PDA

View Full Version : Watching themselves....

Jbb
09-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Had to be kinda ...surreal... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050922/ap_on_re_us/airliner_emergency;_ylt=Al.2lg9XLhXhcy7fpa6QH5Ss0N UE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-)

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 07:36 AM
This was about the lamest thing to be on news All the experts were not worried. A quick reference would have sufficed. The risk was very very low of anything bad happening.
I like how the reporters keep saying how the pilot landed the plane with the "rear" wheels first.....like these planes normally land on the front wheel? F'ing dumb ass talking heads. Hear we are with a catagory 5 hurricane off of Texas and the news was 100% coverage of a plane that experts were not worried about. Over sensationalizing the incident scared the shit out of many of the passengers and relatives and friends of the passengers. I am so glad I gave up all t.v. a couple years ago - it is pathetic.
The only person who deserves credit is the pilot....and go figure...the guy was a professional trained to handle emergencies. The passengers were at WAY greater risk riding in the buses back to Burbank....yet we didn't see any coverage of that.
Pilots.... plural... there were two of them up front. :D
Other than that... I agree.

Her454
09-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Im wondering about a comment I heard this morning. The flight attendants were relocating baggage to the rear of the plane and "moving children to safer seats". I've been told in the past by both United Airlines and Continental, that ALL seats are equal as far as safety and location on the plane. I think they lied to me. :D

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Im wondering about a comment I heard this morning. The flight attendants were relocating baggage to the rear of the plane and "moving children to safer seats". I've been told in the past by both United Airlines and Continental, that ALL seats are equal as far as safety and location on the plane. I think they lied to me. :D
I've never heard of that. What they might have been doing is taking bags out of the overhead bins, to keep them from becoming dislodged and flying about the cabin upon "impact" (if there was one).
The moving kids to "safer" seats sounds like a load of media crap to me.

pjones
09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Seems to me if the plane had come to a fairly sudden stop,
all of the baggage they moved to rear would pretty much
end up in the front.... :idea:

Her454
09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of that. What they might have been doing is taking bags out of the overhead bins, to keep them from becoming dislodged and flying about the cabin upon "impact" (if there was one).
The moving kids to "safer" seats sounds like a load of media crap to me.
Actually they said it had to do with weight ratio, they were trying to lighten the front of the plane. But I dont trust any of them now since they lied to me about seats. :D

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
whoa, mr happy !! :( it's easy to have a opinion/comment on something that has already come to a close. what would you say if the sparks caught the plane on fire, or the "front-wheel" arm were to break off and the plane did a nose dive, and people did get hurt ? :idea: and since when is it dangerous to ride in a bus to burbank ? :idea: - keyes
In the case of a nose gear collapse, more people would have gotten hurt slidding down the chutes than in the landing.
I'm just waiting for the outcry of why they didn't evacuate the airplane as soon as it came to a stop.... Scary Mary, where are you???????? :boxingguy

Jbb
09-23-2005, 07:51 AM
I want to know why the Government wasnt there sooner to deplane the passengers.... :devil:

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 07:53 AM
I want to know why the Government wasnt there sooner to deplane the passengers.... :devil:
Bush hates low fare airline passangers.... :idea:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-23-2005, 07:57 AM
This was about the lamest thing to be on news All the experts were not worried. A quick reference would have sufficed. The risk was very very low of anything bad happening.
I like how the reporters keep saying how the pilot landed the plane with the "rear" wheels first.....like these planes normally land on the front wheel? F'ing dumb ass talking heads. Hear we are with a catagory 5 hurricane off of Texas and the news was 100% coverage of a plane that experts were not worried about. Over sensationalizing the incident scared the shit out of many of the passengers and relatives and friends of the passengers. I am so glad I gave up all t.v. a couple years ago - it is pathetic.
The only person who deserves credit is the pilot....and go figure...the guy was a professional trained to handle emergencies. The passengers were at WAY greater risk riding in the buses back to Burbank....yet we didn't see any coverage of that.
I thought there was something wrong with me because I was thinknig the same thing. I was listening to am1070 on my drive home and the commentray was completely moronic. Now, I am no expert nor was I or any of my loved ones on the plane, but I thought the news was making a huge deal out of a minor problem.
The pilot landed the plane exactly how I anticipated and all is well and fine.

Jbb
09-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Bush hates low fare airline passangers.... :idea:
I aint exactly fond of em myself.... :smile: ...even though Im one of em.....

Blown 472
09-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I am so glad I gave up all t.v. a couple years ago - it is pathetic.
Not shit my brutha.

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 08:21 AM
holy moly, did you have a bad experience with a television while growing up ?? hence the "hard-on" for tv !! and just because someone doesn't agree with your babbling, it's not ignorance !! experts are not going to get on tv and say, yep these people are fuc ked and they're all going to die, of course they are going to sugar coat it.
Jeez, there wasn't anything to sugar coat... At worst the airplane would have ended up on the side of the runway on it's nose. No fire, no carnage, just a bent Frog airplane and a couple people with injuries from the evacuation.

superdave013
09-23-2005, 09:59 AM
If you don't watch tv how do you know what the reporters were saying?

Tom Brown
09-23-2005, 02:53 PM
You're getting to be more and more like MMD every day. :idea:

BajaMike
09-23-2005, 03:00 PM
LMAO.......ya....George Bush blew it again.. :( :hammerhea :2purples:

Tom Brown
09-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh, you are so clever.
I don't recall anyone calling for sarcasm.