PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane traffic problems

blowngas
09-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, wouldn't you know it-----thousands of people trying to get out of major citys can't get out!!!-----you would think that the Texas DOT and the state law enforcement guys would get off their butts and take out the damn red lights that every little town has at least 10 or 12 of-----this was one of the biggest problems occouring for people trying to get out of the valley in 1980 on I-37-----the damn traffic lights were still in service in a crappy town south of San Antonio that was still being used, as that part of the Interstate wasn't finished--------now the same scene is repeating itself-----people are running out of gas and can't make the city limits!!!!-----and then every county and town on the coast, up to 50 miles inland is calling for an immediate evacuation------this has got to be the biggest cluster f*@k I have ever seen------but since the mayor of New Orleans and the governor of Louisana screwed the pooch, everyone is making sure to cover their own ass,irreguardless-----this weekend should be the biggest boom to the states economy ever------every hotel, motel, room is booked from Laredo to Colorado-----every grocery store, convience store, gas station is out of gas, food, ice, and patience-----what a deal!!!!

Sweet Addiction
09-24-2005, 04:23 AM
People are just Freakin out. I am just going to stay and chill here. :cool:

H2OT TIMES
09-24-2005, 09:01 AM
They need to open some of the inbound lanes to outbound traffic as well. Why have inbound lanes sitting empty with traffic at a standstill going out??

rrrr
09-24-2005, 09:18 AM
They need to open some of the inbound lanes to outbound traffic as well. Why have inbound lanes sitting empty with traffic at a standstill going out??
Over 125 miles of I-45 between Houston and Dallas was switched to one way traffic two days ago. Blowngas, the road system isn't designed to handle this much traffic, and besides, why is it always the guvmint's fault?
One of my emplyees left Dallas Wed. afternoon to get his kids in West Houston. It took 11 hours to get there, normally a 3 1/2 hour drive. He left Houston at 7 PM, drove until 3 AM to get to Brenham, 110 miles away. Yesterday he drove 13 hours to get to Waco, another 100 miles. This is all on back roads. He is going to stay there today and leave around 3 tomorrow morning for Dallas.
This is scary sh*t. I hope it isn't too bad, but NO is already flooding again. The levees have failed.

taylormanss
09-26-2005, 06:53 AM
hey blowngas was that your brother's daycruiser sitting in Orange Grove?

blowngas
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
daycruiser sitting in Orange Grove?
nope, It's mine---thought maybe the storm might turn south, and figured maybe a couple miles inland would be a better deal

taylormanss
09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
what kind of daycruiser is that and how big?

blowngas
09-27-2005, 11:37 AM
It's a 25 ft sleekcraft----v-drive---BBC----my brother in law has a mint Spectra just like it in Houston for sale----he put a crate 502 in his----great crusin boats!!!

H2OT TIMES
09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Taylorman, are you in the market for a cruiser? If so PM me I have a 26 Ft. Sleekcraft with no engine might work a deal.

taylormanss
09-28-2005, 07:08 AM
is it a jet or v-drive?

H2OT TIMES
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Jet

taylormanss
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
where's it at ?send me some pics.

H2OT TIMES
09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Check your PM's