PDA

View Full Version : Welfare Reform.......???????

Forkin' Crazy
09-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I had some friends come up from Houston dodging Rita. They stayed with me almost a week. They are very liberal, especially my girlfriend.
I live near a small town, an old farming community.
So we were discussing a variety of topics and welfare came up....
I told them about the people in the town and how most of the population was on welfare, assisted housing, food stamps, SSI, etc.
And how the 13 year old was pregnant, and living with her 26 year old mother, who was also pregnant, living with her 40 year old mom, and her mom lives there too. So we have 4 generations, with a 5th on the way, living under the same roof and all are on government assistance and none know who the fathers of the children are.
They also have been known to "teach" their kids to act up in school, so the child will be diagnosed with ADD, and they will get a SSI check.
They were speechless..... Mine said, "What about welfare reform?"
I said that this is will never happen. How are you going to force people to take care of business and get out and be a productive member of society?
They were amazed actually how bad the situation really was. Apparently this is swept under the rug by the liberal media.
I was equally amazed that they didn't know what was going on. I love them all, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out....
But we all know this is Bush's fault... lol

ROZ
09-29-2005, 12:16 PM
We can thank FDR for helping creat a very flawed system that was based on good concept.
People work the system to an art form...

SmokinLowriderSS
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
We can thank FDR for helping creat a very flawed system that was based on good concept.
People work the system to an art form...
Yes, yet another Democrat feel-good idea with grand intentions blown apart by the human penchant for laziness and greed.
Fortunately, a lot of us are greedieer than laziness would provide for, thus we do a terrible thing involving a 4-letter word. We "WORK". :p

Forkin' Crazy
09-30-2005, 10:25 PM
I have been working on the farm since I was 12.
I am planning on doing the same with my son. Yes that's right, child slave labor. And he might become one of those evil, selfish people that work for what they have. :jawdrop:
I was just totally amazed that some people don't know that there is really no effective form of welfare reform. :hammerhea