PDA

View Full Version : ticket

LAFD
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
have a question that was just asked me by a co worker and i figure someone on here would know. how much is it if you get pulled over and dont have your license on you. what do you have to do and how much does it cost???

slink
09-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Is that all they were cited for?.....kinda CS, but I have seen several judges ask to see it on the court date and as long as it was valid on the day of the ticket, they usaully dismiss the ticket.

LAFD
09-29-2005, 01:02 PM
cool ill let here know thanks everyone.

Ziggy
09-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Is that all they were cited for?.....kinda CS, but I have seen several judges ask to see it on the court date and as long as it was valid on the day of the ticket, they usaully dismiss the ticket.
Does it count when pulled over if you can recite the DL# and the pertenant info on it...don't they just verify it on the D-base anyhow?.....I always wondered about that.

riverbound
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Almost everytime I get pulled over I dont have my licsense on me, I have never had a problem. they usually just bitch at me for a little bit then let me go.

Ziggy
09-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I believe the law states that you must have it in your possession when operating a vehicle.
You just have an answer for everything, don't ya :rolleyes: I know that you're supposed to have it I was asking an Officer how they handle it in such a case......for curiousity case.

slink
09-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Does it count when pulled over if you can recite the DL# and the pertenant info on it...don't they just verify it on the D-base anyhow?.....I always wondered about that.
The law states that you must posses it when you drive (CVC 12951a). If I can verify your true identity (alot of people use their siblings info to hid from warrants) then you're on your way with a warning, unless it's DILLIGAF or BG. BTW, NEVER use your siblings or anyone elses info. Goes straight from an infraction to felony, just like that.

Ziggy
09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry, thought you were asking in regards to not getting a ticket. Hell, I've been pulled over without my license before, I just gave the guy my name and bday and he hooked me right up. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just trying to help.
Ok...understood.

Ziggy
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
The law states that you must posses it when you drive (CVC 12951a). If I can verify your true identity (alot of people use their siblings info to hid from warrants) then you're on your way with a warning, unless it's DILLIGAF or BG. BTW, NEVER use your siblings or anyone elses info. Goes straight from an infraction to felony, just like that.
Thanks Slink, thats kinda what I thought since its happened to me too but wanted to see what the general MO might be. Only desperate or runners will try to falsify info to LE :supp: :mad: