PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfests

Man-de-lone
09-22-2005, 02:34 PM
I love going to Octoberfest. The beer, the brats, the potato salad, the desserts, the girls in those tight girdle shirt things....a dirndl? I think it is...like the Saint Paulie Girl wears...
http://www.lederhosen-aigner.de/assets/images/WENGER_DIRNDL1_klein.jpg
We have several Oktoberfest celebrations around San Diego, plus a Beer Festival this weekend. I try to go to several of them. El Cajon, La Mesa and I think Encinitas has them. If you haven't been to one, I would suggest you try to find some friends who like beer and check one out. :wink: Do you all have them in your areas too? I know we Germans are all over.... :hammerhea
SDPAC is proud to present
the 11th annual San Diego Festival of Beer!
Once again, join us in the streets of downtown San Diego to sample from over 100 microbrews supplied by more than 50 participating breweries. We also feature live music for your listening and dancing pleasure, and food vendors selling a variety of edibles. This year we've even expanded the event area to give you more room.
$25 gets you into the event and includes ten tastes of beer. (Each taste is 4 oz.) Additional tastes are available for purchase inside the event. First 3,000 into the event receive a free souvenir tasting glass to use and keep! A selection of fine wines is also available for purchase by the glass.
Event date: Friday, September 23, 2005
Event time: 6pm until 11pm
Cost: $25 entry (includes ten tastes; each taste is 4 ounces)
Live music: "Len Rainey and the Midnight Players" and "Night Shift"
Please note, this is a non-smoking event, and a 21-and-over event only.
No admittance without photo ID, and no children or pets permitted. Proceeds go to cancer prevention and awareness.
Beer by these breweries will be on tap:
Alaskan Brewing Co.
Alcatraz Brewing Co.
AleSmith Brewing Co.
Alpine Beer Co.
Avery Brewing Co.
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
Bear Republic Brewing Co.
Bierbitzch
Boston Beer Company
Brewery Ommegang
BrouCzech
Cerveceria Mexicana
Consorcio Cervecero de BC
Coronado Brewing Co.
Firehouse Brewing Co.
Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Green Flash Brewing Co.
Hoptown Brewing Co.
Karl Strauss Breweries
Klaster Beer
Kloster Reutberg
Kona Brewing Co.
La Jolla Brewery
La Jolla BrewHouse
Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Left Coast Brewing Co.
Mad River Brewing Co.
Main St. Brewery
Mendocino Brewing Co.
Moylans Brewing
Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co.
Paulaner
Pizza Port
Pyramid Breweries
Reaper Ale
Redhook Ale Brewery
Redstone Meadery
Rock Bottom Brewery
Royal Duffer Beverage Co.
Russian River Brewing Co.
San Rafael Crafted Ales
Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing
Shiner Beers
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
Stone Brewing Co.
Stripper Ale
Taylor's Restaurant & Brewery
Unibroue
Waimea Brewing Co.
Warsteiner USA
Widmer Brewing Co.
Wyder's Cider

redi4fun
09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Beer by these breweries will be on tap:
Alaskan Brewing Co.
Alcatraz Brewing Co.
AleSmith Brewing Co.
Alpine Beer Co.
Avery Brewing Co.
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
Bear Republic Brewing Co.
Bierbitzch
Boston Beer Company
Brewery Ommegang
BrouCzech
Cerveceria Mexicana
Consorcio Cervecero de BC
Coronado Brewing Co.
Firehouse Brewing Co.
Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Green Flash Brewing Co.
Hoptown Brewing Co.
Karl Strauss Breweries
Klaster Beer
Kloster Reutberg
Kona Brewing Co.
La Jolla Brewery
La Jolla BrewHouse
Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Left Coast Brewing Co.
Mad River Brewing Co.
Main St. Brewery
Mendocino Brewing Co.
Moylans Brewing
Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co.
Paulaner
Pizza Port
Pyramid Breweries
Reaper Ale
Redhook Ale Brewery
Redstone Meadery
Rock Bottom Brewery
Royal Duffer Beverage Co.
Russian River Brewing Co.
San Rafael Crafted Ales
Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing
Shiner Beers
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
Stone Brewing Co.
Stripper Ale
Taylor's Restaurant & Brewery
Unibroue
Waimea Brewing Co.
Warsteiner USA
Widmer Brewing Co.
Wyder's Cider
I can feel the headache from here. All the proceeds go to cancer prevention so I will sacrifice. :D
Mandelon, Rvrtoy was looking for some concrete advice in S.D., did he find you.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
I used to go to the one is La Mesa every year. Fun fun fun!!! :D

Man-de-lone
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I can feel the headache from here. All the proceeds go to cancer prevention so I will sacrifice. :D
Mandelon, Rvrtoy was looking for some concrete advice in S.D., did he find you.
Not yet.

totenhosen
09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I'll probably hit up the phoniex club in Anaheim. Check it out for those that haven't been there it is a good time.
http://www.thephoenixclub.com/

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
My father is one of the founding members of the Phoenix Club.....The restaraunt for lunch or dinner rocks....... :cool:
trivia....did you know the original Phoenix club location is where The Pond now stands?
Best Oktoberfest I went to was in Muenchen....the real deal. :wink:

ROZ
09-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Let me know when you go if your wife's friend with the big boobs and small top goes... I'll bring the camera :D

Man-de-lone
09-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I just invited her.... LOL :crossx:

Nord
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
I usually go to the beer garden at Alpine Village in Torence!!
Old World in Long beach is fun tooo!!

totenhosen
09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
My father is one of the founding members of the Phoenix Club.....The restaraunt for lunch or dinner rocks....... :cool:
trivia....did you know the original Phoenix club location is where The Pond now stands?
Best Oktoberfest I went to was in Muenchen....the real deal. :wink:
I use to go there when I was a little kid. I remember the shooting range in the back and one certain days they would have archery as well.

CA Stu
09-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll probably hit up the phoniex club in Anaheim. Check it out for those that haven't been there it is a good time.
http://www.thephoenixclub.com/
You can hammer beer and Jagermeister and shoot air rifles.
Then eat a potato pancake, drink more beer and Jagermeister, do the Chicken dance, and have a hell of a good time.
What's not to love?
Thanks
CA Stu <-- Phoenix club every year
PS 10 out of 10 for spelling it "Oktoberfest". Jawohl!

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I use to go there when I was a little kid. I remember the shooting range in the back and one certain days they would have archery as well.
Good ol' days eh....I was quite young(7) when we moved to San Diego Co. Our visits there got cut way back since then. I see a customer in LaHabra once in a while and always make time for some lunch there.
Your screen name makes me think everytime I see it..."Deadpants" what the heck does he mean?? LOL

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Alpine Village has change dramatically since back then.....so bummed they don't have the rides..... :D :D
Food still good there...dad and my wife went there recently for lunch.
Don't know if the theatre is still running or not ???

totenhosen
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Your screen name makes me think everytime I see it..."Deadpants" what the heck does he mean?? LOL
Punk band in Germany

My Man's Sportin' Wood
We went to the Big Bear one several years ago. It was fun then, but don't know if it has changed. It would make for a nice weekend trip, though. It runs for several weekends.

Nord
Alpine Village has change dramatically since back then.....so bummed they don't have the rides..... :D :D
Not sure about the food, usually too drunk to rate Broughtworst!!!
Its o.k. there, more family oriented!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Zig, did I ever tell you I was born in Germany? My family is in Wiesbaden. I have not been since I was 6 months old, but someday . . .

totenhosen
09-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Yup I remember the batting cages, roller coaster and ???
The market still has some of the best brats, pfeffer and salzstanger. Got to make sure you call early on Friday to have them save some of the dunnen bratwurst as they only have them on weekends and salle out quick.

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Zig, did I ever tell you I was born in Germany? My family is in Wiesbaden. I have not been since I was 6 months old, but someday . . .
Noooooo. :squiggle: ...........ah geez, now I like you even more :D You should go over and travel around some...its a whole different world to look at...
You still have familiy over there?

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Yup I remember the batting cages, roller coaster and ???
The market still has some of the best brats, pfeffer and salzstanger. Got to make sure you call early on Friday to have them save some of the dunnen bratwurst as they only have them on weekends and salle out quick.
All this yummy food talk, and I'm sure there won't be any Brats waiting for me at home :( LOL
Love a good landjaeger and roll while rolling down the highways.

WILDERTHANU
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Sweeet thread. My family frequents Alpine Village and the Phoniex club, and has since they arrived off the boat in 1955. My Oma and Opa shop at Alpine Village market atleast once a month to stock up. I've gone to the beer garden quite a few times since I was old enough to really throw 'em back with my elders, and I usually have trouble walking back to the car. I have a bunch of passes for Phoniex club already, gotta love this time of year!!

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Any one of you guys fluent in German?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Noooooo. :squiggle: ...........ah geez, now I like you even more :D You should go over and travel around some...its a whole different world to look at...
You still have familiy over there?
A couple of great-aunts and a passle of cousins. No one I know personally, but would like to meet them.

Debbolas
09-22-2005, 04:54 PM
We went to the Big Bear Festival one time, it was fun ;)
Sierra Nevada is my favorite!!! :D

CA Stu
09-22-2005, 05:07 PM
We went to the Big Bear Festival one time, it was fun ;)
Sierra Nevada is my favorite!!! :D
Yeah, that's German through and through! :messedup:
Prost!
CA Stu

Debbolas
09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Sierra Nevada? I just LIKE IT! :wink: Actually I had some Tustin Brewery Pale Ale at the fair that I actually liked better :p
When we went to the octoberfest in Big Bear, there were two huge busses full of lezbo's there. For sure, a different "flavor" to our Octoberfest :wink:
and the drive down the mountain, was kinda scary, we should all go to San Diego with Mandy :wink:

CA Stu
09-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Spaten Premium (http://www.spatenusa.com).
Once you taste this wunderbar German brew, you will see what a silly goose you were for besmirching your tastebuds with SNPA at Oktoberfest.
Thanks
CA Stu

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 05:16 PM
I preferred the Paulaner brew when I was in Munich....
Hey Deb....The Phoenix Club is in Anaheim...easy drive :wink:

totenhosen
09-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Any one of you guys fluent in German?
I am! I can conversate in German but my reading skills suck

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I am! I can conversate in German but my reading skills suck
Same here....I can read/write it but not with any fluidity. Much more proficient verbally.
I have people tell me I have no accent in either language....No german accent in English and vice versa.....
We'll have to hook up one of these dyas up at the Phoenix :cool:

Debbolas
09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I preferred the Paulaner brew when I was in Munich....
Hey Deb....The Phoenix Club is in Anaheim...easy drive :wink:
Let's go there!!! :cool:
I've SEEN Spaten Brew, I remember because I thought it said Sparten ( as in the Greeks) but was corrected.
K, I'll try it :cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-22-2005, 07:19 PM
BRIAN HEAD SKI RESORT has one every year ,i think i need to go and show them how to drink :idea: :D
That sounds like a great excuse for me to get back to Utah!!

JetBoatRich
09-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I used to go to Alpine Village in TORRANCE, j/k
This was back in the late 80's, heard it has changed a lot since then :(

Nord
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
I used to go to Alpine Village in TORRANCE, j/k
This was back in the late 80's, heard it has changed a lot since then :(
You terd! :D

JC
09-22-2005, 08:17 PM
If you go to the Phoenix Club, there is a link on their website to print a flyer for free admission for up to 6 people (normally $6/each).
http://www.thephoenixclub.com/pdfs/oktoberfest2005.pdf?PHPSESSID=2c027ef4b0ad97087a7d 68a5b6283ece
Look at the 2nd page.

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 10:06 PM
BRIAN HEAD SKI RESORT has one every year ,i think i need to go and show them how to drink :idea: :D
That brings back memories....way back when I had good knees I skied there, around 1978 I think....I remember the steep road ascending to the resort area. :)

duffster
09-23-2005, 05:33 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Debbolas
09-23-2005, 06:53 AM
That sounds like a great excuse for me to get back to Utah!!
PLEASE try to keep up :D We are going to the Phoenix club with Papa Z :D and drink Spaten beer :D

totenhosen
09-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I prefer Erdinger to Spaten. Either way good stuff. I'll probably be hitting up the Phoneix club towards the end of next month as I have crap to do every weekend for the next few weeks.

Debbolas
09-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Isn't the Phoenix Club near The Pond?
We might go there at the end of the month :cool:

Boy Named Sue
09-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Alpine Village Oktoberfights! Good times!

disco_charger
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Same here....I can read/write it but not with any fluidity. Much more proficient verbally.
I have people tell me I have no accent in either language....No german accent in English and vice versa.....
We'll have to hook up one of these dyas up at the Phoenix :cool:
My wife is fluent, she's a Kraut. I can speak about as much as my 21 month old son. We go back to Germany about 2 times a year (Mainz). Paulaner Kristalweizen is the only way to go. We'll be hitting the Phoenix club (as always) and will probably try to hit Old World this year too. I want to go to the Phoenix Club on a Sunday morning when they roast the ox on the spit!

Ziggy
09-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Isn't the Phoenix Club near The Pond?
Guess you missed my Trivia blurb...The Pond sits on where the original Phoenix Club was located....Anaheim relocated Phoenix club just east of it now.....I think its Ball Rd. exit...correct me if I'm wrong :confused:

Ziggy
09-23-2005, 05:09 PM
My wife is fluent, she's a Kraut. I can speak about as much as my 21 month old son. We go back to Germany about 2 times a year (Mainz). Paulaner Kristalweizen is the only way to go. We'll be hitting the Phoenix club (as always) and will probably try to hit Old World this year too. I want to go to the Phoenix Club on a Sunday morning when they roast the ox on the spit!
Way cool...I'm 100% but born in the States.......wife is 1/2 Swedish and prefers the wheat beers....go figure, you'd think Vodka for her :p

Debbolas
09-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Guess you missed my Trivia blurb...The Pond sits on where the original Phoenix Club was located....Anaheim relocated Phoenix club just east of it now.....I think its Ball Rd. exit...correct me if I'm wrong :confused:
Can we go there at the end of the month? (Sept 30th?) :cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
a freind has a condo up their,gave us a key about 4 years ago to the place,said to use it when ever we want,never went might need to check it out :cool:
Hope he didn't sell it LOL