in the biesemeyers.....at least my 79 biesemeyer jet had them just like that boat......they really are nice gives u a place to store stuff easly........wish i had some cash lol

canam10
09-22-2005, 01:54 PM
My guess is that is a Julian Pettingil built boat. The narrow boats were still Biesemeyers untill Ray Brown took over the molds and Manufactured the Bezers

Norseman
09-22-2005, 04:11 PM
My guess is that is a Julian Pettingil built boat. The narrow boats were still Biesemeyers untill Ray Brown took over the molds and Manufactured the Bezers
Tim;
Was Julian still building them in 81??
Is this one of the narrow boats or the original style??
I told Joan if she let me bid I'd send the Rayson North, she told me if I did she'd send me north!!! :hammerhea
Bob

canam10
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Tim;
Was Julian still building them in 81??
Is this one of the narrow boats or the original style??
I told Joan if she let me bid I'd send the Rayson North, she told me if I did she'd send me north!!! :hammerhea
Bob
Yes, I think Stevie and Doc had the first ones for the racing season of 1979 or 80 I picked my boat up from Julian in the fall of 1980. He built boats for a little while longer. That one is a narrow boat, most people refer to the narrow boat as the Bezer no matter who built them.

olbiezer
09-23-2005, 08:11 AM
my 79 biesemeyer jet had a sks hin number i think ...this one has a sss hin number......not sure who made the sss hin number boats....

canam10
09-23-2005, 05:58 PM
my 79 biesemeyer jet had a sks hin number i think ...this one has a sss hin number......not sure who made the sss hin number boats....
went out to look at mine and they drilled one of the drains through the first part of the vin number. I'm quite sure Julian was still building boats in 81 though,

olbiezer
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
just talked to the guy that is selling that boat on ebay......dam i wish i could get some cash together fast.....he is going to sell it to whoever the highest bidder is no mater what the price is.......now that is a good deal.......he says the reserve is 8500 now and will lower it to whatever the final price turns out to be........if less then 85

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-25-2005, 06:16 PM
went out to look at mine and they drilled one of the drains through the first part of the vin number. I'm quite sure Julian was still building boats in 81 though,
I believe the first Bezer Julian built was called "Julian Who?". Not sure when Norm Brown took over that mold but I do know Bill Moore took over the wider "race deck" mold I think in 1980.
Bill kept the molds at sundown marine and with Bob Long layed up a few under the Biesemeyer by BJM name. When Bob took over he tossed out the 3rd piece to the mold and the Daytona sprint was born. The molds then went to Richard Thompson--->Gary Steele--> "Big Ed" Bruenig (crew hand of K-13 Nasty news). If you ever need help painting anything Ed's the guy to call. Currently I'm not sure where the original B boat mold is but I would guess Bergeron Marine.

canam10
09-25-2005, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=V-DRIVE VIDEO]I believe the first Bezer Julian built was called "Julian Who?". Not sure when Norm Brown took over that mold but I do know Bill Moore took over the wider "race deck" mold I think in 1980.
I'm pretty sure your right.(about Jullian Who) If I remember correct Jullian brought that boat to the nationals and it was so light Jullian got in and out of the boat when it was on the trailer so he didn't have to step on or lean on anything. I'm also pretty sure he broke that boat and it was out behind the shop when I got mine.After that the Team Biesemeyer guys got them. Can't think of anyone back East getting a new boat after I got mine. There may have been some that went to Canada. I know Dr. David Boscco had a second narrow boat but don't know if Jullian or Ray built it Tim

Hallett
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Has any one looked at this boat yet that can tell what the condition
is like. jerry do you know this boat. is it a small stringer large stringer
any info would be great. looks very clean.
right now is not a good time. but would hate to miss a good deal.

olbiezer
09-26-2005, 04:27 AM
it looks well maintained from what we can see in the pics,,,.sometimes pic lie lol.....va is too far of a drive from mississippi to give it a look see........u are right hallett//// it would be a shame to lose that deal on a biezer.......

