PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Queens

Sangerboy
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
This is for the jet and whacker lurkers who think that v-drives are trailer queens, here's a shot of the Sanger anchored at our camp on Lake Mohave during our houseboat trip :D :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/411anchor.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/411camp.jpg
sorry about the image size

Sanger80
09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
what are you running in it. Do you have it dialed in? what are you gettin gout of it :rollside:

schiada96
09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Trailer queen right that thing holds enough gas to run to Catalina and back. Your strut is done.

weekendwarrior
09-27-2005, 06:09 PM
This is for the jet and whacker lurkers who think that v-drives are trailer queens, here's a shot of the Sanger anchored at our camp on Lake Mohave during our houseboat trip :D :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/411anchor.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/411camp.jpg
sorry about the image size
That is an awesome boat! The paint scheme is really clean. Just the right amount going on.

You Te
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Looks like the beach right next to Kathrines landing. :2purples:

Sangerboy
09-28-2005, 05:09 AM
what are you running in it. Do you have it dialed in? what are you gettin gout of it :rollside:
This package is a milder 468 (10.2 to 1 compression, hydraulic cam, twin 650's on a tunnel ram probably 500 to 550 hp) than the 461 that was in it before (675 hp). Not quite dialed in with the less powerful motor, have to move the prop back a little bit, ( thus the new strut from Schiada96). It runs 85 to 90 in current configuration, ran 105 with the other engine in it. One of these days when I have more time :rolleyes: I'm thinking of dropping the Canyon motor in it (1100 hp) to see how it acts :D
PM me if you're having trouble with your setup, I'll be glad to help with what worked for me. Greg

Sangerboy
09-28-2005, 05:14 AM
That is an awesome boat! The paint scheme is really clean. Just the right amount going on.
Thanks, that's exactly the instructions I gave to Billy, clean and sharp but not too busy. As usual he carried 'em out to a tee :D :cool:

Sangerboy
09-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Looks like the beach right next to Kathrines landing. :2purples:
You Te, I hate Katherine's, way too many people down there, that's Owl Point across the way, we're at about mile 29 on the Nevada side.

You Te
09-28-2005, 06:58 AM
You Te, I hate Katherine's, way too many people down there, that's Owl Point across the way, we're at about mile 29 on the Nevada side.
I've not been to Katherine's landing in about 10 years and even then it could be a zoo. I'm sure it's worse now.
Anyway, nice looking boat.

dossangers
09-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Its funny how there were no whackers around in april or last week when we were running up and down the river! Also we took all the FLATS daily to the beach almost all the way to TOPOCK! My boat was anchored all week long burned 225 gals of ALKY! All i know where there are fast v drives there aint no whackers EVER! :hammerhea :hammerhea

You Te
09-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Its funny how there were no whackers around in april or last week when we were running up and down the river! Also we took all the FLATS daily to the beach almost all the way to TOPOCK! My boat was anchored all week long burned 225 gals of ALKY! All i know where there are fast v drives there aint no whackers EVER! :hammerhea :hammerhea
I'm sure all the Wackers were afraid.
Anchored all week and burned 225 gals of alky,
that's good but how much did your boat burn.

dossangers
09-28-2005, 10:01 AM
They were VERY AFRAID!!

O.B eddie
09-28-2005, 10:13 AM
This package is a milder 468 (10.2 to 1 compression, hydraulic cam, twin 650's on a tunnel ram probably 500 to 550 hp) than the 461 that was in it before (675 hp). Not quite dialed in with the less powerful motor, have to move the prop back a little bit, ( thus the new strut from Schiada96). It runs 85 to 90 in current configuration, ran 105 with the other engine in it. One of these days when I have more time :rolleyes: I'm thinking of dropping the Canyon motor in it (1100 hp) to see how it acts :D
PM me if you're having trouble with your setup, I'll be glad to help with what worked for me. Greg
11OO H.P wow this must be a 7.50 sec. canyon. What is this motor blown? Or a big inch dry sump pro stock deal! Give some details that is as much H.P as the Abyss? Why would you install it in that boat :confused: Hee Haww for the yard sale :)

Sangerboy
09-28-2005, 11:30 AM
11OO H.P wow this must be a 7.50 sec. canyon. What is this motor blown? Or a big inch dry sump pro stock deal! Give some details that is as much H.P as the Abyss? Why would you install it in that boat :confused: Hee Haww for the yard sale :)
It might be capable of high sevens but I doubt it could go 7.50's since it is not a light layup, has a passenger seat and saddle tanks. As a rookie my first pass in it was an 8.70 ( my first trip down a measured quarter mile period) A better driver could knock 3 or 4 tenths off easily I'm sure. I saw 9K on the tach at the river last week ( in high gear) , it was running real good :D

Moneypitt
09-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Greg, you had a typo in that last post, you forgot the $ in front of the 9K, should've read $9K...............Ray

O.B eddie
09-28-2005, 12:21 PM
It might be capable of high sevens but I doubt it could go 7.50's since it is not a light layup, has a passenger seat and saddle tanks. As a rookie my first pass in it was an 8.70 ( my first trip down a measured quarter mile period) A better driver could knock 3 or 4 tenths off easily I'm sure. I saw 9K on the tach at the river last week ( in high gear) , it was running real good :D
So How big C.I is this motor J/K!! Hee Haww :mix:

Sangerboy
09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
So How big C.I is this motor J/K!! Hee Haww :mix:
It's a 509 (Dart block 4.500 bore X 4.00 stroke)
Ray, if that was a dollar sign, I'd probably have to double that # to equal what the motor cost to build.