PDA

View Full Version : BBC flexplate ?

dreamsicle
05-26-2003, 07:54 PM

GofastRacer
05-26-2003, 08:08 PM
dreamsicle:
I just finished building an engine for my jet boat. I took it to the lake today and it has a bad vibration. It is externally balanced. I am worried in one of my late night sessions I put the flexplate on wrong. Can anyone tell me where the weight on the flexplate should be. I can see it through the back of the bellhousing and is lined up at about the 0 mark on the balancer. I tried another balancer in place of my fluiddamper but that didn't change anything. Thanks for any help...Keith If you have a Chevy, you can only bolt it on one way, disconnect your drive and run the motor and see if you still have a vibration, if you still have a vibration, then it's in the motor, you did have it balanced, right?.. :confused:

GofastRacer
05-26-2003, 08:41 PM
A 180 off????, that's bullshit, there's a hole for the dowel in the flexplate, just line it up with the hole in the crank.
If you did a complete rebuild with all new parts, the whole assembly needs to be balanced and that includes the damptner and the flexplate, if they told you different, you need to find another shop big time!!... eek! eek!

beached 1
05-27-2003, 05:24 AM
check your drive assem. It sounds like it may be off center a little. It doesn't take much for it to vibrate.