shirkey4750
09-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Picked up a Boat Trader on the way to Lake Anna last weekend, and there was another Biezer in it with a 455 in it. The boat looked like it had a slight V to the hull by the way the ride plates looked. Price was $3200. This boat was in VA. also.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Has any one looked at this boat yet that can tell what the condition
is like. jerry do you know this boat. is it a small stringer large stringer
any info would be great. looks very clean.
right now is not a good time. but would hate to miss a good deal.
Looks like a nice ride...It should have small stringers in it. I'm curious about the molding, hopefully the boat is capped and someone wanted the protection of a rub rail. I'm not too crazy about the fuel tank location especially if they drilled the floor for them.
Aside from that, I like it. No Bob, never seen it before.

canam10
09-26-2005, 11:05 AM
just talked to the guy that is selling that boat on ebay......dam i wish i could get some cash together fast.....he is going to sell it to whoever the highest bidder is no mater what the price is.......now that is a good deal.......he says the reserve is 8500 now and will lower it to whatever the final price turns out to be........if less then 85
Did the guy give you any history on the boat? How long has he owned it? I raced here on the East coast from 1965 untill the early 90's, do not ever recall seeing that boat. It could have been a different color etc. It drives off the crank so it was probably built to race. Might want to find out if that may have been Dr. Bosacco first narrow Ms. America. Doc sold the boat and it was later in a bad racing mishap. The guy that owned it I understand took all the hardware out and Ray build him a new boat. The boat was sold to a Skiff builder don't know what happened to it but it may have been put back togeather and run as a pleasure boat. Might want to get some history before bidding a ton Tim

olbiezer
09-26-2005, 02:45 PM
nope he didnt say anything at all it was a email answer to the question about the price so dont know anything else sorry ........thanks for the info

PETEROC
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Just looked it up. That boat was built by Spectre powerboat , Clearwater, Fl according to the "SSS" manufacture identification code. Hmmm ..A splash maybe??
BTW "SKS" is Somerskiff, Tarpon springs Fl.

olbiezer
09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
well i dont rememer for sure it was sk someething lol.....anyway this boat will go high i think.......there are couple of knuckle draggers outbidding each other just to see there name in print i think,,,its up to about 7 grand now....... thanks for the info

canam10
09-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Just looked it up. That boat was built by Spectre powerboat , Clearwater, Fl according to the "SSS" manufacture identification code. Hmmm ..A splash maybe??
That's pretty interesting. It sure could have been a splash but if it was built in 81 someone would have had to get one pretty quick build a mold and get a boat out. Like I said I've raced on this coast for years and never heard of that boat manufacture ( not saying it could not be). I have heard of the skiff company. The installation looks exactlly like mine. It also has the front lift rings in it required by APBA don't know if you'd put them in a boat built for pleasure. The seats are what rang a bell. they look like the ones in the skiffs. also the safty collar on the prop shaft maybe red and Doc's was all done in Red a blue

olbiezer
09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
just reread the add and the guy describes it as a biesemeyer,,,,,,would that be false advertising? if its a spctre splash?

canam10
09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
What was the letters given for the Jullian built Biesemeyers ? The Ray Brown built Bezers must have had different letters. Mine has the drains drilled, it looks like, in the same place as the one for sale. Maybe if I took the drain apart I could read the letters. Someone must have boats that the vin numbers can be read. Don't know why they would have done that to mine Tim

steve d
09-26-2005, 05:39 PM
What was the letters given for the Jullian built Biesemeyers ? The Ray Brown built Bezers must have had different letters. Mine has the drains drilled, it looks like, in the same place as the one for sale. Maybe if I took the drain apart I could read the letters. Someone must have boats that the vin numbers can be read. Don't know why they would have done that to mine Tim
I believe Browns boats Din #'s were ......ASK----sTEVE

steve d
09-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I believe Browns boats Din #'s were ......ASK----sTEVE
I MAY HAVE BLOWN THAT----I DO KNOW THAT ..."ASK".. IS LEGIT.....Steve

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
I don't believe its a splash. Julians ID was ASK which obviously stands for the name of his business Arizona Ski Boats. I'm guessing sss is a type error unless that was Norm Browns ID :confused:

olbiezer
09-26-2005, 07:44 PM
i found mic letters bez were for some guy named jim foster that built in az somewhere. anyway u saved me some cash if its not a real biezer i dont want it......

