PDA

View Full Version : You Know your from the SANTA CLARITA VALLEY when:

Acommanderguy
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Repetetive, but some of these are pretty funny... no seriusly i could SOOO RELATE.. its scary LOL
1. There are more lifted trucks than cars. (and all the cars have lame frames that say "daddy's spoiled little girl")
2. And these lifted trucks are cleaner than the cars. (or they go Mud Womping in the wash!)
3. You know what fun bar is. (Dude? am I too old to know what fun bar is? probably.. but i remember when there were water slides in CC **** ya!)
4. You do Fridays on Fridays. (or u do drugs and go to fridays on saturday)
5. Every lifted truck has some sort of Skin, Vulcom or Famous sticker on it.
6. You know where Hamburger hill is. (mmmm......)
7. We have more blondes than any other area. (more blondes? or more stupid blondes?)
8. Some moms drive bigger trucks than the kids do. ( or SUV, Hummer, Suburban, or other obnoxious vehicle)
9. Guys are either training to be a Fireman or EMT. (What!? Not one.... theyre all training to be drug dealers[um...the show Weeds is about SCV], training to be at home slackers, or training for the military)
10. Your Neighbor is a Sheriff. (not only that....but theyre the cops from the Rodney King trial!) hahahaha
11. You see no less than 4 prerunners in 5 minutes on any given intersection.
12. You go to the Tailgate on Xodus night and complain about too many people there. (wtf are you guys doing now in SCV?)
13. You have been to a Xodus mansion party. (again...wtf?)
14. There are more H2's in Stevenson Ranch than in any other part of town. (and more hummer in SCV than anywhere else in the country)
15. Your friends from the "Valley" complain about the drive up to your house even though it takes only 20 minutes. (As someone now from the 'valley'...its just an excuse becuase no one wants to go to scv)
16. Chicks do the 5 second stare at your truck if its lifted. (enough with the trucks)
17. You remember Chicago Bar (LOLOLOL I remember it when it was a poolhouse before cactus club)
18. YOU REMEMBER SANTA FE BILLIARDS ( see above)
19. THE WINDOWS AT THE FAST FOOD PLACES ARE MADE HIGHER FOR LIFTED TRUCKS. (haha yep)
20. AFTER A RAIN THE LOCAL WIZZY WASH LOOKS LIKE THE LOCAL MUD HOLE (you mean mud wamping hole)
21. A GOOD RAIN IS A BLESSING FOR THE LOCAL LIFTED TRUCK ENTHUSIAST( Shut the **** up about the trucks already!!!)
22. When you see girls think they are dressing fashionable when you know that what they are wearing is out of date ( i know that what theire wearing allows for me to see their thong, and allows me to call them a cheap *****)
23. The best hangout place to go to is the mall (if youre 6)
24. You arent surprised to hear that someone's daughter, son, brother, sister, or mother does coke. ( hahahahahaha)
25. Everyone knows everyone! (Tell me about it....nothing like hear about what u did wrong before u did it)
26. Majority of kids that graduate from high school go to COC. (hahaha...majority of kids need to move out of their parents house)
27. Everyone thinks Canyon Country is the "poor side of town" but we have houses in Sand Canyon that cost more than any house in Valencia in Sand Canyon. (**** ya... we got horses and wolves and deer, and actually do things other than spend money)
28. There's more white power kids than any other city. ( Peckerwoods in CC...and now "project mayhem" in Stevensons Ranch? You are not in a 'gang' if you drive a lexus. If anyone says theyre a part of that...kcik their ass!!)
OK!!! These were pretty lame....but I know some of us from SCV can come up with good ones so add them on.
1) You know where Nike Airbase is and you drive up the one lane cliff road to do something crazy.
2) People put fake snow on their grass during x-mas.
3) like....we love to like, ya know, add meaningless stuff like in between every ****ing word ya know?
4) You know someone who was in a movie...and you think youre special because of it.
5) You get pissed off when you have to park far away because theyre filming a movie at your highschool.(ie..Biodome, Romey and Michelle, Pleasantville)
6) You survived the The Riots, the fires, Northridge Quake, more fires, mudslides and the governator.
7)You know what a StarWagon is.
8) You know the real story of how Edward Scissorhands was based on SCV.
9) You know that Saugus and Newhall are on the signpost in Beauty and the Beast.
10) The Cacho cut your lawn.
11) You get your comics at Brave New World.
12) You get your pumpkins at Lombari's Ranch.
13) You rember when Dance Cock...I mean Dance Club 2000 was the Plaza and had $1 movies.
14) You remember when the Manns was the only theater in town instead of a church.
