PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook sync???

KACHINA KEN
09-23-2005, 09:40 AM
How do you sync your calender in MS Outlook with MS Outlook on another machine? I'm Mac but we use Entourage which is exactly the same. and made by MS also.

KACHINA KEN
09-23-2005, 09:48 AM
My buddy Jud wrote Entourage. High school computer nerd from Indio does good story.
I thought I was the only one with a friend named Judd.

BajaMike
09-23-2005, 09:50 AM
How do you sync your calender in MS Outlook with MS Outlook on another machine? I'm Mac but we use Entourage which is exactly the same. and made by MS also.
You can either do a file export (highlight your calendar, then click on File, Import/Export, select "Export" and follow the directions)....then copy that file to the other machine and import it....just like above.
Or, you can move everything from one machine to the other one by moving the "outlook.pst" file.....which is where Outlook usually stores all your mail, contacts, calendar...everything.
P.M. me if you want, I can walk you through it....
:argue: :( :wink: :boxed:

h2oski2fast
09-23-2005, 10:15 AM
You should be able to do it through email. If you want it to always synced, then you'll hqave to setup a server to do that.

MagicMtnDan
09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Export a .pst file for your calendar, tasks, etc.
Then close Outlook and then re-open it and e-mail the .pst file to your other machine (or save it to a disk). You can't e-mail the .pst file until you close and re-open Outlook (no, I don't know why).
Then import the file(s) to your new machine.
This solution won't keep it current and depends on your updating the other computer with updated .pst files.

Beer-30
09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
You don't like 496s, but you'll run a Mac? Macs in the PC world are 496s to your world. Very similar comparison. :D

KACHINA KEN
09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
You don't like 496s, but you'll run a Mac? Macs in the PC world are 496s to your world. Very similar comparison. :D
Sheeeeit, take that mess somewhere else.......... :messedup: :messedup:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
MACs are still around?

Jordy
09-23-2005, 12:14 PM
MACs are still around?
Yeah, McDonald's even has them on sale from time to time. Le Big Mac. :D

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Mac.... freakin' hippy.... :220v: :crossx: :crossx: :D :D :D