PDA

View Full Version : Gosh Darn Jet Boats

Cole1313
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
While pulling my lady on the wakeboard. Some low free board jet boat comes right in front of me and puts the rooster in the air. Well needless to say, I am towing a boarder and I can not see. Soaked the entire inside of the boat. Wallet, phone, stereo everything, WET. Can you guys please have some courtesy out there. Just because I drive a wake board boat does not mean I am an a$$. We all have to share the same water ways.
Thanks for letting me vent.

superdave013
09-23-2005, 06:08 AM
:D

lucky
09-23-2005, 06:24 AM
don't you know free board challenged boats have the right of way ?
kinda like when you where kids and your little brother got to do what ever he wanted , cause -- after all he was the cute one ... lol

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2005, 06:29 AM
While pulling my lady on the wakeboard. Some low free board jet boat comes right in front of me and puts the rooster in the air. Well needless to say, I am towing a boarder and I can not see. Soaked the entire inside of the boat. Wallet, phone, stereo everything, WET. Can you guys please have some courtesy out there. Just because I drive a wake board boat does not mean I am an a$$. We all have to share the same water ways.
seems like there's more to the story.most jetters do this for payback.did you cut him off or roll a wake at him?i only roost somebody if there jumping my wake or getting way to close to my boat.nothing like giving lake lice a 550hp
enema(spelling?).

riverbound
09-23-2005, 06:33 AM
seems like there's more to the story.most jetters do this for payback.did you cut him off or roll a wake at him?i only roost somebody if there jumping my wake or getting way to close to my boat.nothing like giving lake lice a 550hp
enema(spelling?).
hmmmm...I was kind of thinking the same thing :idea: Of course I would NEVER roost someone out of revenge ;)

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 07:56 AM
I never did anything to this guy. He just rolled by and I think without thinking putit up in the air and roosted my boat. It is OK I have a mental picture of the boat and when I finally pull my jet out of the garage it is on.

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2005, 08:01 AM
I never did anything to this guy. He just rolled by and I think without thinking putit up in the air and roosted my boat. It is OK I have a mental picture of the boat and when I finally pull my jet out of the garage it is on.
he was just an asshole then. yeh, break out the jet and blast his ass!eye 4 an eye mofo!

blender over
09-23-2005, 10:14 AM
oh boy here we go again :boxingguy
Cant we all just get along :D

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 10:22 AM
oh boy here we go again :boxingguy
Cant we all just get along :D
I get along with most everyone. I have a jet boat and a wakeboard boat. You just get these guys from time to time that have no idea what they hell they are doing. The area where we were at was small and he really had no where to go. However you should all be reposible for what out boat does. Wake, Roost whatever.
I hate whackers! :argue: :) :) :)

riverbound
09-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Me too...I miss working on my broken down boat all the time ;)

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Me too...I miss working on my broken down boat all the time ;)
Is that the new stoker in your sig???? Bitchen boat! To bad its A WHACKER! hahahaha

riverbound
09-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Is that the new stoker in your sig???? Bitchen boat! To bad its A WHACKER! hahahaha
Yep thats her.....I know those damn whackers run forever, so I cant justify upgrades as easily as I did with the jet. Well the _____ broke so Let me put a bigger better one in :wink:

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Yep thats her.....I know those damn whackers run forever, so I cant justify upgrades as easily as I did with the jet. Well the _____ broke so Let me put a bigger better one in :wink:
I hear you on that one. Harder to work on, that is for sure. That's the cool thing with Jets is that you can bascially do everything yourself. To work on the whackers you need ELF hands.

riverbound
09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
I hear you on that one. Harder to work on, that is for sure. That's the cool thing with Jets is that you can bascially do everything yourself. To work on the whackers you need ELF hands.
but thats only when you have to work on them....300 hrs and all it has needed has been normal service. We did the heads jsut because, but other than that it starts everytime and has been very reliable.

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 11:50 AM
but thats only when you have to work on them....300 hrs and all it has needed has been normal service. We did the heads jsut because, but other than that it starts everytime and has been very reliable.
Good to know, but I will still never own one. We just bought the Nautique and it is the same thing, starts everytime, quite and pulls like a mother. Nothing beats the handling of a direct drive. It corners and turns like its on rails. Just not fast enough to catch the damn Jet boats that spray water all over the place.