15) Q-ZAR!!!!!!
16) You drove up Pico Canyon in the dark to get scared...and sometimes found the craziest shit up there!
17) you know at least one person who died in a drunk driving accident.
18) You're jealous the new Highschool actually has an animal as a mascot.
19) We were called 3rd safest city in the US....but always managed to hear about rape, murder, and assault on a regular basis.
20) You go to Saugus Cafe at 3 am after a concert.
21) youve seen at least one Canyon Theatre Guild play.
22) You've walked down the Western Walk of Fame.
23) you know who William H Hart is.
24) If someone doesn't know where SCV is you say "Right by Magic Mountain'
25) On Halloween you head up to the rich houses where they hand out king size candy bars.
26) You know most of the cars on "Pimp my Ride" are own by students of COC and Cal Arts.
27) You've been to at least one Cal Arts party/show and realized 30K a year doesnt buy talent.
28) You use the paseos!
29) you remember the Old ChuckE Cheese w/ the epilepsy room under the stage w/ broken giant puppets.
30) Theres a shitload of 'punk' kids who dont know who the Clash or Dead Kennedys are and wear tight ass 80s pants.
31) You love the coffee at Mitch's Java n Jazz.
32) You've made perverted gestures to the "bronzies" at Town center.
33) You avoid Valencia by taking Sierra Hwy, San Fernando, Plum Canyon, Lyons and the Old Road.
34) You watched the hills catch on fire every 4th of July.
35) you open your garage and pull out lawn chairs when the cops are in your neighborhood.
36) You see the bums but dont know where they go
37) You probably know who Frank Ferry is.
38) You know what a 'curfew' ticket is, and probably got one.
39) You probably got high/drunk with one of your teachers.
40) You've been the at least one Concert in the Park.
41) You can remember when the Saugus Speedway actually was a speedway- complete with races every weekend!!!!!!!!
42) You can remember there was once an Elementary school where Edwards Cinemas is now in Canyon Country. (and i wen to that school- before transferring to Valley View when that school was shut down)
43) You know where and what Placerita Canyon is, and you've prob. been hiking or up to some other activity in there.
44) You can remember when there was nothing around VHS except the industrial park.
45) You remember what the mall looked like- before all the additions and renovations.
46) You've worked at Six Flags-or know many people who have. (I worked there for far too long)
48. It's inconceivable to have a prom in a gym.
49. You went to CoCos after prom.
50. You can remeber when you had to drive from the mall to target.
51. Your school got new bungaloss every year even if it was just built.
52. Mmmmm Coffee Kiosk
53. You remember when they built the Barnes and Noble and Ben and Jerrys and everyone one was complaining they were toooooo expensive.
54. You remember when Mountasia was a big deal.
55. The lanes 50 cent Tuesdays
56. You went to Coscos for the samples
57. You actually know whet Dell Taco is
58. You love Panda expresses orange chicken and have at least once been one of the 20+ people in line at the mall.
59. You remember or took part in the tile contest for the carousel.
60. You have waited for somone by the Big quilt while they went to the bathroom.
61. You can remember when sanrio was basically stationary and not posh.
62. You know at least one person who smoked pot in a pen at school.
63. You took Vicodain for fun.
64. You were excited about plum canyon
65. You were lower class if your house wasn't under 7 yrs old.
66. When you have partied at or made out at "the falls"
67. Know what the "dips" are.
68. You knew that the general lee had some famous scenes at saugus speed way.
:mix:
69. You knew at one point where best buy is that it was once onion fields.
70. Remembered how fun cantina beach was!
71. Have had laddy pick you up from the bar for 10 bucks!
72. remember when shooters was the place to be.
73. you have been stuck in the wash
74. you remember frontier days parade!

cxr133
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
LOL....
i lived in hollywood... but i went out w a girl
You can remember when the Saugus Speedway actually was a speedway- complete with races every weekend!!!!!!!!
and we would go up to saugus to party not really watch the races

Acommanderguy
09-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I can remember most and relate to most, bc I was born and raised here. But I actually got that from myspace

shaffewm
09-29-2005, 03:36 PM
You forgot Genesis and The Limelight...(slimlight) and the old slutters mill...now that right there is old school scv...damn I'm gettin old....