PDA

View Full Version : Buying Boat registered in Nevada?

Kahuna
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I live in California so what would work best if I bought a boat in registered in Nevada? It would be stored in Parker AZ.
Taxes, Registration, etc?

Beer-30
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I am same situation. I sent in the signed off reg to AZ and they sent all the info necessary. It is registered in my CA address as a non-resident AZ reg. Same on trailer.

burtandnancy
09-29-2005, 04:53 PM
You're going to need an address in NV to send your registration to.

Kahuna
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
My big concern is the taxes that I have to pay when I buy it from a private party. I have never bought a used boat before.

Beer-30
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Nothing was due on mine. I wrote the guy a check and then paid the reg fees only. This was in early January, this year. I hear things may have changed since then.

burtandnancy
09-29-2005, 05:05 PM
There are no taxes on a private party sale between two NV residents

JetBoatRich
09-29-2005, 08:49 PM
You're going to need an address in NV to send your registration to.
My new boat is registered in Nevada and when I went into the Nevada fish and game last week, they used my CA address for my registration.

JetBoatRich
09-29-2005, 08:49 PM
There are no taxes on a private party sale between two NV residents
Very Nice Nevada Law :D

2Driver
09-30-2005, 08:30 AM
I just boat a boat last week from Las Vegas and registered it in AZ.
No sales tax, $30 in state boat reg fee from AZ Game and Fish ( I live in AZ) and a $125 permanent trailer tag from the lovely and gracious AZ Motor vehicles Dept. Neither titles needed to be notorized. However, MVD wanted to inspect the trailer first because it was from out of state. I am not sure how the CA resident with an AZ reg puts a tweak in the process.
Good luck. You can call Game and Fish in AZ they are great to work with. MVD will anwer the phone too.

Sleek-Jet
09-30-2005, 08:33 AM
No sales tax, $30 in state boat reg fee from AZ Game and Fish ( I live in AZ) and a $125 permanent trailer tag from the lovely and gracious AZ Motor vehicles Dept. Neither titles needed to be notorized. However, MVD wanted to inspect the trailer first because it was from out of state. I am not sure how the CA resident with an AZ reg puts a tweak in the process.
Good luck. You can call Game and Fish in AZ they are great to work with. MVD will anwer the phone too.
Expect a letter from the fish cops wanting to see the boat HIN as well...

2Driver
09-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Seriously? I asked them if I needed to bring it down and they said "no". Maybe they do a sampling like the IRS to audit for stolen boats?
Jeez what a pain to drag the thing off the hill to Greenway and I-17. ARGH :burningm:

Beer-30
09-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Doing the CA thing, I had to have the "pink" notarized. Other than that, it was painless.

azgfboatgirl
09-30-2005, 08:40 AM
What Fish Cops? LOL :eek:
We only inspect boats if it has a bad HIN.
Call me if you have any questions about registering in AZ.
Libby :wink:

2Driver
09-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Here's one.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2789755568595.jpg

Sleek-Jet
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Things must be different down here.
The ones here in Tucson wouldn't register my boat without a HIN check... :hammerhead
I went in with the signed Cali Certificate of Ownership and was told to come back with the boat, without them even looking at the paper work.

2Driver
09-30-2005, 08:51 AM
I went in with the signed Cali Certificate of Ownership and was told to come back with the boat, without them even looking at the paper work.
They are a good judge of character perhaps? :D :D :D

azgfboatgirl
09-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Here's one.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2789755568595.jpg
LMAO :D

Sleek-Jet
09-30-2005, 08:54 AM
They are a good judge of character perhaps? :D :D :D
I guess so... end of story the boat is still registered in CA...

azgfboatgirl
09-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Things must be different down here.
The ones here in Tucson wouldn't register my boat without a HIN check... :hammerhead
Maybe they were having a bad day. :idea: