PDA

View Full Version : And the problem was.........

havasurat27
05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
a 20 dollar part! To all that posted advice on things to check regarding the intermitant miss in my Hallett.....Thanks Again! Just in case anyone happen to ask themselves...I wonder what the issue was? Here it is. After 2 mechanics, several launches, carb rebuild, rejet, another cap and rotor, loaner MSD box, full wiring inspection, voltage and ohm testing, trying the cool switch from Dave Baker at Baker Marine, testing the fuel, fuel pressure and all of the other BS that I did myself it turned out to be the damn magnetic pickup in the MSD dist. The very part that MSD techline said " its either gonna work or its not, if the boat runs its not bad" WRONG! It must have been misfiring at low and mid RPM. Long story short... Thanks to Clu at Magic service for all of the loaner parts and help! Thanks to all the HBrs for your input as well. Now....Summer can begin! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

boater012
06-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I just read this thread and I am glad you got her up and running! Enjoy the summer!!!!!

havasurat27
06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
You drug this one up from the depths of the boards. Thanks again for the helpful info and the great harness plug. Clu liked it! Anyway the boat is running great and thank god that it was not fatal! See you on the water and I have your number put away for future use.