PDA

View Full Version : What's In Your Wallet?????????

Rod-64
09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Rita could equal $5 gas
The timing and strength of the latest storm could cause worse spike at the pumps than Katrina did.
September 21, 2005: 5:46 PM EDT
By Chris Isidore, CNN/Money senior writer
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Remember when gas spiked to $3-plus a gallon after Hurricane Katrina? By this time next week, that could seem like the good old days.
Weather and energy experts say that as bad as Hurricane Katrina hit the nation's supply of gasoline, Hurricane Rita could be worse.
Katrina damage was focused on offshore oil platforms and ports. Now the greater risk is to oil-refinery capacity, especially if Rita slams into Houston, Galveston and Port Arthur, Texas.
"We could be looking at gasoline lines and $4 gas, maybe even $5 gas, if this thing does the worst it could do," said energy analyst Peter Beutel of Cameron Hanover. "This storm is in the wrong place. And it's absolutely at the wrong time," said Beutel.
Michael Schlacter, chief meteorologist at Weather 2000, said Rita now appears most likely to hit between Port Arthur and Corpus Christi, Texas, sometime between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
Just about all of Texas's refinery capacity lies in that at-risk zone. (For a look at CNN.com's coverage of Hurricane Rita, click here.)
"There is no lucky 7-10 split scenario to use a bowling analogy," he said. "If you're [a refiner] within 200 miles, you're going to feel the effect."

Boat N Babes
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
wow, thats just going to hurt...........
I ran and filled up both my boats, My Camper, and 2 cars................
I just dont understand something, just like when Katrina, hit, they raised the prices in anticipation, WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?
We buy gas at 50 bucks a barrel, but we anticipate it going up, so the gas i bought last week, i can sell for 70 buck a barrell...doesnt make sense to me...

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I'd like it much better if they'd anticipate it going down and lower the prices well before they actually do go down........for a change. :hammer2: