PDA

View Full Version : ever see one of these v drives before?

superdave013
09-23-2005, 08:38 AM
take a look (http://cgi.ebay.com/haynes-hellyer-v-drive_W0QQitemZ4576170362QQcategoryZ102700QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem)

Moneypitt
09-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Note the r/s shift lever, do they make right turns when circle racing??......MP

coolchange
09-23-2005, 06:57 PM
yes

obnoxious001
09-23-2005, 07:32 PM
"ever see one of these v drives before? "
How many of you have seen an Everingham boat, that it came out of. Most of the Aussie boats are right hand drive, thus the shift handle on the right side. Some of their V bottom boats are much faster than ours, due to the fact that they are "purpose built" for racing, rather than as pleasure boats, so they are really narrow, and push less water. I was down there for a couple of ski races early this year. Their summer is just about to start as well, think about that.

Razors Edge
09-24-2005, 01:31 PM
The Australian built Haynes-Hellyer V-Drive is used by a lot of Aussie circuit and ski racers. Phillip Haynes still makes them and they are a good strong box. A number of the BAD (Blown Alcohol Displacement) guys use them, they have 2 models available, the smaller of the 2 is good to about 1000 or 1200hp and the other 1 is for bigger hp. They are available in either left or right hand rotation, (drivin off either the nose or flywheel end) but all our races down here are left turn tho.
Cant say I have ever seen a right hand drive circuit or ski 'race' boat down here, plenty of river/pleasure boats are right hand drive tho.
I intend to use one of their boxes in my new boat as they are tried and proven in our application, and the parts are readily available, downunder.
Last time I priced them they were similar in Aus $$ as the Casale are in US$$.
Hope this helps, I have got an eMail address for Haynes-Hellyer if anyone wants it, yell out and i will dig it out