PDA

View Full Version : Is Everything Made In China!!!!!

Not So Fast
05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
What with all the immigration stuff on TV now I thought i would start looking at where things are made. HOLY CRAP, no wonder China is using up all the fuel. It is difficult to find anything not made there, from soup to nuts its being made in China. Start checking it out, you'll be amazed :confused: :confused: NSF

havaduner
05-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Depressed is more like it. I sell a lot of paper products that come from China. We'll be seeing cars from China here soon...
Also, if you see something that simply says "PRC" on it, yep, also from China.

Tom Brown
05-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Hello and welcome to Walmart. :)

syke-o
05-10-2006, 09:01 AM
answer = yes

canuck1
05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Hello and welcome to Walmart. :)
You got a new job Tom?

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
China should be a concern for everyone outside of China.
They intentionally keep their currency devalued to make their goods attractive to the rest of the world. As a result we (and other countries) buy as much crap from them as we can. That helps them and kills us economically - we're in so much debt and they hold that too. :mad:
They're building up armed forces like no other country in the world (they've got to spend all those billions somewhere) and they will ultimately challenge the US for armed forces supremacy. Don't forget the top secret nuclear weapons secrets they stole from us while Bill was President. :mad:

riverracerx
05-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Actually China is becoming rather expensive to buy from. They are developing a middle class, and even more of an upper class. They are buying Escalades and Navigators from us.
Now manufacturers are going to places like Malyasia, Indonesia and Vietnam for goods, especially apparel.
Made in China is becoming the new Made in Japan, that was once frowned upon.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Cheap production costs. Thank the unions a little bit on that issue.....

Rocknpalms
05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
We were in Ensenada Mexico two weeks ago and my son wanted a guitar so I bought it for $10. When I looked on the back it had a sticker. MADE IN CHINA. WOW.

Mandelon
05-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I bought a stapler today. Hecho in Mexico. I was surpised. :rolleyes:

havaduner
05-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Actually China is becoming rather expensive to buy from. They are developing a middle class, and even more of an upper class. They are buying Escalades and Navigators from us.
Now manufacturers are going to places like Malyasia, Indonesia and Vietnam for goods, especially apparel.
Made in China is becoming the new Made in Japan, that was once frowned upon.
EXACTLY! Also, tons of American companies are developing projects in China, building, etc....

superdave013
05-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Is Everything Made In China!!!!!
Hell no it's not. It's 8:49 PM in So Cal and I'm still making heat exchangers. So there, some stuff is still made is the good ol' USA!

havaduner
05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Hell no it's not. It's 8:49 PM in So Cal and I'm still making heat exchangers. So there, some stuff is still made is the good ol' USA!
Then get back to work and get off the boards!!!!!! :rolleyes:

DaveA
05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I wuz talking to Brain wswrhr on the phone about the aftermarket wheel business, and probably 80-90% of that product is now offshore, with the majority coming from China, it seems. Much of the aftermarket stuff we repair is Chinese. And you can tell the difference....

THATJEFFGUY
05-10-2006, 09:42 PM
We were in Ensenada Mexico two weeks ago and my son wanted a guitar so I bought it for $10. When I looked on the back it had a sticker. MADE IN CHINA. WOW.
They just put the sticker on it...cuz "HECHO EN MEXICO" woulda only got em $5 :D

sorry dog
05-11-2006, 03:49 AM
I think bird flu is made in china... probably a few other diseases too.

RitcheyRch
05-11-2006, 04:17 AM
We were just talking about this at work the other day.
China should be a concern for everyone outside of China.
They intentionally keep their currency devalued to make their goods attractive to the rest of the world. As a result we (and other countries) buy as much crap from them as we can. That helps them and kills us economically - we're in so much debt and they hold that too. :mad:
They're building up armed forces like no other country in the world (they've got to spend all those billions somewhere) and they will ultimately challenge the US for armed forces supremacy. Don't forget the top secret nuclear weapons secrets they stole from us while Bill was President. :mad:

Wake Havasu
05-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Are Kachinas Hecho en Mexico?

duffster
05-11-2006, 05:47 AM
What with all the immigration stuff on TV now I thought i would start looking at where things are made. HOLY CRAP, no wonder China is using up all the fuel. It is difficult to find anything not made there, from soup to nuts its being made in China. Start checking it out, you'll be amazed :confused: :confused: NSF
China or India

havaduner
05-11-2006, 06:25 AM
China or India
Saw on a news report (CNN I think) that India will be an international powerhouse in the next 10-20 years. Funny thing is, they were also showing all the Chinese people immigrating there.

chub
05-11-2006, 06:55 AM
What capacity heat exchangers?
Oh yeah, I was made here in the USA! :p

HM
05-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Half my panty line is manufactured on the Malaysian border.
Kill naughty man.

centurion tunnel
05-11-2006, 07:06 AM
A couple years back I was in Mexico city with the wife a decide to go see the aztec ruins that are real primitive with not alot of turist around.. Drive three hours to the ruins a they are just spectacular. We spend most of the day just in just amazement of the size of them, driving back out of the park we dicide to stop a buy some artifacts. Lots of realy cool items to choose from and finaly finding the one that caught our eye, reaching down to pick it up I flip it over and it says made in f-in china...NAFTA at it's best.

HM
05-11-2006, 07:10 AM
.... it says made in f-in china...NAFTA at it's best.
I had no idea China was part of north America.

centurion tunnel
05-11-2006, 07:14 AM
I had no idea China was part of north America.
Ok! one of the free trade deals.

G-Body
05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, I always try to buy stuff that is made in the USA, but it is almost impossibel now. Yesterday I needed brake rotors (my autozone rotor literally disintegrated must have had a porous spot, I`m sure overheating and warping them didn`t help either :rollside: ) So I go looking for new rotors, advance autoparts was more expensive and they were still made in china. I went to autozone and they had valucraft rotors for 25 and duracraft for 35. I asked where they were made and the clerk looks at me like what differece does it make, and said she would have to ask the boss. I said it should be right on the outside of the box, I think duracraft is made in mexico and valucraft in china but I want to make sure. She goes in the back and tells me I`m right so I said I would take the duracraft (last set of rotors was made in china, didn`t want that crap again.) She brings them out and the box says made in china. WTF It eneded up that both were made in china, same boxes and most of the writing on the boxes was the same, only the stickers were different :220v:

Cheap Thrills
05-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Value Craft & Dura Craft same thing Value Craft is the cheaper part
Dura Craft is the same part with a longer warranty.
just looking arround here there's not much that I have that isn't made outside the US. All the important stuff my tools ( Matco , Mac & SnapOn) my audio equiptment ( QSC & Peavey) Band equiptment ( Pearl & Fender,) Vehicles Chevy & Jeep though I'm not too sure about the Jeep :yuk: were made in the USA. kitchen appliances TVs Clocks well some squeeky little yellow bastard put those together. :p
C.T. :wink: