PDA

View Full Version : Badges??

79Challenger
09-30-2005, 11:02 AM
This season marks my first on the water piloting my own boat. As you might of guessed, a '79 Challenger. 454 with a slight cam and a jacuzzi jet. The boat has been under construction for about 2 years. It needed some glass work alond the bottom. Then was completely gutted and stuffed with freshly gassed floor and header boards. New carpet, upolstry, gauges, and a freshly built motor.
I am lacking a final touch. Badges. I have surfed the web countless hours and can not really find anything. Not even a history. I know the were in Montclair, CA. Aside from that, no information seems to be availible. Can anyone shed some light or steer me in the right direction?

BigBlockBaja
09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I too have a 79' Challenger. I can take some pics of the badges I have. Maybe that will help. Im curious to hear about your performance numbers. Can ya post some pics of your Challenger?

BigBlockBaja
09-30-2005, 12:40 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1636100_6545.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1636100_6546.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1636100_6547.JPG
How ya like your Jacuzzi pump? Got any pics of your setup?

79Challenger
09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Those are exactly what I am looking for! You want to pop 'em off and send them to me? Sure you do. lol.
I have a few photos right now, I will take some more if I get home before dark. Only thing is I can't figure out how to post photos. Is there a tutorial around here some where?
Also, I would love to see more photos of your boat, jet, upolstry, dash, all of it. I want to make sure I am keeping up with the jones'.

BigBlockBaja
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Mine is kinda, "rough"... But heres a link to a guy selling his 1982 Challenger that looks really NICE!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91430
You will like those pics..

79Challenger
09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
That is very clean. I didn't know that challenger had full stringers. I have seen a few and none of them were full stringer boats. Is yours?
Rough or not I would enjoy seeing the photos.
and curse this damn computer. I still can not figure out how to post a f'ing photo.

guardrail
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Another Challenger owner, I've got a 1976 18ft, w/ a 455 olds and a berkeley

79Challenger
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
I had been told that challenger only used jacuzzi pumps. Then the only thing I found on the net was an advertisment from a magazine or something. It said berkeley. So is that stock?
Also. Big Block Baja, is that dominator update any good? It is the jacuzzi with a dominator update right? I have heard it is a dead end pump, true? I would love to have a diverter. Without the water being glass it is difficult to cruise under 4k rpm and not start to bounce some. Although it does plane very nicely.

79Challenger
09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Another Challenger owner, I've got a 1976 18ft, w/ a 455 olds and a berkeley
where are you located?

NELSON#109
09-30-2005, 08:16 PM
i have those off my old 78 challenger.... they are laying arround in my toolbox somewhere... they are in about the same condition as the ones in the photo.

BAE_557
09-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Badges............. We don't need no stinking badges.

79Challenger
10-01-2005, 06:59 AM
i have those off my old 78 challenger.... they are laying arround in my toolbox somewhere... they are in about the same condition as the ones in the photo.
Would you have any plans for them?!?

moneysucker
10-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Nelson, I am surprised that they are not on the race Metro by now.

NELSON#109
10-01-2005, 12:41 PM
dang... i never thought about throwin them on the mighty metro... still thinking of cuting the back into a p-up bed... gonna call ith either the metruck, or the el cametro...
oooohhh yea, not planing on doing shit with the challenger badges... where u live dude... ill go look 4 them right now. beat it... nelson#109

BigBlockBaja
10-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I had been told that challenger only used jacuzzi pumps. Then the only thing I found on the net was an advertisment from a magazine or something. It said berkeley. So is that stock?
Also. Big Block Baja, is that dominator update any good? It is the jacuzzi with a dominator update right? I have heard it is a dead end pump, true? I would love to have a diverter. Without the water being glass it is difficult to cruise under 4k rpm and not start to bounce some. Although it does plane very nicely.
My pump is all Dominator. Its very similar to a Berkeley. Not busting your chops, but if my boat had a Jacuzzi, I would have never bought it. Im not sure if I have an old dominator or a new one. I dont have Full stringers. They stop right at the front of the motor. The diverter makes a lot of difference.
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6775/rooster9gi.jpg
Im also running a droop. Not sure how much thats helping, being I never ran it without it. I also have a loader in the intake.
If ya wanna email me them pics, I will post them for ya. gmcsub4x4@yahoo.com

Danhercules
10-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Badges? We dont need no stinking badges!!!

79Challenger
10-04-2005, 07:36 AM
dang... i never thought about throwin them on the mighty metro... still thinking of cuting the back into a p-up bed... gonna call ith either the metruck, or the el cametro...
oooohhh yea, not planing on doing shit with the challenger badges... where u live dude... ill go look 4 them right now. beat it... nelson#109
I am in Southern California. I will gladly do what I need to get them. Please let me know.

NELSON#109
10-06-2005, 08:47 PM
i dug around a bit in my tool box, and only found one of them, and a REBEL one from my old sleek craft... when i get a break from work, ill look harder.... it's not in great shape... about the same as the one in the pic above.... if i find the other one ill let you know...
btw, roostware wants one for his classic emblem collecton, so if i dont find the pair, let me know if you still want the one... if not ill give it to roost..... i forgot, i travel all arround so-cal for work, what city are you in... maybe ill be through there soon.

79Challenger
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
One would be great. I will take it if you are willing to give it up. I am in the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga Area. That is about where the 10 and 15 freeways intersect.
I am very anxious to get these badges, even one. I may try to find someone to make a mold from the one.
Trying to pm you with my contact info. The forum will not let me send a pm? If its a go we can work the details out. Let me know.

NELSON#109
10-08-2005, 08:55 PM
i got both of them... i dug around a bit more, and found the other one.... il get with u later..

moneysucker
10-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Throw them bad boys in the bed of the El Cametro and get your A$$ down there. It would only be like $6 for gas 2 gal right?

Brooski
10-09-2005, 11:54 AM
i travel all arround so-cal for work, what city are you in... maybe ill be through there soon.
Who ever would of thought that word would have ever come out of his mouth

NELSON#109
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Throw them bad boys in the bed of the El Cametro and get your A$$ down there. It would only be like $6 for gas 2 gal right?
so you like the "EL CAMETRO beter than the METRUCK"

79Challenger
10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
i got both of them... i dug around a bit more, and found the other one.... il get with u later..
Nice... Very Nice. Sounds like you may be in my area. Just let me know. Thanks.

moneysucker
10-10-2005, 03:23 PM
so you like the "EL CAMETRO beter than the METRUCK"
El Cametro is the bomb. I think I would have some emblems made up for it. Or use a sharpie. A stencil and spray paint would work too. Since it would be a truck, then you could throw a hith on it and take it to the track.

79Challenger
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
lol... i gotta see a photo of this thing.

NELSON#109
10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
(805) 320-1528.............

Havasu Doug
10-11-2005, 04:49 AM
My 78 Challenger came with a Dominator pump. I've since added a Place Diverter to it though.

79Challenger
10-11-2005, 08:32 AM
My 78 Challenger came with a Dominator pump. I've since added a Place Diverter to it though.
I have also heard there is a dominator upgrade to the jacuzzi. Is this true?

NELSON#109
10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Mine Came With A Berkely Pump... A Friend Of Mine Had A Dom In His, And I've Seen Them With All Three Brands, Including E-pumps ....btw, If You Still Want These Emblems, Give Me A Call... Ill Get Em To Ya.