PDA

View Full Version : Is it fast

DEL51
09-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Flattie and Sprint hit 105mph on my Centurion Tunnel, so far,my question is how much does weight affect this reading?This run was with Full Tanks, flattie and mark and a GPS.

dmontzsta
09-21-2005, 09:08 PM
very confused here. :idea:

Squirtcha?
09-22-2005, 05:13 AM
I've seen as much as 6 mph with an additional 180 lb. passenger. If you figure 15 gallons of fuel at 6 lbs per gallon, that's another 90 lbs.
That much additional weight could be pretty significant. My gps runs were done in a semi-v hull though.

BrendellaJet
09-22-2005, 05:33 AM
very confused here. :idea:
So am I-you can write but you cant read?

dmontzsta
09-22-2005, 06:20 AM
So am I-you can write but you cant read?
I guess I dont know who or what the heck flattie and sprint are?

flattie
09-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Flattie is me! and sprint was the guy behind the wheel driving. Chris my V-drive has went 6 mph faster without a passenger. I have not tried it with only 6 gallons of fuel yet and no mufflers. Someday maybe the man will just let me play with my v drive without being hassled! Lol

IMPATIENT 1
09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
i don't own a v-drive, but my jet seems to loose @5-7mph with @400lbs. of gear and peeps.the headers being uncorked seems to give up a couple more mph(done three different gps runs).my lake doesn't have patrol after 3 on the weekends and none during the weekdays,so we get noisy and have plenty of time to test.nothing like makin hard passes with open headers in frt. of a dam!even when lake patrol is there, they set and watch.small town life, ya got to love it. :D

FuelInMyVeins82
09-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Weight is huge in boat. Not only is it more to get moving but it also puts more of the hull in the water w/ creates more drag. In a dragster on land. I've heard 100lbs is a tenth. In a boat I've heard as little as 60lbs can cost you a .10 of a seond, but dont quote me on that.

MandDPerformance
09-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I have not tried it with only 6 gallons of fuel yet and no mufflers. Someday maybe the man will just let me play with my v drive without being hassled! Lol
If the "man" is hassling you, pick a different location. :rollside: :rollside:
I've seen as much as 1200 rpm with an additional 240 pound buddy in the boat. Could only turn 7500 with him and I immediately dumped him out. Next pass was 8700. Right where it should be. Props " be it in a pump or a V-Drive" are significantly affected by weight especially when it comes to lighter weight hot rods. We're so dependent upon efficiency based on weight. :notam:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Quite true. I don't notice a great deal of difference in my Taylor with the Admiral along (although I know there is one), but add a couple passengers and a cooler of fluids and her added "ballast" becomes painfully obvious.