PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a link to a video of that JetBlue landing?

Lake Ape
09-23-2005, 11:04 AM
I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net yet. Anyone have a link to the JetBlue landing?
Thanks,
Lake Ape!!

Rod-64
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
www.cnn.com
3rd story down on right, click watch

topless
09-23-2005, 11:11 AM
I saw it and it looked like a better landing than most of the ones I've experienced that had no problems. :jawdrop:

Norseman
09-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I wonder how many passengers will be renting cars to return home?????? :rolleyes:

topless
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
I wonder how many passengers will be renting cars to return home?????? :rolleyes:
Weren't they on their way to New York?

topless
09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
You can drive to NY now. They finished the bridge. :D
Thats good to know. Are they done with the tunnel to Hawaii yet???

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Got this from another board from a frog-bus pilot...
It wasn't me, and anybody could have done the same thing. The press as usual was making a big to do about nothing. The aircraft is designed to have the nose wheel steering mechanism center the gear at liftoff. If it does not center, the system will turn the wheel 90 degrees on purpose. All this is to keep the nose gear from being cocked at say 45 degrees which would be a much bigger problem. Airbus knew what they were doing. Although this should probably be a one in a million event, it has happened twice before with the same result. Still a great job, but a very anticipated outcome. I'm glad it wasn't me though, because the Captain is going to be writing letters and answering questions for a very long time. As to ending the career, I'm looking forward to the usual boredom of airline flying. RV's are much more fun and usually more exciting.
Oh yeah, the RV he is talking about is an airplane, not a Winnebego. :D

HCS
09-23-2005, 11:24 AM
You know JetBlue use to be ValueJet. :eek:

Sleek-Jet
09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
You know JetBlue use to be ValueJet. :eek:
No... ValueJet is now AirTran....
JetBlue was started from scratch to offer low cost coast to coast and Eastern Seabord routes with a few perks that other carriers didn't offer (like TV's at every seat and larger leather chairs).

HCS
09-23-2005, 11:48 AM
No... ValueJet is now AirTran....
JetBlue was started from scratch to offer low cost coast to coast and Eastern Seabord routes with a few perks that other carriers didn't offer (like TV's at every seat and larger leather chairs).
Figures. Some joker I work with said it was ValueJet.
The way things are going their probably all going to be bought out or merged together anyways. :notam: