PDA

View Full Version : Man I hit the Jack Pot.

Mighty Thor
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Local Hot rodder says he has a jet boat with a broken shaft and wants to know if I want it. So we drive about 40 miles out of town to see this thing and it is a mess. No hull #s and not looking to familure to me in part cause someone cut the deck out to make it an open bow, the Jacquzi pump is broke with a mangled impeller and broken shaft, all apart and scattered in the bottom of the boat all the steering and guages are gone. So I am not to interested. Then he says that he got it with the engine in it and was trying to work a trade with some guy for a couple of chevy small blocks. HMMM?
What's the engine says I. 455 Oldsmoblie says he. HMMM? So we work our way back to town. I tell him that I don't have any use for the boat, but I can lift it off the trailer for him so he can sell the trailer and he says great, and he will just give me the boat which by the way has a title. Neat. Now I am thinking that I still have a Hondo sitting without an engine or any other Marine gear in it and he probably has at least some exhaust stuff and a bellhousing so I asked about it and he says sure, he will throw that in the boat when he brings it over. I am starting to sweat a little cause I am afraid I am gonna wake up and it will all be a dream. When we get back to his place I ask if I could just look at the mounting stuff real quick and he says sure and we open his garage and there in the corner sits the 455. That the motor? says I and he says yep, guy that was gonna do the swap never showed up to make the deal. So all casual I say's well if he doesn't come thru, I would make you an offer. He says how much and I says well, probably couldn't go more than $400.00 cause I would have to consider it as a core since no history, and he says Cash? Of course (cause I thought I might have been buying boat parts) and he says you got it. We loaded it all up and I brought it all home. engine, 4 point mounts, exhaust logs, the whole works. Valve covers say Harden Marine 330 Horsepower. HMMM?

brianthelion02
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

FuelInMyVeins82
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Too bad they dont do a pimp my boat sounds like a contender. Stoke on the hard wear though

Mighty Thor
09-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I am so goona hafta post pictures of this boat. It is something Tim Burton would make a movie about. I almost want to Rebuild it just so I can do my Young Frankenstien routine "ITS ....... ALIVE! :jawdrop:

FuelInMyVeins82
09-29-2005, 08:43 AM
lol IF you do it talk to Nelson. YOu should see his Neon its definatly on the same level. Im sure hes got some good ideas

SmokinLowriderSS
09-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Do it, DO it, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crossx: