PDA

View Full Version : eBay questions

dimarcobros
09-28-2005, 03:50 PM
What are pros and cons (if any) of putting a boat/truck up for sale on there? Anyone had good/bad experiences?
thanks
DMB

AZKC
09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
The fees can get up there, you have to be careful how you list it. And you have to deal with everyone on ***boat making fun of your ad :hammerhea :)

dimarcobros
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
What do the fees run?
DMB

BADASS38CHEVY
09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
What are pros and cons (if any) of putting a boat/truck up for sale on there? Anyone had good/bad experiences?
thanks
DMB
We sold our boat on ebay with no problems! We got 4100.00 more then we were asking. You need to put everything about the boat the dings, the rips in the seats. Because if you dont tell them everything then they can back out of auction.

Outnumbered
09-28-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks
DMB
I sold a $10k car on e-bay to a guy in TX a while back. It was in the local paper for 3 weeks with no sale. Sold in 5 days on e-bay. Transaction went flawless.
Only deal with people that are either 1) Local--face to face or 2) have at least 50+ feedback of at least 95%. The downside is that e-bayers typically are not willing to pay top $$ and there is a transaction fee based on the sale price. The upside is nationwide exposure and the opportunity to post tons of quality pics of the car (inside and out).

HocusPocus
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
the listing fees will all be upfront and you will know what they are before you do it.
don't worry if you don't get bids on it right away.. most of the seasoned bidders like to wait for the last day.. or last minute even. :)
i have heard of others having problems.. but over the past 3 years i have never had any problems.

superdave013
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
The fees can get up there, you have to be careful how you list it. And you have to deal with everyone on ***boat making fun of your ad :hammerhea :)
We only make fun of the clapped out jets and flats that are listed as 100 / 130 MPH rigs. :cool:

AZKC
09-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Fish on!!!!! :crossx: :)
Yeah the fees will show as you add features before you approve it. Watch using a reserve price they knick ya pretty good on that one and also remember Paypal get their cut if somebody pays with Paypal. I've noticed some sellers charging 3-4% for PAypal transactions. :idea:

dimarcobros
09-28-2005, 05:03 PM
We don't have to use PayPal do we?
Thanks for all the help.
DMB

mickeyfinn
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I have sold several vehicles and a couple of boats on ebay. The fees are pretty reasonable since all of them were listed locally before and didn't sell. The fees were worth it. As far as only dealing with people with positive feedback, you can't always do that on vehicle sales. It is a big ticket item and some people are making their first and only e-bay purchase. Communication is king here. Be up front and honest and keep it touch with people.

bonesfab
09-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I've sold quite a few things on there. The nice part is you put a high reserve on it and see where it goes. If it sells great, if you get offered what you want great, if it does not sell your only out the ad price. The last time i listed a car it cost 65.00 or so with a 52000.00 reserve and 10 pictures. Also list a phone # so they can ask questions or make offers. Just my opinion which ain't worth s@#t.... :rollside:

Nord
09-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Don't deal on Fleebay!!!!!
Just my .02~~~

Slacker
09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
I am always on ebay,there are some good deals. I didnt sell my boat,but i got alot of advertisement out of it. Only had i bad deal, got stiffed for about $200 from a punka$$ named William Duty for a Dooley scoop. He had positive feedback but you can never tell. Your add will probally cost the same as if you listed it in the boat trader but unlike them you can get into more detail with ebays ad. Good luck ....Ct

Creator
09-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Our boat is on Ebay right now. I sold a 70 Challenger on there a few months back and the auction went great. If you list in Ebay motors there is a $40 listing fee plus anything special you add to the listing. If it sells there is another $40 fee. If you list on standeard ebay and not in the motors section it is much more expensive because they take a percentage.
HP is right, most bidding won't start until the last day or so.
Our ebay ad. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Lavey-Craft-2750-NuEra-Performance-Family-Boat_W0QQitemZ4577475756QQcategoryZ26432QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

BADASS38CHEVY
09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Our boat is on Ebay right now. I sold a 70 Challenger on there a few months back and the auction went great. If you list in Ebay motors there is a $40 listing fee plus anything special you add to the listing. If it sells there is another $40 fee. If you list on standeard ebay and not in the motors section it is much more expensive because they take a percentage.
HP is right, most bidding won't start until the last day or so.
Our ebay ad. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Lavey-Craft-2750-NuEra-Performance-Family-Boat_W0QQitemZ4577475756QQcategoryZ26432QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Hey is this boat remote controlled.I see in one picture that there is no driver.My buddy is looking for a closed bow boat .I will send him this link.Nice boat.

Creator
09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey is this boat remote controlled.I see in one picture that there is no driver.
Ha...Nice. I didn't want my ugly mug to take away from the beauty of the boat so I edited myself out along with my dad who's the owner.

HocusPocus
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
i saw that boat last night while looking thru ebay... i really like the laveycrafts and that boat is NICE!

JetBoatRich
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I have sold and purchased lots of items on e-bay :rolleyes: even bought my golf cart on EBAY :cool:
Look at the people history make sure they have a good rep :rolleyes:

HCS
09-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Ebay=Gaybay, fukin fags in SF Cal invented it so they could butt phuck each other.
It would be out of business if it wasn't for pigeon bitches! :lightsabe
I wouldn't support their asses. :2purples: :messedup:

beyondhelpin
09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Just got a email back from seller. Told me to return and he would give me a refund. Ah the power of ***boat! :D :D :D

dimarcobros
09-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the help.
DMB