Jordy
09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Me too. It sucks to be able to run WFO all day and not use lots of fuel. Twin big blocks are much better. :notam:
Then again, when you're only running 40 mph, what's the point of a great power plant anyway, right??? :D

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Me too. It sucks to be able to run WFO all day and not use lots of fuel. Twin big blocks are much better. :notam:
Then again, when you're only running 40 mph, what's the point of a great power plant anyway, right??? :D
That's right Jordy! No reason to run over 45 mph. Just got to make sure they start everytime out.

riverbound
09-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Hey....its actually 45 MPH...and I have got 500HP each.

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey....its actually 45 MPH...and I have got 500HP each.
Your boat only runs at 45 too! See Jordy I am not the only one. A Stoker and COLE that run at 45. hummmmmmm

riverbound
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Your boat only runs at 45 too! See Jordy I am not the only one. A Stoker and COLE that run at 45. hummmmmmm
I wasnt talking about the Stoker, I was tlaking about the BIG BLOCK powered boat.
The Stoker runs 90 all day on 300 HP and starts EVERY time :D

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:23 PM
I wasnt talking about the Stoker, I was tlaking about the BIG BLOCK powered boat.
The Stoker runs 90 all day on 300 HP and starts EVERY time :D
Oh the red and white one you are selling? Any hits yet.

Jordy
09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey now, my Spectre runs 45 too. That's just not where it stops though. ;)

riverbound
09-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh the red and white one you are selling? Any hits yet.
Had a few... but with the boat being in Parker its hard to show it to potential buyers, Im bringing it home this weekend though.
Oh and its actually orange and white. :D

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Had a few... but with the boat being in Parker its hard to show it to potential buyers, Im bringing it home this weekend though.
Oh and its actually orange and white. :D
Same here on mine. Had a guy in CA call but we could not nail down a time after 4 weeks of trying.

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey now, my Spectre runs 45 too. That's just not where it stops though. ;)
Good to know Jordy! :sleeping: :sleeping:

riverbound
09-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Same here on mine. Had a guy in CA call but we could not nail down a time after 4 weeks of trying.
Yah and then if thay decide not to buy it leave them out there :D
Yah sir let me take you to the boat pack a bag.....spend the weekend out there....what you dont want to buy it?? good luk getting home :devil:

Cole1313
09-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Yah and then if thay decide not to buy it leave them out there :D
Yah sir let me take you to the boat pack a bag.....spend the weekend out there....what you dont want to buy it?? good luk getting home :devil:
That's it!! At least you have the place. We were going to meet at Blythe, half way for both of us. I can just imagine my a$$ sitting there waiting for the guy, and he never shows.
Well worst case I would be at the river, so I could not get that mad.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Cole, what lake was this at? If it was local what did his boat look like????

Cole1313
09-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Cole, what lake was this at? If it was local what did his boat look like????
It was at Mojave about three weeks ago! It was a blown solid red with a yellow strip boat. I looked like a Hallett, but not sure. I would know the boat if I saw it again, and it had AZ numbers.

moneysucker
09-25-2005, 07:50 AM
It wasn't me. I have a race nozzle and no jetovator. Besides, I am the biggest wuss when it comes to doing stuff like that. I don't want anyone stopping by my boat and doing anything to it to get back at me while I am not around. :burningm:

red rocker fan
11-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Theres Noting wrong with wackers. I had a jet Loved It. Dident like soping for fuel every 5 hours.I can run two days with the Wacker.

HCS
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
You know. One time these guys were fishing, and no one else was on the lake but us and them.
The water was as smooth as a babies butt. We had been skiing all day long and running low on fuel.
Well, I'm driving and my bro is skiing. So I'm thinking. I'll take him right by the fisherman so he can show them what he's got.
So he lays down an awesome set and throws a 10 foot wall of water right over the top of their fishinboat. Soaks the shit out of em.
They just got drenched!
Guess what? Our boat runs out of fuel. Right then!
So my brother sits in the water with his ski, right by the fisherman,
and guess what? Our boat is out of gas.
So my brother yells at us and says, "What's up?" So I say, "Where out of fuel."
So he looks at the fisherman and says, "How about a tow?" :D
Now that's boating. :crossx: