PDA

View Full Version : auto insurance

MsDrmr
10-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I am getting my own vehicle insurance since the mr. and I split, our policy has run out.
I have requested quotes from AAA, Mercury, Wawanesa, and thats about it. Does anyone know of a good and reasonable ins co that I should try. I also need to insure a condo I purchased after our split, that may help bring dow a premium cost.
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks

dimarcobros
10-01-2005, 08:50 AM
I work for State Farm and can run you some numbers. You would get a 12% discount on your auto for having the condo insured with us as well.
let me know.
Matt
matt@jonshepherdins.com

MR HARLEY
10-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear of your situation .....
Here is a Number to my insurance Contact . He insures my house, autos, and my Harleys . Couldnt do my boat though :frown:
800-800-0965
Ask for Rick .
Good Luck ...

76ANTHONY
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
I am getting my own vehicle insurance since the mr. and I split, our policy has run out.
I have requested quotes from AAA, Mercury, Wawanesa, and thats about it. Does anyone know of a good and reasonable ins co that I should try. I also need to insure a condo I purchased after our split, that may help bring dow a premium cost.
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks
ive got farmers, they're pretty good

soupersonic
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
try 21st century also , great rates ;)

Jyruiz
10-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I have Mercury, and they rock.

MsDrmr
10-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Wow, long time no see around here. Sounds like you're getting on with things pretty well, new car, new condo. Way to go. :D
Yeah, it's great to be back. I don't have a computer at the house, and I want to keep it that way for a while, things were really busy here at work, so I did not have time to write to anyone. But I'm HOME now.......
Hows everyone here? Sure missed yal

Focker
10-01-2005, 09:02 AM
I Found The Auto Club Has The Lowest House Ins Rates When You Insure Your Car With Them. I Went From State Farm To Allstate To Autoclub In Lowering My Rates

JustMVG
10-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey Mrs D, how've you been? Hey i know a guy who does Farmers Insurance maybe he could help you out, J/K :D

dimarcobros
10-01-2005, 09:05 AM
In my experience AllState, State Farm, and AAA are the best when it comes to customer service when it comes to claims....State Farm being #1 of course. :D Remember, just because rates are cheaper with one company does not mean they are better. You can always go with Freeway and get the cheapest rates but you will not be happy come claim time.
Just my .02
DMB

MsDrmr
10-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey Mrs D, how've you been? Hey i know a guy who does Farmers Insurance maybe he could help you out, J/K :D
UHHHH thanks but no thanks Mike. :)
How the hell are ya?
D and I are doing good, We have been keeping real busy with church, and some groups we are in, and now that he's in Jr. High, well,,,,you know how it is, busy busy (the poor child usually has a minimum of three hrs homework)
Other than that, nothing to brag about.

JustMVG
10-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Glad to see all is working out, hows he handling the Jr. High deal? Please tell him i said hi, and give the little one a kiss and a hug for me and the rest of us. Give a call sometime and stop being a stranger!!!

Cole Trickle
10-01-2005, 09:15 AM
If you would like a quote through Mercury through an Agency that offers great service let me know.(No Brokers Fee)
We offer a 15% multi policy discount if you insure your vehicle/Condo
We are located in central Orange County
Brandin
877-800-AUTO

JustMVG
10-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey there wanted to know how they are treating you over there at the job?

MsDrmr
10-01-2005, 09:29 AM
very well, thanks, I have asked if they are doing anymore hiring and there has been a hiring freeze for this office. I think the Santa Ana office is a different story, but not here. I was actually hired on about a month ago, after they made me a supervisor for the dept that I am in. I told then I would need to be a permanent employee, elegible for benefits before I would take on the responsibilty of supervisor, so here I am.
Drake is adjust well, still cries sometimes because of Mike, breaks my heart like you would not believe, but other than,,,he is doing well.
I have wanted to call, however, I have just basic phone service and any calls I make outside are long distance. I spoke with Margaret a while back and she said she would call and I never heard from her. I am tight on $$ because of the bills I pay and now we get to add another :burningm:
I had my cell phone turned off too, so I can't even make (weekends free calls) but my life is still good.
I miss you and the girls (I included Margaret in that statement), and Drake asks about you all the time, we really need to get together...

JustMVG
10-01-2005, 09:33 AM
very well, thanks, I have asked if they are doing anymore hiring and there has been a hiring freeze for this office. I think the Santa Ana office is a different story, but not here. I was actually hired on about a month ago, after they made me a supervisor for the dept that I am in. I told then I would need to be a permanent employee, elegible for benefits before I would take on the responsibilty of supervisor, so here I am.
Drake is adjust well, still cries sometimes because of Mike, breaks my heart like you would not believe, but other than,,,he is doing well.
I have wanted to call, however, I have just basic phone service and any calls I make outside are long distance. I spoke with Margaret a while back and she said she would call and I never heard from her. I am tight on $$ because of the bills I pay and now we get to add another :burningm:
I had my cell phone turned off too, so I can't even make (weekends free calls) but my life is still good.
I miss you and the girls (I included Margaret in that statement), and Drake asks about you all the time, we really need to get together...
Well yeah we do check your PM's get us the # and we'll get something going soon. So hows Lee W. treating you and did you ever mention my name? I wonder if he even remembers me, my dad he'll remember for sure.

Jyruiz
10-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I just finished dealing with Mercury (other party's insurance company) and I must say, they don't rock compared to Allstate. :D
I got my truck broken into, I finally put a claim in 11 months later, and they took care of it with out any problems, they did not hassle me at all. I even told them that it happen 11 months ago, and they took care of it anyway. When I got to the body shop, they were all ready for me and knew about it and took care of me right away. I think that rocks.

dimarcobros
10-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Not every company is perfect. With every 100 claims a few are bound to not go smoothly. Just the way things go, not just for insurance companies but for any customer service product.
DMB

Cole Trickle
10-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Not every company is perfect. With every 100 claims a few are bound to not go smoothly. Just the way things go, not just for insurance companies but for any customer service product.
DMB
Well Said!!
Brandin

Keithb87
10-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey MRSDRMR I missed you too. Sounds like you got your shoit together.. As for Insurance, I have GEICO. I went from Safeco to GEICO and saved 15% on my auto insurance (kinda sounds like the commercial) But they were alot higher on the house than Wells Fargo.

2Driver
10-01-2005, 11:11 AM
For So Cal it is hard to beat the value of Southen CA AAA. THey have very agressive prices and over the top customer serivce. I know and worked with most of the so cal insurers including them and they are really great. Hard to beat State Farm service too but not sure where the pricing would be.
shop it

MsDrmr
10-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey MRSDRMR I missed you too. Sounds like you got your shoit together.. As for Insurance, I have GEICO. I went from Safeco to GEICO and saved 15% on my auto insurance (kinda sounds like the commercial) But they were alot higher on the house than Wells Fargo.
Hey missed you too mr. long time no hear huh? but guess what.....troubles back :cool:

redneckgirl
10-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Welcome back ms D... we missed you around here!!! :D
RNG

Sleek-Jet
10-01-2005, 01:03 PM
ive got farmers, they're pretty good
Another vote for Farmers... and I've had a couple claims and it's always been painless, and they won't drop you for claims either.

2Driver
10-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Another vote for Farmers... and I've had a couple claims and it's always been painless, and they won't drop you for claims either.
Az is a non cancelable state, but wait until your next invoice :cry:

Sleek-Jet
10-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Az is a non cancelable state, but wait until your next invoice :cry:
This was in Colorado... premiums went up for a year or two.