PDA

View Full Version : First Cabin Club (Nautical Inn)?

AirtimeLavey
09-23-2005, 05:23 PM
I've read the thread from Aug. Anyone have anymore info or comments? The sales guy told us last w/e that they have now purchased the Nautical and the prev. owner is out. They say they're gonna build on the whole 11 acres (includes golf course).
Also, said that if we decide we no longer want it, if after we try to sell it for 6 months, then they will try to sell for us. If they don't sell in 6 months then they buy back at our cost -15%. Seems fair.
Lots of promises - upgraded ramp, 2 bedroom suites, new pool, possible break water to protect main beach area, etc., etc. Sounded good. Rooms/suites they have now are nice. :idea:

In2Deep
09-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I bought one in April. Spent the week there in August.
Not sure about the changes and enhancements you mention -- those would be nice -- but I enjoyed the week overall.

Dusty Times
09-24-2005, 04:35 AM
I just want the F*****G launch ramp back! :cry:
I'm calling today and if they have it back I'm cracking a bottle open to celebrate. Their little battle seriously screwed my summer boating.

jdnichols
09-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Airtime, please let me know the name of the salesman you spoke with. He is spreading bull crap. As an First Cabin club owner myself, I am disgusted with the lies being told and the bad position it is putting the "real" owners of the Nautical into.
I have spoken to the owners and impressed the bad feelings we, their customers, are getting through the infighting. The know our issues with the marina, and I'm going to press to get this launch ramp issue resolved.
Now it's time I call Adel, the First Cabin Club manager and see what can be done.
Jim

jackpunx
09-24-2005, 08:35 AM
I've read the thread from Aug. Anyone have anymore info or comments? The sales guy told us last w/e that they have now purchased the Nautical and the prev. owner is out. They say they're gonna build on the whole 11 acres (includes golf course).
Also, said that if we decide we no longer want it, if after we try to sell it for 6 months, then they will try to sell for us. If they don't sell in 6 months then they buy back at our cost -15%. Seems fair.
Lots of promises - upgraded ramp, 2 bedroom suites, new pool, possible break water to protect main beach area, etc., etc. Sounded good. Rooms/suites they have now are nice. :idea:
I'll sell you mine for cheap!

Magic34
09-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't think the owner of the Nautical is out. Let me make a call and I'll find out for sure. A friend is really hot on that golf course land and they have the cash to do so.

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Airtime, please let me know the name of the salesman you spoke with. He is spreading bull crap. As an First Cabin club owner myself, I am disgusted with the lies being told and the bad position it is putting the "real" owners of the Nautical into.
I have spoken to the owners and impressed the bad feelings we, their customers, are getting through the infighting. The know our issues with the marina, and I'm going to press to get this launch ramp issue resolved.
Now it's time I call Adel, the First Cabin Club manager and see what can be done.
Jim
I think his name was Burt. I'll get back to you if not. We met w/him last Sun.

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:03 AM
I'll sell you mine for cheap!
How much?

jackpunx
09-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Probably what I owe.. I got it a couple years ago..
and I got the upgraded package which makes you eligible for the 2 bedrooms when they make them...
if your serious.. I'll check the numbers..
I can tell you that I paid a lot less then what they are paying now

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Damn, ....mixed reviews. I gotta make a decision whether to cancel the deal by tomorrow. Thanks for the input. Any more opinions would also be appreciated.
Thanks....ATL. :idea:

RiverToysJas
09-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I thought about looking into it too. I used the ramp last weekend and it was fine. I don;t think w/ the water down though you could use it with a boat any bigger than mine. I do wish that whole area was paved.
For a resort with boating as it's main focus, they sure don't seem to do much for the boater. I parked in an open lot (no cars in the whole parking lot) so I could get the wife & kids so we could leave on Sunday. I was not even out of the truck when a golf slid up and told me not to park there for very long. I pointed out that all of the curbs in the place were red, there is not paved wipe-down area, and I can't even pull the boat over near my room, because I can't turn around back there. He just agreed with me on all fronts.
What's the ballpark figure for one of those time-share rooms there now? We did like staying there, and it was nice having the boat right there all weekend.
RTJas :D

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Probably what I owe.. I got it a couple years ago..
and I got the upgraded package which makes you eligible for the 2 bedrooms when they make them...
if your serious.. I'll check the numbers..
I can tell you that I paid a lot less then what they are paying now
Pm'd you. Thanks.

