PDA

View Full Version : Almost Plane Crash At Lax

Kilrtoy
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Ok how many people watched with that sick little side, we all have inside, wanting to see it crash.... BE honest

SnakeWrench
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
That is honest. I would never want to see a plane crash. Just like I can't stand people that go to auto races to see crashes.

Ziggy
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
WTF???? Someone voted yes?? :hammerhea :hammerhea

GAME TIME
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I actually kind of clapped when it stopped completely. Good thing! :D

Kilrtoy
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't think the US needs any more bad mojo right now.
I never said we needed bad mojo....
But I know people have a very sick inner side. Who doesnt drive by a wreck and slow down to see something bad.....I see it every day....

jbtrailerjim
09-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Ok, I'll admit I wanted to see a little more action than what happened. No deaths or injuries etc....Just a little more drama.
I guess I'm a little warped. :messedup:

Mrs. Restless22
09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldnt ever want to see a plane crash. Hearing about them is bad enough.
Funny....when it landed and stopped completely...I had a big smile!

Sleek-Jet
I wouldn't have watched if it was something other than a cocked nose wheel.
I've had the distinct displeasure of actually watching an airplane crash (no fatalities though)... not something you really want to experience.

Jbb
I witnessed a Eastern Airlines Boeing 727 crash many years ago.....most onboard died.....most were burned...we helped who we could...the images,and smells are burned in my memory,and I wish I could erase them....
I have absolutely zero desire to ever see it again.... :(
This was the crash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Flight_66)

Moneypitt
09-22-2005, 05:47 PM
It was a pleasure to see some real pros at work! And NO I'm not talking about all the outside LE, bomb sqd. and just nosey peeps in the black and whites that had NO business there. LAX has it's own everything, needed nothing from outside, yet all these idiots have to show up to get in the way......Great job, to the pilots and airport personel, and to the rest, what job were you suppose to be doing while you were wasting time at LAX?.........MP
PS: I too have witnessed a plane crash, small plane, 4 fatals, no survivers. As mentioned, the sights and smells never go away..............Ray

PHX ATC
09-22-2005, 05:47 PM
NO!
Hello, McFly...I know you're just kidding, but when you're riding your motorcycle do you want to see an accident right in front of you if you could choose whether it happened or not? I know you'd choose not to see one, but that's horrible question to ask.
You know, I'm probably oversensitive to this stuff after 9-11 & watching those planes crash into the twin towers over and over and over and over and over again. Then again, a plane a day comes in with some sort of problem and has the equipment roll, so I'm numb to it.
Not bashing you Kilr, just on a rant, I'm hungry and need to be fed. :)

Kilrtoy
09-22-2005, 05:55 PM
NO!
Hello, McFly...I know you're just kidding, but when you're riding your motorcycle do you want to see an accident right in front of you if you could choose whether it happened or not? I know you'd choose not to see one, but that's horrible question to ask.
You know, I'm probably oversensitive to this stuff after 9-11 & watching those planes crash into the twin towers over and over and over and over and over again. Then again, a plane a day comes in with some sort of problem and has the equipment roll, so I'm numb to it.
First off I havent even voted yet.
Second EVERYONE has a sick side, I see it ever day at accident scenes
Third I dont ever want to see anyone hurt, OK, ALMOST EVERYONE
I was sitting on pins and needles watching this wishing nothing but the best...
and hoping that it was an X-MILITARY PILOT IN THERE.
Where I am coming from is......
Every news channel had this live... The first second they were ok and no death and destruction, the news was almost IMMEDIATELY CUT....
That would leave one to wonder

Sleek-Jet
09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
NO!
I bet no one mentions the controllers in all of this.
Not to get to sappy, but it helps to have a nice calm voice on the other end of the radio when things get dicey.

SnakeWrench
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok how many people watched with that sick little side, we all have inside, wanting to see it crash.... BE honest
Dude, think if someone you cared about was on that plane, you wished for something as sick as seeing a "little more action' or a "crash", then as you watch the list of names of people that lost their lives, you see a friend or relitive that you didn't know was on it. How would you feel to know you wished for the outcome?
Think about it

PHX ATC
09-22-2005, 06:06 PM
First off I havent even voted yet.
Second EVERYONE has a sick side, I see it ever day at accident scenes
Third I dont ever want to see anyone hurt, OK, ALMOST EVERYONE
I was sitting on pins and needles watching this wishing nothing but the best...
and hoping that it was an X-MILITARY PILOT IN THERE.
Where I am coming from is......
Every news channel had this live... The first second they were ok and no death and destruction, the news was almost IMMEDIATELY CUT....
That would leave one to wonder
News channels aren't for news, they are for entertainment. I do see your point.

