PDA

View Full Version : Sanger plate length?

Mohavekid
09-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I will be adding some cav plates to my Sanger Mini-Cruiser over the winter, and I'm looking for some basic set up info to think about.
Can anybody tell me the length of the cav plate from the transom on a Sanger cruiser? Any photos of the plates on a Sanger cruiser would be a big help.
Thanks

weekendwarrior
09-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I will be adding some cav plates to my Sanger Mini-Cruiser over the winter, and I'm looking for some basic set up info to think about.
Can anybody tell me the length of the cav plate from the transom on a Sanger cruiser? Any photos of the plates on a Sanger cruiser would be a big help.
Thanks
Your boat didn't come with plates? This will be a really nice addition to your boat. I don't have a sanger but I have been around a lot of v-drive cruisers.I think that a good length is an 18 inch plate. 3 inches under the bottom with 15 inches from the transom to the edge of the plate. Only one man's opinion, but the longer the plate the more control you will have. Good luck. :)

Highlimit9000
09-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Check with Pierre. Obsessive Compulsive on the boards...He has a Sanger with plates that scoots!!!

Itsahobby
09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
X2, took a ride in his Sanger last weekend. It was a 9 on the pucker scale.
Hobby
Check with Pierre. Obsessive Compulsive on the boards...He has a Sanger with plates that scoots!!!