Magic34
09-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I parked in an open lot (no cars in the whole parking lot) so I could get the wife & kids so we could leave on Sunday. I was not even out of the truck when a golf slid up and told me not to park there for very long. I pointed out that all of the curbs in the place were red, there is not paved wipe-down area, and I can't even pull the boat over near my room, because I can't turn around back there. He just agreed with me on all fronts.
D
I use that same lot on Sunday's to wipe down, and every time it is the same conversation. I paid $300/night for a sh*tty room, but the setup of the hotel on the water with the boat makes the value. However, for $300/night, I am not parking my boat I the dirt to wipe down.

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I thought about looking into it too. I used the ramp last weekend and it was fine. I don;t think w/ the water down though you could use it with a boat any bigger than mine. I do wish that whole area was paved.
For a resort with boating as it's main focus, they sure don't seem to do much for the boater. I parked in an open lot (no cars in the whole parking lot) so I could get the wife & kids so we could leave on Sunday. I was not even out of the truck when a golf slid up and told me not to park there for very long. I pointed out that all of the curbs in the place were red, there is not paved wipe-down area, and I can't even pull the boat over near my room, because I can't turn around back there. He just agreed with me on all fronts.
What's the ballpark figure for one of those time-share rooms there now? We did like staying there, and it was nice having the boat right there all weekend.
Good points. Kinda of a pain when we went over for the Lavey breakfast and looked for somewhere to park w/the boat in tow. Burt was saying that was going to change now that they bought the whole property.
One bedroom suite w/fold out sofa - sleeps 4....off season about $12k, summer season about $16k - roughly. Nice suites. Jacuzi in the master, and nice decor.

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 09:32 AM
I use that same lot on Sunday's to wipe down, and every time it is the same conversation. I paid $300/night for a sh*tty room, but the setup of the hotel on the water with the boat makes the value. However, for $300/night, I am not parking my boat I the dirt to wipe down.
This plus what they're saying is coming making it attractive. Promises, promises....

RiverToysJas
09-24-2005, 09:35 AM
One bedroom suite w/fold out sofa - sleeps 4....off season about $12k, summer season about $16k - roughly. Nice suites. Jacuzi in the master, and nice decor.
How many nights does that get you? and do you have to use them all in a row?
Thanks!

RiverToysJas
09-24-2005, 09:38 AM
LOL! I guess if you're a baller, you're a baller :rollside: .....sounds like I'll just be keeping my 1976 trailer up at Needles Marina Park after-all. ;) :D :D

Magic34
09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
LOL! I guess if you're a baller, you're a baller :rollside: .....sounds like I'll just be keeping my 1976 trailer up at Needles Marina Park after-all. ;) :D :D
Your avatar is sweet!!! :D
It doesn't matter what boat you have, shouldn't be in the dirt to wipe down.

RiverToysJas
09-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Your avatar is sweet!!! :D
It doesn't matter what boat you have, shouldn't be in the dirt to wipe down.
Well thank you! :D
Hell-Yeah, I agree with that!!! Even at NMP Campground you don't have to drive through dirt to get from the ramp to the road......and that's at $30/night. ;)

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 10:02 AM
How many nights does that get you? and do you have to use them all in a row?
Thanks!
7 nights.....and I believe it's consecutive. Also, 7 nights/calendar qtr. of bonus time ($65/night). Opportunites for significantly discounted travel weeks elsewhere (that is above and beyond the opportunity to "trade" our week for another resort, too). Make sense?
There's a lot about it that is very attractive. Of course, we don't look at it like an investment that will appreciate, etc., but rather access to nicer rooms and amenities when we travel, and discounted rates.
Did I drink enough of their kool aid or what?

RiverToysJas
09-24-2005, 10:09 AM
7 nights.....and I believe it's consecutive. Also, 7 nights/calendar qtr. of bonus time ($65/night). Opportunites for significantly discounted travel weeks elsewhere (that is above and beyond the opportunity to "trade" our week for another resort, too). Make sense?
There's a lot about it that is very attractive. Of course, we don't look at it like an investment that will appreciate, etc., but rather access to nicer rooms and amenities when we travel, and discounted rates.
Did I drink enough of their kool aid or what?
I'd officially like to offer you unlimited access to the Needles Bridge. For just $24,000 , payable to me....I will give you unlimited access to Arizona and points north via this bridge - for life. You may transfer your "ownership" at anytime, and use other bridges around the country at no additional fee. There is a $1400 bridge maintance fee though, paid annually. Juts make that one out to Spikes RV Storage, in my name. Thanks, I look forward to seeing you in Arizona. :p :crossx: :)

BajaMike
09-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Anybody talk to the owner yet to see if they really sold to the time share guys?? :confused: :confused:

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd officially like to offer you unlimited access to the Needles Bridge. For just $24,000 , payable to me....I will give you unlimited access to Arizona and points north via this bridge - for life. You may transfer your "ownership" at anytime, and use other bridges around the country at no additional fee. There is a $1400 bridge maintance fee though, paid annually. Juts make that one out to Spikes RV Storage, in my name. Thanks, I look forward to seeing you in Arizona. :p :crossx: :)
Yeah, but can I launch my boat there? Sounds good to me....where do I sign??? :hammerhea :D

Mrs.RoxySnow
09-24-2005, 12:13 PM
We bought the peak season beach level unit a little more than a year ago, the biggest selling point was obviously the week's vacation and option to trade, but the year round launch availability was what really sold us. We havn't had that "perk" since June and Labor Day Weekend I went in to the office and spoke to Kathy to find out what the heck is going on. According to her, FCC bought the golf course, and according to the legal description of the land, the launch is part of the golf course. Until they get it handled, they keep buying the Marina launch passes and handing them out like candy, but the whole thing is just getting old.
Also, the bonus time they refer to, I have yet to see. I have called them numerous times, on and off season, within the 14 days, and have never had it come through. I always get put on a waiting list and we end up booking somewhere else.
I don't mean to bitch, and they promise it's all getting worked on, just the owners are not getting with the program. To me it seems like a breach of contract, maybe a nice threat of a class action law suit would get their attention? It seems to work in the mortgage business :D

AirtimeLavey
09-24-2005, 12:26 PM
We bought the peak season beach level unit a little more than a year ago, the biggest selling point was obviously the week's vacation and option to trade, but the year round launch availability was what really sold us. We havn't had that "perk" since June and Labor Day Weekend I went in to the office and spoke to Kathy to find out what the heck is going on. According to her, FCC bought the golf course, and according to the legal description of the land, the launch is part of the golf course. Until they get it handled, they keep buying the Marina launch passes and handing them out like candy, but the whole thing is just getting old.
Also, the bonus time they refer to, I have yet to see. I have called them numerous times, on and off season, within the 14 days, and have never had it come through. I always get put on a waiting list and we end up booking somewhere else.
I don't mean to bitch, and they promise it's all getting worked on, just the owners are not getting with the program. To me it seems like a breach of contract, maybe a nice threat of a class action law suit would get their attention? It seems to work in the mortgage business :D
Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna call and ask for some things to be put in writing, that appear not to have been included in the paperwork.

Chris Winn
09-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Jim, Roxy,
if you wish to proceed with FCC on a legal basis, i will join in and help with the cost, i have been screwed by them as well. i ahve heard nothing but BS from day one (and i own one of the founding shares). try trading yoru time somewhere, you will get laughed at!
i am ready to go if there are others who wish to proceed with me!
i should have taken the 12K i spend 3 years ago and bought a damn house!!! :notam:
i am too pissed about this situation, they never have room for "bonus time" i was told that tehy only book to 80% so that they have soem rooms available for "bonus time" BS
PM me if you want more info

UltraLucky
09-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Jim, Roxy,
Try trading yoru time somewhere, you will get laughed at!
i
I checked around about trading time and had the same results. Do not make your decesions on future promises, it is very common in the time share bis. to talk up future imp. that may never happen. We backed out after checking into the situation there more completly.