Kilrtoy
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Dude, think if someone you cared about was on that plane, you wished for something as sick as seeing a "little more action' or a "crash", then as you watch the list of names of people that lost their lives, you see a friend or relitive that you didn't know was on it. How would you feel to know you wished for the outcome?
Think about it
Dont have to ALREADY BEEN THERE

PHX ATC
09-22-2005, 06:09 PM
I bet no one mentions the controllers in all of this.
Not to get to sappy, but it helps to have a nice calm voice on the other end of the radio when things get dicey.
That's the way we like it, to be honest, nary a mention.
Calm, clear, and concise because everybody will analyze the shit out of the digital voice recordings and find fault somewhere...hence lawsuits.
They cheated death again and that's a good landing. :D

LUVNLIFE
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
We were down at Chuy's and when it landed safely everyone clapped and cheered. That was cool. :cool:

barbigrl
09-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I was at Marie Calenders, and saw it land!! Everyone was watching it!!

JetBoatRich
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
who would like to see a plane crash :burningm:
I was driving down Sepulveda Blvd under the run way about an hour prior to the landing, a lot of activity and rescue vehicles :supp:
glad to hear it landed safe and nobod hurt

Riverkid
09-22-2005, 07:15 PM
I never said we needed bad mojo....
But I know people have a very sick inner side. Who doesnt drive by a wreck and slow down to see something bad.....I see it every day....
Me. I've already had enough grisle in this lifetime, and I don't need to see any more. Need a hand, I'm there. Do whatever I can to help, and that can be a lot. Stop 5 lanes of traffic to lookey-loo a wreck going the other way? I'm the one on your ash, standing on the horn...
I don't get peeps these days. I think TV or something has totally desensitized them, or worse. Anybody that can stop in traffic to scope out an accident with victims is a POS in my book. :frown:

BarryMac
09-23-2005, 05:41 AM
Would never want to see a Plane crash, I was really happy to see it safe and sound with only damage to the front landing gear. As someone mentioned to have that calm voice on the other end had to be comforting to the Pilot, they actually played a very small portion of the conversation between the two and they were speaking like it was just another landing. My question would be more along these lines. Do you think the Pilot and Co-Pilot will get a big fat bonus? Will they ever have to pay for another drink as long as they live? :D :D

NOTALENT
09-23-2005, 05:45 AM
I had my Minolta XJ7 waiting just in case it did when they were thinking of going down in Long Beach. Glad they made it out ok.

Tremor Therapy
09-23-2005, 06:01 AM
The only time I slow down at a crash is if I have too. My parents lost a very dear friend back in the 70's when those 2 jets collided on the same runway....I don't ever want to see a plane crash!

Her454
09-23-2005, 06:21 AM
I have NO desire to see a plane crash, I've seen one crash at an airshow and it was horrible.
My heart went out to the families who HAD to watch that and suffer not knowing if it was going to crash.

Daytona100
09-23-2005, 12:00 PM
That was one Hell of a landing. That pilot and crew deserve a big raise. Kinda makes you feel good when you see talented people perform at there best. Thank GOD it turned out the way it did. :D

ptboat
09-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I was hoping to see people jumping out of the door as soon as the plane came to a stop. But no !!! they stay in the plane for a long time, probably make sure they would get all their belonging. My question is, shouldn't the passanger evacuate the plane as soon as possible ?? Many things could happen afterward. :idea:

NoCal NoBoat
09-23-2005, 12:52 PM
My wife and I were thrilled with yesterday's outcome.
We were happy for the safety of the passengers, crew, and aircraft.
We fly Jet Blue at least twice a year to New York, and we've flown them to Orlando. My wife took one of their first flights out of Oakland to JFK, and they are the first schedule we look at whenever we are travelling.
We always try to catch the name on the nose of the plane (Jet Blue names all its aircraft - always something "Blue", i.e. Blue Bird - I haven't had the chance to fly my personal favorite - Bada Bing, Bada Blue yet). I'm pretty sure I've never been on Canyon Blue, but it looks like it will fly again after some repairs and a serious going over.
We don't work for Jet Blue or AirBus. But they've consistently given us the best service. The planes are always nearly new, and the flight crews seem to really enjoy their jobs.
I took my daughter to college last month and had to use another carrier. I really missed my Direct TV and three channels of ESPN !!
We were happy to see them make lemonade out of a big lemon yesterday.
PT Boat - I'm guessing that you didn't see an evacuation because there was no visible smoke or fire (once they got stopped), plus they had plenty of eyes watching them to tell them what was going on outside. You would have had injuries if they had to use the slides.