PDA

View Full Version : Win MX ???????????

dirtman
09-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Anybody else having trouble with winmx? I haven't been able to connect for a couple days now.

Creator
09-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Mine doesn't seem to be working either. My Kazaa Lite K++ is still working though.

dirtman
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks, I thought maybe my 'puter was craterin' again!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-25-2005, 02:03 AM
mine doesnt connect as well.... :frown:

Natedog
09-25-2005, 02:05 AM
morpheus is the best

spectratoad
09-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Me too. I thought it was my puter?!?!

RiverRatMike
09-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Seven cease-and-desist letters were sent by the RIAA, but only three of the seven companies were mentioned in the Wall Street Journal. The companies mentioned are BearShare, LimeWire, and WinMX. All three companies were not immediately available for comment.
A recent Surpreme Court decision favored the music industry trade group to stop firms from allowing subscribers to share copyrighted material.
The RIAA has stated that record companies have shown a desire to work with legitimate online businesses to provide music legally. To avoid a potential RIAA lawsuit, file-sharing companies have the option of either implementing technology that is acceptable to the RIAA, or shutting down.
In May of this year, the RIAA brought lawsuits against seven retail establishments. These suits were filed in New York City and three different cities in Florida, for the sale of pirated CDs.
The suits in May were in response to a growing trend in recent years: the sale of pirated music through small, established businesses. Traditional physical goods or “commercial” piracy, which previously required large and expensive facilities to produce massive numbers of illegal tapes and CDs, now has potential to yield lucrative returns with only a minimal investment of space and capital. As a result, some retailers – such as the owners of convenience stores, liquor stores or corner markets – are attempting to make a quick buck by re-selling illegal CDs, or, in some cases, manufacturing counterfeit CDs themselves.
In the case of MGM versus Grokster Ltd. and StreamCast Networks Inc., the high court found in June that file-sharing services could use filters or take other technological steps to prevent customers from sharing music and movies illegally.
The RIAA has adopted an aggressive “zero tolerance” approach to retailers and file-sharing firms that engage in this activity.
The RIAA estimates that the U.S. recording industry loses more than $300 million dollars annually to physical goods piracy.

RiverRatMike
11-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Get winmx up and running again with this easy install patch.
Worked great for me and I'm back on winmx everyday now.
http://www.vladd44.com/mx/piepatch.php