PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

wantacat
09-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Out on the water saturday and I was just idling, then I get two beeps. So I turn the boat off and start it back up and I get a long beep that wont turn off. So I turn it off, check all fluids everything is ok start it back up everything seems ok and I get the two beeps again. Put it back on the trailer and even with the motor off and the key is enganged in the on position I still get the two beeps. ????

LAFD
09-27-2005, 08:08 AM
what kinda boat is it.

cola
09-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Out on the water saturday and I was just idling, then I get two beeps. So I turn the boat off and start it back up and I get a long beep that wont turn off. So I turn it off, check all fluids everything is ok start it back up everything seems ok and I get the two beeps again. Put it back on the trailer and even with the motor off and the key is enganged in the on position I still get the two beeps. ????
Drive oil ???

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
you should hear two beeps after you do a partial turn of the key. It's the long, continuous beep that means trouble.
Did your temp guage go up? I have replaced my impellar twice and the long beep warns you of the rising motor temp...

burtandnancy
09-27-2005, 09:21 AM
When all else fails, read your instruction book...

Redneck
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
my guess is drive oil

Sleek-Jet
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
... That I'm locked on and will be firing a missle shortly.... :crossx: :220v: :D :D

Stoneman
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Drive oil most likely, but a stereo can beep sometimes too.

Gilligan
09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Are you in reverse? :hammerhea

Jbb
09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
... That I'm locked on and will be firing a missle shortly.... :crossx: :220v: :D :D
You have tone...... :D

Nord
09-27-2005, 09:49 AM
impeller if the temp is going up or pressure issues, but it I agree, if it isn't constant, no problem there!

goneboatin
09-27-2005, 10:52 AM
May be a fuel pressure problem. Teague couldn't figure it out for the six - yes, six times they had my boat. The seventh time the fuel pump took a sh1t, then they were able to figure it out.
Any Mercruiser shop should be able to hook up their scan tool to it - reading it is another story.
:hammerhea

wantacat
09-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Its not the drive oil because I checked it and it was ok. I did turn it off and turn it back off it sounded like a fuel issue. It kind of bogged out so i turned it off and back on and it was fine again. It just kept giving me the two beeps again like every minute. I was watching my temp gauge and it wasn't rising.

Phat Matt
09-27-2005, 09:25 PM
did you check your blinker fluid ? :confused: :cool: -
Could also be the microwave. I know after I am done cooking something if I don't open the door it beeps a couple of times until I pull my food out. Did you pull your food out? :eat:

Wonderboy
09-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Its not the drive oil because I checked it and it was ok. I did turn it off and turn it back off it sounded like a fuel issue. It kind of bogged out so i turned it off and back on and it was fine again. It just kept giving me the two beeps again like every minute. I was watching my temp gauge and it wasn't rising.
Mine was doing the exact same thing. I don't know what motor you have, but mine was beeping twice every minute or so also. I shut off the batts. for a minute to reset it and it hasn't done it since.

wantacat
09-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Mine was doing the exact same thing. I don't know what motor you have, but mine was beeping twice every minute or so also. I shut off the batts. for a minute to reset it and it hasn't done it since.
IM thinking it can either be a bad sensor or the fuel pump. I havn't started it back up after turning the batteries off. Ill try that and see what happens but probably just going to have to take it in and have it scanned to see what codes are showing up unless i can get my hands on one and figure it out from there..

moneypit
09-27-2005, 10:16 PM
take it out of reverse.. those back-up alarms kill me 2.

Brooski
09-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Are you sure it wasnt someone alerting you on a Nextel?

JetBoatRich
09-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Just turn the stereo up :D

shueman
09-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Prob. the dishwasher...

goneboatin
09-28-2005, 05:58 AM
May be a fuel pressure problem. Teague couldn't figure it out for the six - yes, six times they had my boat. The seventh time the fuel pump took a sh1t, then they were able to figure it out.
Any Mercruiser shop should be able to hook up their scan tool to it - reading it is another story.
:hammerhea
I forgot to mention that there is a fuel pressure sender and that it is very sensitive to fuel line pressure. Mine kept going off anytime I passed 1/2 throttle. Fuel pressre sender, fuel pump, or fuel filter may be bad. Or you could just have crap in your fuel line.
Can you get to top speed? Mine would peter out at 4200 rpm, just like a governer was on it, but only under load.

Water Romper
09-28-2005, 01:47 PM
If it’s an outboard, (Merc) could be the oil injector for two strokes…the tank could be low or the sending unit could be cracked….either way, a cheap and easy fix... :D