PDA

View Full Version : Installing Diverter on JE Pump....

stashtrey
09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Is this going to require a lot of work? Or are these kits made to essentially bolt-on? I know there will probably be one hole I'll need to put in the transom of the baot for the new cable/hose... but what about the steering and throttle? Will those mount in the same place as they are right now?
How much adjusting is needed once you have this thing hooked up? If it is hydraulic, is it best to mount the switch on your wheel? Or on the dash? OR.... is a manual better?
Thanks!

Squirtin Thunder
09-27-2005, 01:40 PM
It is real easy !!!
You know you can call me anytime you need help.
I would get an O/B type up down and mount on the wheel if it where mine.

stashtrey
09-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Jim!
I just read your Parker thread... a few dicks in there. Keep up the great work. You are hustling some sponsors!
I'll probably give you a call when I'm really ready to do the diverter.... just trying to get some preliminary information. I usually do this when I'm bored at work... dream up some things to do to the boat.
By the way... it has been running absolutely perfect. I've taken it out damn near every weekend except after Labor Day... I cut my foot at Oroville in the lake and ended up with blood poisoning and a nasty staph infection that took over my whole leg! Spent a few days in the hospital. Crazy stuff.
Good luck with your race!!