Sherpa
09-27-2005, 05:13 AM
so you are saying you have proof of the ID numbers not being what Julian's
build would have been? So then it's a splash and not a real beismeyer?
--Sherpa

olbiezer
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
if u are refering to something i said......i am trying to figure it out myself.....if the hin numbers are startting with sss as the ad said ........who knows? wish i knew

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
just reread the add and the guy describes it as a biesemeyer,,,,,,would that be false advertising? if its a spctre splash?
I can't believe anyone would think this is a sprectre splash! :messedup:
Wouldn't it be more likely that the ID number was typed in wrong or read wrong in the first place? You guys are killin me!
I would bet this is a Julian bezer. Both Julian and Norm had the holes in the side boards and Ray Brown ("RB" boats) cut out oposing triangles in their side boards.

Morg
09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=V-Drive Video] I would bet this is a Julian bezer. Both Julian and Norm had the holes in the side boards and Ray Brown ("RB" boats) cut out oposing triangles in their side boards.[QUOTE=V-Drive Video]
I knew you would awnser sooner or later :shift:

PETEROC
09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
FYI: The MIC "ASK" is for Biesmeyer boats by Steel in Phx., Az. "BEZ" is for Bezer Boats in Havasu Az. Seems to be a lot of confusion on who is or was making what! I bet there are some back door boats floatin' around too.
(You guys can also go the "Boat Safey" Part of the U.S. Coast Guard website for the MIC search feature to see who really made your boat according to MIC).

BILLY.B
09-28-2005, 06:31 AM
FYI: The MIC "ASK" is for Biesmeyer boats by Steel in Phx., Az. "BEZ" is for Bezer Boats in Havasu Az. Seems to be a lot of confusion on who is or was making what! I bet there are some back door boats floatin' around too.
(You guys can also go the "Boat Safey" Part of the U.S. Coast Guard website for the MIC search feature to see who really made your boat according to MIC). Ok here goes...ASK???????79 would of been a Julian hull #. Julian had the ASK on his hulls. Norm Brown bought the "Little boat" molds and the name Biesemeyer from Julian. I had one of these hulls but can't remember if the hull # started with ASK. When Ray Brown (no relation to Norm Brown) bought the little boat mold from Norm he did not want to pay the extra cash for the name Biesemeyer so he called them Bezer. Now the boat that I bought from Ray said RBBOATSK11. Have no idea about all the rest of the molds/ hulls and who did what with the hull #'s. Hope this helps.

Sherpa
09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
it appears to be a copy at this point...........
--Sherpa

Sherpa
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
sold for $9,113 bucks..................... met reserve at $8,500 like demonsta
said the guy told him............
I soo wanted to bid, but qouted shipping back to Calif was over 5k, and I
know at today's fuel costs it would easily take me for 1200 to go get it,
not to mention about 6 days of nothing but driving........ pass..........
--Sherpa

olbiezer
09-29-2005, 03:31 PM
hey sherpa dont feel bad ...the guy told me he would sell it for whatever was bid even if below the reserve........so whoever got it relly thinks ebay is a real auction or something...... not saying it wasent worth the money but.....it would have gone much lower if they just would have asked ..... :D

Norseman
09-29-2005, 06:07 PM
hey sherpa dont feel bad ...the guy told me he would sell it for whatever was bid even if below the reserve........so whoever got it relly thinks ebay is a real auction or something...... not saying it wasent worth the money but.....it would have gone much lower if they just would have asked ..... :D
Olbiezer;
I'm a little confused..... :rolleyes:
How could it have sold for less than the guys bidding, bid????? :confused:
The owner didn't bid it up, the buyers did..
Or do you know something we don't???? :squiggle:

olbiezer
09-29-2005, 06:09 PM
no norse i didnt know anything special just what the seller told me last week......he would have sold it for alot less then 9100 is all.....guess i should have said he would have sold it for less then the reserve......