PDA

View Full Version : Donations Found at La. Official's Home

HocusPocus
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Police found cases of food, clothing and tools intended for hurricane victims at the home of the chief administrative officer for a New Orleans suburb, authorities said Wednesday.
Officers searched Cedric Floyd's home because of complaints that city workers were helping themselves to donations for hurricane victims. Floyd, who runs the day-to-day operations in the suburb of Kenner, was in charge of distributing the goods.
Police plan to seek a charge of committing an illegal act as a public official against Floyd, and more charges against other city workers are possible, police Capt. Steve Caraway said.
The donations filled a large pickup truck four times. "It was an awful lot of stuff," Caraway said.
The donated materials must be processed as evidence but eventually will be distributed to victims. "We have lots of families that are begging for these supplies," said Attorney General Charles Foti, whose office assisted in the investigation.
Attempts to reach Floyd were unsuccessful at home numbers listed under his name in Kenner. His office number went unanswered after business hours.
Philip Ramon, chief of staff to Kenner Mayor Philip Capitano, has said city officials were investigating the alleged pilfering but added that many employees were themselves hurricane victims.
hmmmmm... this just isn't right.

JetBoatRich
09-22-2005, 07:15 PM
hmmmmm... this just isn't right.
amazing :burningm: stealing from people who lost almost evreything they had :mad:

mbrown2
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow....and tradegy is supposed to bring out the virtuous side of people....well the NO tradegy seems to have brought out the direct opposite..

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
get a rope
If it's true, I hope they fry the bas**** and he loses everything he owns trying to defend himself to no avail. A rope would save time and money.

JetBoatRich
09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
get a rope
sounds fair to me :sqeyes:

MagicMtnDan
09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I wonder what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would say about that guy. They probably are busy defending him since the guy was only taking what society has kept from him. :hammer2:

jdogginla
09-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I wonder what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would say about that guy. They probably are busy defending him since the guy was only taking what society has kept from him. :hammer2:
You're assuming he's black :hammerhea

Man-de-lone
09-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Equal time for the Whiskey Tangos too. Did you hear the chick on Howard Stern this moring trying to sell TV's, cell phones and stereos that her husband and brother had looted from New Orleans suburbs? She wanted Howard to plug her stuff. She has 10 Sony 42" flat screens, only $900 each.
She justified the thefts by explaining that if they hadn't stolen it, the floods would have ruined it anyway. Most stores didn't have flood insurance, but were covered for theft, so they did the store owner a favor.... :rolleyes: :notam:

Carbon Dave
09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Equal time for the Whiskey Tangos too. Did you hear the chick on Howard Stern this moring trying to sell TV's, cell phones and stereos that her husband and brother had looted from New Orleans suburbs? She wanted Howard to plug her stuff. She has 10 Sony 42" flat screens, only $900 each.
She justified the thefts by explaining that if they hadn't stolen it, the floods would have ruined it anyway. Most stores didn't have flood insurance, but were covered for theft, so they did the store owner a favor.... :rolleyes: :notam:
I heard her too. What a frickin idiot. And Howard kept asking he if she felt she was doing anything wrong......"nope" I hope they got her name and nail her to the wall. She seemed like she was stupid enough to give it.
These kind of people will get what they deserve. It is called Karma and it will get them in the end.

AirtimeLavey
09-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Disgusting... :burningm:

rrrr
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Business as usual in the New Orleans area. Everyone is corrupt and looking for a handout. They "DESERVE IT" baby. :yuk: :yuk:

Brooski
09-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Ron, you gonna be safe? You anywhere near the path of Rita? (I flunked geography) If so, prayers will be with you. Stay safe and protect that beautiful boat. Let us know.....

beyondhelpin
09-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Guess I should not be suprised.

BoatPI
09-23-2005, 05:35 AM
I just read a story where a Moreno (crip) Velly couple applied for tens of thousands of dollars in assistance claiming that they lived in N.O and had their house wiped out. Someone recgonized them as locals! Now in federal custody. This will continue. Being greedy is part of some humans nature. We need to build more federal prisons for them. Perhaps off of Desert Center Road.

rrrr
09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Ron, you gonna be safe? You anywhere near the path of Rita? (I flunked geography) If so, prayers will be with you. Stay safe and protect that beautiful boat. Let us know.....
We are gonna get lots of rain, predictions of 4-8 inches. The coast is about 300 miles from here.
One of my employees drove to Houston yesterday to get his kids (ex has custody). It took four hours for him to get from North Houston to West Houston, normally a 30 minute drive.
He left Houston around 7 PM, drove on back roads hoping to avoid traffic jams. By 3:00 this morning he had only gone 115 miles. It's crazy down there.
I've been working on the Howard the last few nights, getting ready for the annual big bash on the Brazos River. Have you ever color sanded the transom of a v-drive? :rolleyes: There's a lot of stuff in the way.
Thanks for asking...... :D

Brooski
09-23-2005, 01:43 PM
We are gonna get lots of rain, predictions of 4-8 inches. The coast is about 300 miles from here.
One of my employees drove to Houston yesterday to get his kids (ex has custody). It took four hours for him to get from North Houston to West Houston, normally a 30 minute drive.
He left Houston around 7 PM, drove on back roads hoping to avoid traffic jams. By 3:00 this morning he had only gone 115 miles. It's crazy down there.
I've been working on the Howard the last few nights, getting ready for the annual big bash on the Brazos River. Have you ever color sanded the transom of a v-drive? :rolleyes: There's a lot of stuff in the way.
Thanks for asking...... :D
Glad to hear you are out of the path. As for the color sanding, that is why you should own a jet. :D :D :D