AirtimeLavey
09-25-2005, 01:12 PM
ttt

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-25-2005, 01:17 PM
I didn't read this whole thread I am too lazy But did the first cabin club buy out the Nautical yet? :D

Miss Managed Assets
09-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Don't know, but trying to find out. We were there in July for the FCC presentation, had room problems for the first 24 hours. Adel was no help once we checked in, had to go to owner to get anything done and even that was a pain. They offered 17,000 for 1 week and 28,000 for 2 weeks, and the sales men lied about alot of things, we new correct info prior to going in and when we asked him abouth these things, he said none of that was true, then he got mad slammed things around and stomped out of our presentation. They were still in litigation at that time. So we did'nt buy then, we want to wait for everything to be setteled first.
Our friend has a place there and had to launch at crazyhorse, but us as guests launched from the nautical :confused: ?? :)
I'll post if we get any info.

Dusty Times
09-26-2005, 09:11 AM
:mad: You better get every promise they make in writing (won't happen-they will just retract the promise) Numerous ones were made to get us to sign when they first started selling.
I still haven't been able to use my week for this year because I cannot use the launch ramp (wich is 90% of the reason I purchased) and the marina will not let me launch with a 38' (although I do have mufflers)
Don't waste your time trying to get bonus nights. They don't exist anymore unless you try to book during the winter in a freak snow storm.
THANKS FIRST CABIN CLUB FOR F*****G MY ENTIRE SUMMER!
YES, I will donate to a procede on a legal basis to get our launch back.

78Southwind
10-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Any new info on this?

riverroyal
10-14-2005, 06:19 PM
again,maybe at the naked turtle.Our last trip we did there absolutely sucked,275 a night to listen to rave parties next door and fight over my sand spike and anchor on the beach,and then like magic 34 said,get my ass chewed out for being on the asphalt to wipe down.Im in world that relects on the captain club thing,same place,same owners.Never again!

72Hallett
10-18-2005, 07:34 AM
We bought there 3 years ago for one reason only. The launch ramp. Haven't been able to launch there all summer. Pissed about that. As for bonus time, we've used it every year in Feburary when our other place is rented to snowbirds. Never had a problem getting it. Cource it's winter.

jdnichols
10-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Dusty, I checked in to the situation today and this is the scoop.
Any guest staying at the resort, FCC or Nautical has full use of the entire property. An owner of FCC but not staying at the resort at that time does not have access. They have grant exceptions in the past depending on if the hotel is sold out and there is room left for trailers and such. The exceptions have stopped due to the abuse the front desk clerks were getting from FCC owners. The launch ramp was never intended as a public facility, we know where the problem is, right next door at the marina! And their getting away with it because the letter writing and calls to Arizona State land dept has stopped.
The FCC has an option to purchase the resort from the owners that is good until 12/31/05 if exercised properly. FCC has given notice of their intent to purchase, but nothing is in stone. They have much to do before it happens.
The golf course has not been purchased by either FCC or Nautical Inn to date. The Launch Ramp at on the golf course has been leased by the Nautical Inn and is for their use, and is seperated of any purchase deal.
There are no documented and approved plans for any two bed room condos on the property at this time and we know how long it takes to get something through the city and BLM.
I understand two sales type FCC employees were let go this month, possibly for mis-representing the property during sales presentations. If people have had lies delivered to them during a sales presentation, they should complain to the AZ Real Estate Commision, it may take a litlle while, but it will stop.
Claudia and I, Art and Carol with our gang will be staying at the resort Nov. 4 & 5, come have a beer with us!

Dusty Times
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for your help

Midlife Advantage
10-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Right behind ya Mila, if they dont get their shit together by next season I say yea, class action. I have not gotten bonus time since Easter! never available, always on a waiting list, they call you on the friday if it ever comes available. I could not use the ramp over the regatta weekend, they said they would reimburse me for paying to launch at the marina, no check yet. if they really have bought the Nautical, they should let us know.